Indo-Israel a mutually beneficial relationship

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
India's Tata tightening ties with Israeli universities

Tata Industries executive director KRS Jamwal is visiting Israel to tighten ties with Israeli academic institutions.

Six months ago, Tata Industries, which focuses on innovation at Tata Group, signed an agreement with Tel Aviv University to make a $5 million anchor investment in a $20 million fund that will invest in the university's technologies. Ramot at Tel Aviv University Ltd. CEO Shlomo Nimrodi says that the fund will soon raise the rest of the money.

"Almost most of Tata's income now comes from outside India, we have not sufficiently exploited technology as a competitive advantage. We mainly operated in emerging markets where there was demand for our products, including products that are not at the forefront of technology."

In recent years, especially since Cyrus Pallonji Mistry was appointed Tata Group chairman in 2012, the company has been emphasizing technology. It already collaborates with Israeli defense companies.

Tata is collaborating with Israeli companies on nutrition security, which includes better use of water, crop enhancements, and food transportation. "India, like Israel, has little farmland relative to its population. India produces 220 million tons of food a year, and consumes the about same amount, but much of the population is undernourished," says Jamwal. "The problem is that farmers cannot make profits to invest in advanced technologies, creating a vicious circle. They're stuck with grade B seeds, they have no greenhouses, and they're completely dependent on the weather. Many innovative Israeli technologies allow better use of what already exists in agriculture, and at a reasonable price."

India's Tata tightening ties with Israeli universities - Globes
I personally believe Indian universities produce top-lass students , but where are the innovations ?

so the above is a kind of reminder - if indian universities dont produce innovators, we'll go to Israel for that !

dastan

I personally believe Indian universities produce top-lass students , but where are the innovations ?

so the above is a kind of reminder - if indian universities dont produce innovators, we'll go to Israel for that !
I believe that's because the brightest of em all - like top 2% rarely stick to the country.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I don't have words to express my feeling towards Israel and Jews
Roma Ma'am, you are absolutely correct. Whatever Indo Israeli friendship fora I have seen on the internet, it's always been started by Indians. I also read a report that Israelis are very racist towards Indians whenever they come here to visit, although I can't seem to find the source, so I can't really understand this love and infatuation with Israel like some Indians like Sanjeevo seem to display.
i kinda agree with praneet ....i too have actually been to israel - they seemed to display no particular great love for india , although some healthy respect , after all they needed all the friends they could get ....i found them to be a little cocky and slightly difficult to get along .... those jews who thought they were something special , whatever chosen race , which although im christian - idont quite buy into that ....... but the down to earth jews, the secular ones - they truly did appreciate india much more , i felt .

....mind you i visited israel way before india became the largest buyer of israeli defence products as we are today
:

partly thanks to the many posts our beloved member sanjeev jino has "bombarded" us with :)thumb:) ( which incidentally
i consider to be good information ) and also more importantly because of the changed and changing situation
i am now radically updating my view of indo-israeli ties which i formerly formed in the 1990's and therefore truly
are due for review

i think they are going very well and in the right direction too
it isnt important what individual and perhaps less informed israelis thought of us indian folks
it is more important what their system thinks of us and it is very positive , from what i gather .

the individual public views will also follow suit accordingly, im sure and become a great deal more positive
than what i sometimes seemed to have perceived in the 1990's which is now about a quoter of a century ago

so i am pretty sure i an say israel is fast becoming on of our very best friends
and is cooperating with us in almost all fields , certainly in many fields where the west
isnt much bothered to lend a hand for mutual benefit

i can now say long live the indo -israeli friendship - it is a very important one , for both of us.

no smoking

Country flag
Well, your top-class students are full of basic theory but no working experience. In defence industries, that matters lot more than what they learned in the universities.

Won't change a lot. Israel is also relying on American's expertise and experience. For a big country like India, they don't have much to teach.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Well, your top-class students are full of basic theory but no working experience. In defence industries, that matters lot more than what they learned in the universities.
You seem to know an aweful lot about Indian grads for someone living in PRC:rolleyes:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Do you have proof that there are "no" Indian Innovations? What a stupid statement:facepalm:

India's problem is only one thing- economy

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Do you have proof that there are "no" Indian Innovations? What a stupid statement:facepalm:
India's problem is only one thing- economy
Sir i notice that in recent posts you have made quite a name for yourself on this forum

please look at your own inability to read - where did i say "no" indian innovations ?
no i would never make such a mistake

it's your statement and thus you have actually labelled yourself ! :rofl:

as for the economy - sure it counts but in concert with other elements
to name the economy alone surely is being simplistic :toilet:

Last edited:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Nooo..nooooo!!! According to P0rkis...
If you paint it all green it becomes 'converted'. Then its halal.

PS:
Why cant I type "p o r k i s" its getting converted into "-----s" by the editor as I post it.
Man you are too good.

gaurav96

Maverick

so the above is a kind of reminder - if Indian universities don't produce innovators, we'll go to Israel for that !
actually its lack of will by the government.Education is expensive so you need to start earning almost immediately or simultaneously to repay the loans.R&D in India isn't high paying and ruined by bureaucratic hurdles at every step.Many foreign labs employ Indians too and high pay packets entice everybody.You cant expect a guy to struggle all his life ,get a degree and then work for peanuts.As far as universities are concerned,reservation on lines of caste instead of merit and lack of investment from Govt. has stalled any progress

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Sir i notice that in recent posts you have made quite a name for yourself on this forum

please look at your own inability to read - where did i say "no" indian innovations ?
no i would never make such a mistake

it's your statement and thus you have actually labelled yourself ! :rofl:
So when you wrote this statement, you meant to say that Innovations from Indians students from top class indian universities are abundant, in that statement huh?:frusty:

as for the economy - sure it counts but in concert with other elements
to name the economy alone surely is being simplistic :toilet:
It might also be due to some dumbshits leaving us to work in EU, like the ones asking for where the innovations in India are :troll:

PS: If any of you technical "geniuses" can point to problems other than economy in India for holding back innovations, I would be very happy to listen.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
actually its lack of will by the government
Yeah, the govt which is funding two 5th gen fighter program simultaneously, which has funded Mars Mission, Moon mission etc has no will for innovation:rolleyes:. Govt lacks the funds. core problem- our economy sucks
.Education is expensive so you need to start earning almost immediately or simultaneously to repay the loans.
Again- core reason, economy sucks
R&D in India isn't high paying and ruined by bureaucratic hurdles at every step.
Again, another problem of economy being planned and not free market and frankly economy of India sucks atm
Many foreign labs employ Indians too and high pay packets entice everybody.You cant expect a guy to struggle all his life ,get a degree and then work for peanuts.
Again, it basically boils down to economics.
As far as universities are concerned,reservation on lines of caste instead of merit and lack of investment from Govt. has stalled any progress
What a retarded argument! Tamil Nadu, the state with the highest reservation in India is also one of the most developed in India. Why reservations have not stalled the progress in Tamil nadu compared to rest of the "meritorious" states? Has West Bengal done any better than TN, since it has so much meritorious bureaucracy?

prohumanity

Country flag
Israel needs India more than ever now....WHY? So that it can defend itself from 1.2 billion Muslim enemies . Only 7 million Israelis can not fight 1.2 billion Muslims...they would love to use 1.2 billion Indians to do it for them....Indians need to be extremely cautious not to allow the enmity to be transferred to them. "The masters of the Universe" can USE anyone to perpetuate their declining hegemony. India must keep its policy of strategy of autonomy and independence with friendly relations with all nations of the World including Muslim nations.
Mutual respect and peaceful coexistence with all nations of the World should continue to remain India's GUIDING PRINCIPLE.

gaurav96

Maverick
Yeah, the govt which is funding two 5th gen fighter program simultaneously, which has funded Mars Mission, Moon mission etc has no will for innovation:rolleyes:. Govt lacks the funds. core problem- our economy sucks

Again- core reason, economy sucks

Again, another problem of economy being planned and not free market and frankly economy of India sucks atm

Again, it basically boils down to economics.

What a retarded argument! Tamil Nadu, the state with the highest reservation in India is also one of the most developed in India. Why reservations have not stalled the progress in Tamil nadu compared to rest of the "meritorious" states? Has West Bengal done any better than TN, since it has so much meritorious bureaucracy?
you are blaming economy for all the ills in our country.We are one of the few countries in the world who can afford a Rafale and you say we have a shitty economy? We can do a lot better with the economy we have.And what deflates your argument is the % of GDP we spend on R&D. China spends 1.97% whereas we only spend 0.9%.If its not lack of will then what is? And where did I say WB is better than TN ? And if TN is successful doesn't imply that rest of states can progress too.Reservation is flawed and my POV is shared by most.And if reservation isn't ruining the universities, wonder why educationists and scientists are claiming the quality of IITs are decreasing with time?

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Defense minister to pay first state visit to India

Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon is reportedly slated to visit India on February 17 in the first state visit by an Israeli defense minister, as the countries seek to foster deeper security ties.

Ya'alon is expected to hold a number of high-level meetings with Indian officials and visit a large arms factory in the southern Indian city of Bangalore, Ynet reported.

News of the visit comes amid reports of renewed free trade agreement talks between Jerusalem and New Delhi, and overall closer ties between the Jewish state and the Asian giant. An Israeli government delegation headed by Economy Ministry director Amit Lang will visit India a week before Ya'alon on February 9 to discuss economic ties, the Times of India reported earlier this week.

In October, India reportedly agreed to a $525 million deal to buy Israel's guided Spike missiles, which were widely used during last summer's Operation Protective Edge.

According to Ynet, Israel regards Ya'alon's visit as a groundbreaking moment in the security relationship between the two states and have accorded it great significance.

Ya'alon's trip to India will not only strengthen ties, but will likely result in arms deals worth billions of dollars, the news site reported.

In November, Indian Home Minister Rajnath Singh visited Israel, in the highest-level official trip ever for Delhi.

"Israel and India are at the cusp of a new era of increased cooperation in a wide variety of fields," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said while meeting Singh on November 6.

In September, Netanyahu met Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New York on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly to discuss nuclear developments in Iran and expanding bilateral ties between Jerusalem and Delhi.

The meeting was the first between the Israeli and Indian premiers in over a decade, according to the Israeli Prime Minister's Office.

Defense minister to pay first state visit to India | The Times of Israel

Global Defence

New threads

Articles