Infrastructure and Energy Sector

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Are lodha and other such name able to fill up their apartment's from mega projects? Or are ther any ghost cities there as well.
They are able to, Lodha by the way is MMR oriented company, this project is in NCR.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

BabaKhalbali

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Gadkari lays foundation stone for the 750m bridge over River Narmada at Bhedaghat in the state of Madhya Pradesh.

thebakofbakchod

Lmao. As I said before, the world will be in for a huge surprise at how much of a bigger shithole than they conceived most Indian cities are, as more and more districts and city have street view access. So far, other than Kangladesh, I have yet to see cities this filthy on street view. Cambodia is quite rough, but generally cleaner than our cities (but their bad roads/slums are just as bad) and the images are from a decade back. Who knows the state now.

Indonesia is quite interesting. Inner gullys can be quite poor and filthy but generally in most towns, the main roads pretty good

1667896423124.png

1667896540353.png

Kenya looks like a very typical Indian city. Non existent rubbish collection and chaos and broken roads everywhere. Same for Nigeria and Ghana.

1667896751417.png

Other than kanglus who somehow look even worse, other African tier countries generally look the same as most of our towns and cities. India's urban infrastructure deficit is easily in the trillions and this government has done absolutely nothing to fix it. Modi has given up on his swachh bharat jumla. Most cities and towns here in Karnataka somehow look filthier than a decade back, even though people have grown a lot richer

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

Lmao. As I said before, the world will be in for a huge surprise at how much of a bigger shithole than they conceived most Indian cities are, as more and more districts and city have street view access. So far, other than Kangladesh, I have yet to see cities this filthy on street view. Cambodia is quite rough, but generally cleaner than our cities (but their bad roads/slums are just as bad) and the images are from a decade back. Who knows the state now.

Indonesia is quite interesting. Inner gullys can be quite poor and filthy but generally in most towns, the main roads pretty good

View attachment 180912
View attachment 180913

Kenya looks like a very typical Indian city. Non existent rubbish collection and chaos and broken roads everywhere. Same for Nigeria and Ghana.

View attachment 180914

Other than kanglus who somehow look even worse, other African tier countries generally look the same as most of our towns and cities. India's urban infrastructure deficit is easily in the trillions and this government has done absolutely nothing to fix it. Modi has given up on his swachh bharat jumla. Most cities and towns here in Karnataka somehow look filthier than a decade back, even though people have grown a lot richer

Why are you hyperventilating this much? Before this street view do we have some super-duper roads and after this street view we are going to have super-duper roads. Why are you worrying about Goras they are always have limited piece of knowledge and anyway they will show India in a yellow filter for next 100 years.

Now coming to the roads.
In my hometown Trichy our area is basically 4 streets with 50-70 families and the last time the road was laid was during 2000-03 time. While the quality of road is good at that time but still it went to shit after 15+ years. In last few years due to smart city, we are getting complete sewage facility and whatever little road went off and dusted. During rain it will be complete mud path for vehicles. When we ask the councilor, he said they will lay roads only after 2-3 years after the smart city project completes. Since the condition is so poor my grandfather and along with few other likeminded folks (max- 5-6 people out of 200 folks) put pressure on councilor for last 1 year and then finally few months ago we have road in all four streets. Apart from this 5-6 people none of area folks does not aware any of this things and every time we asked to support as none of them shown any interest.

The main point people are ready to live with all shit without even questioning their elected reps. Even today in my locality there are streets which laid during 2000 and now completely washed off. The street has nearly 100+ families and none of them are asking why they are taking this much long to relay a simple road.

This is from a Proper Corporation in Tamil nadu. Imagine the condition in much smaller town.

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

View attachment 180912
View attachment 180913

View attachment 180914

Looks better than any place in Patna tbh.

SKC

Country flag
The best thing about this is the land reclamation.
The project faced lot of backlash from So called environmentalist initially.

Basically, the people who had property near the coast were worried that their properties would lose their value as the shoreline will recede more after completion of the project.

Somehow the project got clearance and it has been running very fast since inception.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

View attachment 180912
View attachment 180913

View attachment 180914

I'm actually surprised r/indians in comments are more sensible than the one who's defecating on his own country. With $1k average income you don't expect miracles, Indonesia's per capita income is almost twice of India.

Things take time to change unless you're China which bulldozes everything and builds stuff to just show the world how prosperous they are.
587B4817-138E-4C0F-9D55-02B72680F033.jpeg

thebakofbakchod

Why are you hyperventilating this much? Before this street view do we have some super-duper roads and after this street view we are going to have super-duper roads. Why are you worrying about Goras they are always have limited piece of knowledge and anyway they will show India in a yellow filter for next 100 years.

Now coming to the roads.
In my hometown Trichy our area is basically 4 streets with 50-70 families and the last time the road was laid was during 2000-03 time. While the quality of road is good at that time but still it went to shit after 15+ years. In last few years due to smart city, we are getting complete sewage facility and whatever little road went off and dusted. During rain it will be complete mud path for vehicles. When we ask the councilor, he said they will lay roads only after 2-3 years after the smart city project completes. Since the condition is so poor my grandfather and along with few other likeminded folks (max- 5-6 people out of 200 folks) put pressure on councilor for last 1 year and then finally few months ago we have road in all four streets. Apart from this 5-6 people none of area folks does not aware any of this things and every time we asked to support as none of them shown any interest.

The main point people are ready to live with all shit without even questioning their elected reps. Even today in my locality there are streets which laid during 2000 and now completely washed off. The street has nearly 100+ families and none of them are asking why they are taking this much long to relay a simple road.

This is from a Proper Corporation in Tamil nadu. Imagine the condition in much smaller town.
Who the hell is hyperventilating. Goras badmouthing is the least of my concerns. What I care about is why the fk are Indian cities at least in Karnataka getting filthier even as they grow richer. The answer is quite easy. People are buying more things and just throwing them into the streets. Local sweepers just sweep them into a corner. I travel to the smart jumla city Dharwada every month and the place somehow gets worse other than the 2 roads which the BJP MLAs boast about.

InfinityWarrior Thanos

Country flag

View attachment 180912
View attachment 180913

View attachment 180914

Rindia post detected , opinion rejected.

thebakofbakchod

I'm actually surprised r/indians in comments are more sensible than the one who's defecating on his own country. With $1k average income you don't expect miracles, Indonesia's per capita income is almost twice of India.

Things take time to change unless you're China which bulldozes everything and builds stuff to just show the world how prosperous they are.
View attachment 180960
Most urbananised districts in big Indian states are reaching 2+ lakh per capita income. I could ignore the shitty roads if they roads were clean, but somehow even the most basic thing lacks in most Indian cities except the ones in Kerala from what I have seen. How hard can garbage collection be

These cleaning trucks can be bought from alibaba for a few lakhs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles