India's Moon Exploration Program

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
Please explain to me, why are they saying that the temperature is extremely low ? The rover is on the surface level and at that level the temperature is between 40°c and 50°c. That's not low. What am I missing ? Sorry for the dumb dumb question. If no dumb is willing to ask that dumb question every dumb will remain dumb ;-)
"NO question is dumb a question" as said by my coach

At the lunar South Pole, the Sun hovers below or just above the horizon, creating temperatures upwards of 130°F (54°C) during sunlit periods. Even during these periods of illumination, soaring mountains cast dark shadows and deep craters protect perpetual darkness in their abysses. Some of these craters are home to permanently shadowed regions that haven’t seen sunlight in billions of years and experience temperatures as low as -334°F (-203°C).

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/moons-south-pole-is-full-of-mystery-science-intrigue

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
Guys, I dont know how to multiquote, proving my dumbness ;-)
I got it now, thank you all three or four of you 👍 who took time to explain it. Once the lunar day is over it will froze even at the surface level. Quiet simple and I get it :). Of course after the day, the night shall come, that's so elementeray ;-)

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Guys, I dont know how to multiquote, proving my dumbness ;-)
I got it now, thank you all three or four of you 👍 who took time to explain it. Once the lunar day is over it will froze even at the surface level. Quiet simple and I get it :). Of course after the day, the night shall come, that's so elementeray ;-)
no dumbness

there's a literal place on the moon now named after your DFI ID, be piroud

Hari Sud

Country flag
Why did the Brits reacted so unpleasantly to India’s Moon Landing?

In their heads, they just cannot get colonialism out! They still think that India is at the same level as they left it in 1947. It was India’s independence which ended the British empire. They just cannot get out of that feelings.

Much of India coverage in the British media about India is negative. They prefer to headline slums and non existent hunger. There are hungry people in Britain too. A headline photo was flashed today about anger against Adani remodelling the Mumbai slums in Reuter. The Congress Party does not like Adani rise hence they were demonstrating against it. What the Reuter forgot to cover is that something is being done to remove the slum which the British created for their own benefit.

Moon Landing and India bypassing Britain in GDP has not sitting well with them. On top of that a politician is asking for 1.7 billion Euros back which is aid given to india, forgetting that they stole $45 Trillion from India during their Raj. Moreover that €1.7 billion is half returned back to Britain as equipment and machinery has to be purchased in Britain.

That great feet of Moon landing and bypassing them in GDP is India’s feet which they prevented for 200 years while in India from 1757 till 1947.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ummm.... Moon temp is 50 degrees only

Temp at 8cm under moon surface is -10 degrees

See carefully

I have conducted my self very ignominiously in my earlier post about journalists and their inability in comprehending mathematical data and I have indeed shown complete ignorance for the basic decorum and decency expected of a man talking about another man, profession bar none! which is indeed wholly and completely shameful on my part and thus i duly and very sincerely apologize for the manner in which I have conducted myself here .
@Tactical Doge ( he is a hund , he bites )
@FalconSlayers punditjee ( cashmere )
@here2where ( an upright man from Kerala )
@JackBauer

Last edited:

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
no dumbness

there's a literal place on the moon now named after your DFI ID, be piroud
Thank you for noticing that, I didnt want to brag about it :)
I shall give credit to whom it's due, my favorit indofusion group Shakti with a special dedicace for the late U. Srinivas (mandolin), a real genius, he wa so amazing that I understand that God wanted him near HIM at the earliest.
The sad part of that story is that I met everyone on the stage even the father of Selvaganesh, Viku Vinayakaram, and Zakir's brother, but I never had a chance to meet in person Srinivas and talk with him :crying:
Check this genius, this concert was one of his first appearance in France (I knew him as a Carnatic musician well before that) the whole public was WOUAW, who is this Angel ?
Check this
The whole process of moonig of Chandrayan 3 was like reaching the Nirvana 1 minute in advance at 3,5mm of the G spot. Pun intended.
Ok, I'm out, untill the next one ;-)

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Why did the Brits reacted so unpleasantly to India’s Moon Landing?

In their heads, they just cannot get colonialism out! They still think that India is at the same level as they left it in 1947. It was India’s independence which ended the British empire. They just cannot get out of that feelings.

Much of India coverage in the British media about India is negative. They prefer to headline slums and non existent hunger. There are hungry people in Britain too. A headline photo was flashed today about anger against Adani remodelling the Mumbai slums in Reuter. The Congress Party does not like Adani rise hence they were demonstrating against it. What the Reuter forgot to cover is that something is being done to remove the slum which the British created for their own benefit.

Moon Landing and India bypassing Britain in GDP has not sitting well with them. On top of that a politician is asking for 1.7 billion Euros back which is aid given to india, forgetting that they stole $45 Trillion from India during their Raj. Moreover that €1.7 billion is half returned back to Britain as equipment and machinery has to be purchased in Britain.

That great feet of Moon landing and bypassing them in GDP is India’s feet which they prevented for 200 years while in India from 1757 till 1947.
As told before, British comments are an off topic thing. Kindly keep thread technical and put foreign commentary on India on dedicated thread.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Thank you for noticing that, I didnt want to brag about it :)
I shall give credit to whom it's due, my favorit indofusion group Shakti with a special dedicace for the late U. Srinivas (mandolin), a real genius, he wa so amazing that I understand that God wanted him near HIM at the earliest.
The sad part of that story is that I met everyone on the stage even the father of Selvaganesh, Viku Vinayakaram, and Zakir's brother, but I never had a chance to meet in person Srinivas and talk with him :crying:
Check this genius, this concert was one of his first appearance in France (I knew him as a Carnatic musician well before that) the whole public was WOUAW, who is this Angel ?
Check this
The whole process of moonig of Chandrayan 3 was like reaching the Nirvana 1 minute in advance at 3,5mm of the G spot. Pun intended.
Ok, I'm out, untill the next one ;-)
Good bye sir ,hope we see you again in a few months .

karn

Country flag
I find is mind boggling that there is such a massive temperature variation in such a small distance. Imagine holding a pencil .The top of it is murky hot and bottom of it being freezing cold.

View attachment 220171
Very promising for the application of buried conductors coupled with heat pumps. It will help any permanent station to regulate its temperature including keeping stored hydrogen and oxygen liquid.

Vamsi

Country flag
I find is mind boggling that there is such a massive temperature variation in such a small distance. Imagine holding a pencil .The top of it is murky hot and bottom of it being freezing cold.

View attachment 220171
It will be easy to liquify hydrogen after separating it from water ....Will be very useful for future self sustaining bases on the moon

Global Defence

Articles