India's Moon Exploration Program

karn

Country flag
Is it only to me or for everyone else, it really looks like mud
If true this is fantastic for manned outpost . As that fine moon dust is sharpedged unlike on earth where fine particles are a result of erosion and hence rounder . This dust makes equipment fail very fast .. like the nasa spacesuits could only last a few days in the environment. If CH3 found a place with less of this dust it's an ideal location for a base.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Yesterday there was this news bulletin running on a Hindi news channel , where the first news was " chandrama ka tapman 50 degree " or the moons temperature recorded is 50 degrees.
While the channel showed the bloody graph released by isro .
Well ofcourse the temperature of moon was -50 degree Celsius, I guess .
But see there is a difference between 50 degree Celsius and -50 degree Celsius .
My cousin once told me " news Wale agar itne hoshiyaar hote to kya journalist bante ".
Or if these news people were smart , would they have become a journalist?
He was right.
Ummm.... Moon temp is 50 degrees only

Temp at 8cm under moon surface is -10 degrees

See carefully

here2where

This dude Shanmuga Sundaram found Chandrayaan 2’s lander debris back in 2019.

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
What is sleeping circuit ?
"He said that the rover ‘Pragyan’ has been fitted with a sleeping circuit that will allow it to ‘sleep’ once the sunlight fades after 14 days on the lunar surface. “We will start a computer program and bring the rover into a sleeping mode, just like a computer. When the sunlight hits again after 14 days, it will get heated up and activate the computer program on its own to start working. If it works again, we are lucky as we will get 14 more days. There are risks involved as the temperature on the moon is extremely low."

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...ys-no-controversy-needed-101693163494049.html

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
"If it works again, we are lucky as we will get 14 more days. There are risks involved as the temperature on the moon is extremely low."

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...ys-no-controversy-needed-101693163494049.html
Please explain to me, why are they saying that the temperature is extremely low ? The rover is on the surface level and at that level the temperature is between 40°c and 50°c. That's not low. What am I missing ? Sorry for the dumb dumb question. If no dumb is willing to ask that dumb question every dumb will remain dumb ;-)

karn

Country flag
Please explain to me, why are they saying that the temperature is extremely low ? The rover is on the surface level and at that level the temperature is between 40°c and 50°c. That's not low. What am I missing ? Sorry for the dumb dumb question. If no dumb is willing to ask that dumb question every dumb will remain dumb ;-)
The lunar night is very cold .right now the sun is up

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles