India's Nuclear Doctrine

Should India have tested a Megaton warhead during Pokran?

• Total voters

KS

Bye bye DFI
And what scientific proof are you talking about? Your only ability in a debate is making stories and claiming victory when you opponents jaw drops at you stupidity.
Just go through post # 339 [comparing the blast effects of Little boy (12.5 KT) and a 1 MT nuke, whereby it is found that the 1 MT nuke caused only 6 times as much as destruction as a 1 MT nuke even though its yield is 60 times as powerful] and post 329 where I have quoted from a scientific article detailing how multiple warheads of low yield can cause more damage than a single warhead of higher yield due the interference of shock waves and multiple POE.

Also Daredevil's post 331 details the destructive power of 150-300KT nukes.

Yes. Ignorance is indeed blissful. Happy trolling.
Try refuting my point by quoting any scientific study, website. Facts matter, not opinions.

China's 30 odd megaton warheads in Tibet pointed at us is Cold war relic, sure.
Useless white elephants. Even lower yield warheads MIRVed can cause more destruction than them while making effective usage of fissile material.

And once again, we dont have demonstrated capability of 200KT warheads. Ejaculation while wanking off does not imply fertility.
Now give me one good reason why I should believe a whacko over a former Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission ?!

Anil Kakodkar: Yes. I told you we have the possibility of a deterrence of low kilotonne to 200 kilotonnes
India has thermonuclear bombs: Kakodkar - India News - IBNLive

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I agree. There is no place in India to test megaton nukes.Unlike the other big powers who either have huge uninhabited areas remote from human settlements like (China,USSR) or have overseas territories where they were tested (US,France & UK) , India has neither.
Then let India test it there ! After all Pakistan tested its design in China and China tested in Chagai ! USA will provided her testing sites or why test if can provide advanced designs !

Country flag
Then let India test it there ! After all Pakistan tested its design in China and China tested in Chagai ! USA will provided her testing sites or why test if can provide advanced designs !
Israel would be a better testing partner

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We may also be testing on supercomputers?
Possible. The low yield tests in 98 was to collect data.

India also tested those with reactor grade plutonium and uranium to see if our abundant reactor grade fissile material can be weaponised.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The difference is the doctrine and understanding each others doctrines both nuclear as well as general war.

Indian war doctrine as envisaged by Gen Sundarji called for massive thrusts and cutting Pakis into half and the nuclear doctrine was second strike no first use.

Pakistan understood our doctrine and therefore prepared its own nuclear doctrine which put very low threshold to counter pur massive thrust and breakup doctrine.

So I Kargil India decided not to go in for either crossing the LoC or opening new fronts along the IB. Op Vijay at the end of the day was fought on Indian side so there is no question of us getting deterred into operating on our own soil. But we were deterred from crossin over.

Op Parakram I feel was a blessing in disguise as it forced our armed forces to counter their doctrine as well as our political class. Cold Start has given them sleepless nights so much so that they have started thinking on the lines of tactical nukes. Even that joker Zaid Hamid loses his sense of humor when he talks about Cold Start :rofl:
I agree.
My point was that Pakistan's Nuclear capabilities will not deter India from crossing the border as and when required and secondly, that India still has to be fully prepared for executing Sundarji doctrine in the revises format by initiation of Cold start .

Unfortunately, the advantages of initiating a nuclear war on India from Pakistani side has passed on to the Chinese with their presence in Gilgit and their tunnels and presence along Karakoram highway. They would reach India even with short range missiles giving India very less warning time.

India would have to take on lease something in South China Sea to counter this. The distances between China and India are decreasing day by day.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I agree.
My point was that Pakistan's Nuclear capabilities will not deter India from crossing the border as and when required and secondly, that India still has to be fully prepared for executing Sundarji doctrine in the revises format by initiation of Cold start .

Unfortunately, the advantages of initiating a nuclear war on India from Pakistani side has passed on to the Chinese with their presence in Gilgit and their tunnels and presence along Karakoram highway. They would reach India even with short range missiles giving India very less warning time.

India would have to take on lease something in South China Sea to counter this. The distances between China and India are decreasing day by day.
I don't think so. India has only now post Op Parakram devised ways to fight a war with a nuclear backdrop. I don't think it was possible earlier. Cold star and Sundarjis are at opposite ends. Cold Start allows is to fight despite the low threshold of Pak Doctrine. Sundarjis call for breaking Pak into two during a war is not on. Breaking up of Pakistan has to be achieved by other means.

The presence of Chinis in Kashmir makes no difference in terms of reaction time. More than anything else, the confirmed Chini presence in GB will make Chinis vulnerable to Indian attack on mainland and te Chinis will become the restraining factor against any Pak idea of going nuclear against India. India has to be explicit that China will be made party to any rash move by Pak.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I don't think so. India has only now post Op Parakram devised ways to fight a war with a nuclear backdrop.
who says so. There is nothing official on it. Who says India has abandoned earlier doctrines?

I don't think it was possible earlier
It was always possible but was not doctrined due to many factors mainly being to decimate the Pakistni combat power firstly inside own territory and then to go inside Pakistan.

[qoute] Cold star and Sundarjis are at opposite ends [/quote]

No. Sundarjee doctrine was to amass forces near the border in seizable amount and then launch coordinated Corps size forces. Cold starts doctrine as it appeared in press says launching of small groups one after another as they keep arriving in battle. Cumulatively same amount of forces will be launched for destruction of Pakistani military power. Or achieve political aims. India has nor disbanded their Corps.
Cold Start allows is to fight despite the low threshold of Pak Doctrine. Sundarjis call for breaking Pak into two during a war is not on. Breaking up of Pakistan has to be achieved by other means.
Plans to breakup Pakistan by any means has to have a military backup.

The presence of Chinis in Kashmir makes no difference in terms of reaction time. More than anything else, the confirmed Chini presence in GB will make Chinis vulnerable to Indian attack on mainland and te Chinis will become the restraining factor against any Pak idea of going nuclear against India. India has to be explicit that China will be made party to any rash move by Pak.
Chinese presence on POK will be inhibiting factor for India rather than Pakistan.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Paki doctrine clearly says they will go nuke during a war if they lose considerable portion of their land or it's territorial integrity is at risk. Sundarjis doctrine calls for both.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
ofcourse this does not give us exact result to come to definite conclusion, as the nuke design is different, material and explosion depth must be different but it gives a fair good idea as to what has taken place in the area.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it is quite strange that USA result is 20 to 150 KT and they have not given exact result. Which goes on to show that our result of 40 KT is correct IMHO.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Paki doctrine clearly says they will go nuke during a war if they lose considerable portion of their land or it's territorial integrity is at risk. Sundarjis doctrine calls for both.
Yusuf.

these are only conjures.
Unless India Pakies have no declared Nuclear warfare doctrine. Their doctrine is Nuclear ambiguity.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
ofcourse this does not give us exact result to come to definite conclusion, as the nuke design is different, material and explosion depth must be different but it gives a fair good idea as to what has taken place in the area.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it is quite strange that USA result is 20 to 150 KT and they have not given exact result. Which goes on to show that our result of 40 KT is correct IMHO.
Tell us more what happned there: Kim kurwant Sanjayah ....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf.

these are only conjures.
Unless India Pakies have no declared Nuclear warfare doctrine. Their doctrine is Nuclear ambiguity.
Its the ambiguity that adds to the deterrence value. Nobody is sure so be safe

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Even if we have 1000MT warhead no one will respect us if we are not bold enough to engage even in our core interests in the international arena..... We cant protect our fisher men form Lankans, who have nothing.... We still have nuke power while they still capture/shoot our fishermen(TN is in India last time i checked)..... What has stopped them really....????

If we want respect we should demand one...... What did we do when porks did 26/11 in Mumbai.... Even if we had 1000MT warhead, could we have done something about that....???? Or do you think our respect rose because of our inaction(or should i say lack of balls)....

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Mad Indian it is not about small or minor incidents it is about threat to our populations centers and military locations. For the threats you mentions regular force is enough.

Aayush

How fast and massive will be india's reaction to a paki nuke?
And i heard sometime ago that india's nuke doctrine has shifted from NFU to NFU against non-nuclear states.is it true ?
:0 :eek:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles