India's Moon Exploration Program

knathan

Country flag
Sir's
Any idea about remaining propellant of LM?
i just wants a cinematic end...!!
On the final hours of fourteenth day a frog jump by LM into a nearest crater inside with full battery charge and direct coms with CY2, we may get what holding inside without sunlight for billions of year and cryo state.

Ok guys ur thoughts
i wanted the above, isro done 10% of work what i thought.
Came to know that vikram has 145 kg fuel remaining. Last hop may be used about 10kg.
So next wake up i hope isro will do crater experiment.
Guys ur thoughts pls...

Cheran

Country flag
i wanted the above, isro done 10% of work what i thought.
Came to know that vikram has 145 kg fuel remaining. Last hop may be used about 10kg.
So next wake up i hope isro will do crater experiment.
Guys ur thoughts pls...
If by crater experiment you mean the Lander moving up vertically, then going horizontally on top of crater & then vertically coming down into it, then chances are very less. This has not been programmed for such type of activity. Even if Lander is placed in bottom of crater, communication would be very difficult, unless the orbiter is directly above (???) though i am not sure....

knathan

Country flag
If by crater experiment you mean the Lander moving up vertically, then going horizontally on top of crater & then vertically coming down into it, then chances are very less. This has not been programmed for such type of activity. Even if Lander is placed in bottom of crater, communication would be very difficult, unless the orbiter is directly above (???) though i am not sure....
Sir
We can map 3d images + can find the depth of crater. Communication maybe difficult but making cy2 elliptical can make somewhat easy.
Vikram is our horse it will do as what we say hop hover up and down until fuel become zero.
A calculated risk can change future mission aim's.

The Juggernaut

Country flag
We are on the pole, if we went inside the crater we will lose the communication with lander.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Sir
We can map 3d images + can find the depth of crater. Communication maybe difficult but making cy2 elliptical can make somewhat easy.
Vikram is our horse it will do as what we say hop hover up and down until fuel become zero.
A calculated risk can change future mission aim's.
Next orbitor should have a SAR to map the craters, it's the crater which holds the goldmine

We are on the pole, if we went inside the crater we will lose the communication with lander.
Can be made possible with a orbitor relay

The Chinese have a similar system to communicate with its probe in the far side

knathan

Country flag
What is this experiment ??
Sir
What all the experiments done by lander on lunar surface, the same has to done inside crater ( i don't mean crater is like cave or rat hole. Just. 1 or 2 meter depth crater but has to be sunlight never reached the bottom of the crater ) by guiding lander ( by hopping or hovering ).
Simply crater experiment !!!

Varoon2

Country flag
Vikram landed about 600 km from the actual south Pole, well within the south pole region. At what distance would a landing be outside that region!?

omaebakabaka

Not distance but outside of certain lattitude. For eg. Earth's polar regions start from 66.33Β° S and N.

CY3 landed at 69.36Β°S lattitude.
That is within polar circle of moon I believe ....with a bit of spherical geometery one can fig it out approximately and with known parameters like radius of moon and so on, you can estimate even easily without any geometry understanding.

Vamsi

Country flag
Key points to be noted
* (@24:25) Proposal of Chandrayaan-1 in lunar polar orbit was not taken seriously by international community.

* (@27:20) Concept of having only one model (flight) for Chandrayaan-1 surprised collaborators, but it worked. And it worked again for MOM which used Chandrayaan-2 spare hardware.

* (@30:00) Floated idea for International Lunar Space Station (on surface) six years back at UN COPUOS. (Quipped that this was taken seriously)

* (@32:50) For CY1 the MIP payload choice was questioned, but due to multiple payloads were able to better consolidate results and confirm presence of water.

* (@1:07:21) On MOM1 follow up he says there is conflict between MOM2(orbiter) and MLM(lander).

* (@1:11:12) On CY1 collaboration. "Nobody gives anything but everyone takes everything. You may laugh you may smile but really happened."

* (@1:16:45) Refers to something huge, complicated and expensive ISRO is working on and expresses his apprehensions about it.

* (@1:17:54) Some nice anecdotes about his and Chandrayaan Project Director P Veerumuthuvel career trajectory and how ISRO leadership hones human resources.

* (@1:23:30) "Why are most scientists from South India?" 🧐

Varoon2

Country flag
[QUOTE="Vamsi, post:

* (@32:50) For CY1 the MIP payload choice was questioned, but due to multiple payloads were able to better consolidate results and confirm presence of water
[/QUOTE]

When the Moon Impact Probe( MIP) struck the Shackleton crater in Nov/2008, that was a first, and it was practically right at the South pole. No one had hard landed there before.

Vamsi

Country flag
[QUOTE="Vamsi, post:

* (@32:50) For CY1 the MIP payload choice was questioned, but due to multiple payloads were able to better consolidate results and confirm presence of water
When the Moon Impact Probe( MIP) struck the Shackleton crater in Nov/2008, that was a first, and it was practically right at the South pole. No one had hard landed there before.
[/QUOTE]
It's exactly at the south pole & we are the first

Varoon2

Country flag
Another tidbit about Chandrayaan-1, it was the 68th mission to the moon( at the time), and it was the most heavily instrumented satellite or probe, that anyone had sent. With 11 instruments, 5 Indian, 6 non-Indian, it really had the character of a science mission.

Vamsi

Country flag

Global Defence

Articles