Indo-Israel a mutually beneficial relationship

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
roma ji no one is claiming that they are treated badly....we are discussing political responses.....All indians are poor uneducated and backwards except my one friend :lol:
We can't seem to understand the European hostility (in the political sphere) to a people , largely minding their own business half way around the world.
we must be in parallel universes !

politically the europeans , usa, israel - they love india

system to system there is no hatred whatsoever, quite the opposite

it is only on individual basis - and that's where i mentioned my perception of how they classify us

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!

it is only on individual basis - and that's where i mentioned my perception of how they classify us
they love us as long as we vote in their "approved" govt. like AAP/Congtards. Vote in a conservative govt. and look at what happens :lol:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

I know individuals who have travelled to India have some bad memories. Either they fall in love with it or hate it. Many hate it due to public amenities.

And then kicks in their deep-seated bias which they normally hide due to political correctness.

aliyah

the problem is till now that we fail to project india, what we have ,what we r ,what we can

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
The French got their fair share of immigrants from their former African colonies. However, they do not seem to have much of a problem from that demographic.
Most of them live in ghettos and have bad lives. It is the strong social security and strong state which keeps the nuisance makers behind bars. But in general it is working ok.

aliyah

I know individuals who have travelled to India have some bad memories. Either they fall in love with it or hate it. Many hate it due to public amenities.

And then kicks in their deep-seated bias which they normally hide due to political correctness.
look if they want a weekend travel then plz go to some South east Asian countries.
if they have lil longer holidays go to Europe.
but if they have a 3 months atlest + travel plan then come to india . start ur journey from delhi then west then south then east and finish it in Varanasi...... that will be the life changing experience they will ever forgot and will fall in love with india......
india is not at all suitable for Short or weekend travelers they will find a big mess here and their fuse may blow off :)

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
look if they want a weekend travel then plz go to some South east Asian countries.
if they have lil longer holidays go to Europe.
but if they have a 3 months atlest + travel plan then come to india . start ur journey from delhi then west then south then east and finish it in Varanasi...... that will be the life changing experience they will ever forgot and will fall in love with india......
india is not at all suitable for Short or weekend travelers they will find a big mess here and their fuse may blow off :)
The problem is not the length or duration of travel. Problem is constant haggling for basic services and fear of being duped when every taxi want to charge you more just because you are a foreigner and you can afford it. Coming from a rule based single price society, it is a shock to bargain over simple services.

Btw, most people who come to India are piss poor and want to travel cheap. When they are duped they take back bad memories. I do not think people who come with planned itinerary face so much problem. Anyway!

aliyah

The problem is not the length or duration of travel. Problem is constant haggling for basic services and fear of being duped when every taxi want to charge you more just because you are a foreigner and you can afford it. Coming from a rule based single price society, it is a shock to bargain over simple services.

Btw, most people who come to India are piss poor and want to travel cheap. When they are duped they take back bad memories. I do not think people who come with planned itinerary face so much problem. Anyway!
thats y said it will be life changing experience for them and 3 month + they will also learn to bargain :)
for short term travelers its all big mess

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
it's hard to get a meaningful discussion out of this .........first it started as "some people hate indians" , then when i proved it is up to us, it morphed into a political hatred, and when i said politically they love us , then the discussion morphed into "piss poor travellers" and bad vacation planning

really im thinking aloud that perhaps the way this discussion has passed the buck around , instead of all of us accepting collective responsibility , ....is that the same way issue are faced in india ? by those who are supposed to be responsible instead of accepting - instead they morph the matter and pass it around ? ( just like what they are doing with the floods in Mumbai ? )

hmmmm interesting ! ....conclusion :- is that india will improve but at snails pace in many matters - especially where collective responsibility is involved ......bcos everyone will pass the buck around

a few organisations like isro , where there are responsible folks and the responsibilities are readily identified to each person - these will do well but if not easily identifiable, like cleanliness of streets, those will take decades, if ever to get clean

moral of the story - get used to the level of "cleanliness " or migrate , as thousands already have !

really , no anger or hatred, just learning a lesson - for myself .

ref: @LETHALFORCE @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Rowdy @aliyah
@pmaitra @Kunal Biswas @Srinivas_K @cobra commando

Last edited:

pmaitra

I think @roma made some valid points. We Indians need to accept that part of the blame lies with us. There is no debate when it comes to cleanliness, law and order, and general public discipline.

Love for the country can be manifest in various ways. If we really love our country, we will make sure we will toss the candy wrapper inside a garbage bin, and not on the footpath.

We don't have to accept regressive things from the west, but we should be willing to change ourselves for the better when there is criticism from abroad that has merit.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
it's hard to get a meaningful discussion out of this .........first it started as "some people hate indians" , then when i proved it is up to us, it morphed into a political hatred, and when i said politically they love us , then the discussion morphed into "piss poor travellers" and bad vacation planning

really im thinking aloud that perhaps the way this discussion has passed the buck around , instead of all of us accepting collective responsibility , ....is that the same way issue are faced in india ? by those who are supposed to be responsible instead of accepting - instead they morph the matter and pass it around ? ( just like what they are doing with the floods in Mumbai ? )

hmmmm interesting ! ....conclusion :- is that india will improve but at snails pace in many matters - especially where collective responsibility is involved ......bcos everyone will pass the buck around

a few organisations like isro , where there are responsible folks and the responsibilities are readily identified to each person - these will do well but if not easily identifiable, like cleanliness of streets, those will take decades, if ever to get clean

moral of the story - get used to the level of "cleanliness " or migrate , as thousands already have !

really , no anger or hatred, just learning a lesson - for myself .

ref: @LETHALFORCE @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Rowdy @aliyah
@pmaitra @Kunal Biswas @Srinivas_K @cobra commando
I do not think people here were trying to pass the buck around. We all know India needs to do a lot to attract tourism and cleanliness and rule of law is top priority for achieving that goal.

Now coming to the discussion. One, it did not start out as "some people hate Indians" because some countries were on top of the list for hating Indians and had significantly high percentage of people hating India. Germany being one of them started the discussion. Two, you made a statement but that does not prove that it is all responsibility of Indians. For some matters, yes Indians needs to change the perception, but what about deep seated bias. I do not know how things get reported in German newspapers but if they are similar to what BBC or "the economist" peddles, I would not be surprised that biases just get amplified.

The "piss poor travellers" was a different discussion. You should go through the thread to know how it forked.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I do not think people here were trying to pass the buck around. We all know India needs to do a lot to attract tourism and cleanliness and rule of law is top priority for achieving that goal.

Now coming to the discussion. One, it did not start out as "some people hate Indians" because some countries were on top of the list for hating Indians and had significantly high percentage of people hating India. Germany being one of them started the discussion. Two, you made a statement but that does not prove that it is all responsibility of Indians. For some matters, yes Indians needs to change the perception, but what about deep seated bias. I do not know how things get reported in German newspapers but if they are similar to what BBC or "the economist" peddles, I would not be surprised that biases just get amplified.

The "piss poor travellers" was a different discussion. You should go through the thread to know how it forked.
Go to the website of the Frankfurter Allgemine Zeitung and type in Indien or Modi and see for yourself.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Do they also write "hindu right" leader who led a massacre?
Yeah you goota read it every day ... in the archieve it's paid ... here is it's ideological sister paper die Welt.
Yoga day at die Welt :lol:
Christen und Muslime bemängeln weltweiten Yoga-Tag
Premierminister Modis hindu-nationalistische Bharatiya-Janata-Partei (BJP) und ihr nahestehende Organisationen nannten den Yoga-Tag einen Verweis auf das reiche kulturgeschichtliche Erbe Indiens.
and :
Muslime vermuten Missionierungsversuch
Die Kirche sei nicht gegen Yoga, aber die christlichen Gottesdienste dürften darunter nicht leiden, teilte der Vorsitzende der Bischofskonferenz, Kardinal Baselios Cleemis, vergangene Woche mit. "Sonntage sind heilige Tage für Christen. Solche Aktionen an Sonntagen schaffen Konflikte mit unserem Glauben", so der Kardinal.
Do note people here understand nationalism = Nazis :lol:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Go to the website of the Frankfurter Allgemine Zeitung and type in Indien or Modi and see for yourself.
it would be great if from time to time you could quote us articles from German or other sources that have undue hatred for our nation , people or culture .....we would like to know and be aware especially as many of us do not understand and therefore do not have access to info in the german language.

well yes, the thread has forked somewhat forked from its original title and i was hoping we would not get pulled up for that because it is a v interesting discussion albeit more appropriately under a better thread heading .

once again, no offence to you or indeed anyone else on this forum and actually @pmaitra below has summed it up perfectly as to my actual intentions

I think @roma made some valid points. We Indians need to accept that part of the blame lies with us. There is no debate when it comes to cleanliness, law and order, and general public discipline.

Love for the country can be manifest in various ways. If we really love our country, we will make sure we will toss the candy wrapper inside a garbage bin, and not on the footpath.

We don't have to accept regressive things from the west, but we should be willing to change ourselves for the better when there is criticism from abroad that has merit.
yes . Sir you have summed up more accurately my actual intentions

we have to change in certain ways and then if or when unfair hatred might be directed towards, us we can counter and eradicate that more easily

ref,- @Srinivas_K @LETHALFORCE @Kunal Biswas @brational

pmaitra

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad and @roma, I agree that we have deviated from the main topic. Please recommend a suitable thread title so that we can continue this interesting discussion.

aliyah

what i didn't like is Israel stopping our Presidents gift to Palestine. what ever may be the reason but if our president wants to give some gift to anyone n stopping our president from doing so is an insult not only to president but also to people of india

Global Defence

New threads

Articles