India's Current & Future UAVs & UCAVs

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Quite similiar to this, the specified altitude of Rotax 912 is 25k ft. But that same Rotax 912 powered General Atomics ALTUS holds an altitude record of approximately 65k feet
No doubt it can go higher the problem os there claim of 35k feet plus 35 hrs at the same time they can reach such altitudes no problem but there endurance is decreased im sure tapas will have no problem just climbing 2k more feet but the endurance will go down alot with that

vishnugupt

Country flag
That’s how Chandigarh or Defence lobbies work.

Once you you’ve brought weapons they will implant news in Media and give false sense of preparedness. Like this article.

Common people will think our preparedness has increased many fold by buying 4 foreign weapons but in reality we are just another Armenia and Ukraine.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
No doubt it can go higher the problem os there claim of 35k feet plus 35 hrs at the same time they can reach such altitudes no problem but there endurance is decreased im sure tapas will have no problem just climbing 2k more feet but the endurance will go down alot with that
Search the specs of Elbit Hermes 900

Lonewarrior

Country flag
30k ceiling with 36 hrs of endurance Ritax 914 engine does it not have satcom or I missed it
Yup, we're discussing 35k-ft and 35hrs of Heron Mk-2 and Hermes 900 already claims 30k-ft and 36hr. Moreover Hermes uses 914, 115hp. Whereas Heron Mk-2's 916 clocks 160hp.

> Why is so much fuss going about Heron Mk-2's altitude and engine's altitude? When similiar feat is achieved by multiple platforms, then why?
> When we're all set to get Eitan (a proper armed UCAV with payload similar to a frickin advanced trainer) then out of nowhere how this arrived?
> If we really needed an attack drone then we already are getting those 31 Reapers.
> There's absolutely no mention of Heron Mk-2 being an UCAV
> Let's assume we don't want attack, just ISR. Then we already have Herons with similar altitude and even longer endurance.

I've so many questions going on after you pointed out it's vanilla Mk-2 not Eitan...but sadly you can't ask question. A random a**hole will come and start ranting no Tapas, only import, Western bootlicker

Bada kasht hai jeevan me Noob...

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Yup, we're discussing 35k-ft and 35hrs of Heron Mk-2 and Hermes 900 already claims 30k-ft and 36hr. Moreover Hermes uses 914, 115hp. Whereas Heron Mk-2's 916 clocks 160hp.

> Why is so much fuss going about Heron Mk-2's altitude and engine's altitude? When similiar feat is achieved by multiple platforms, then why?
> When we're all set to get Eitan (a proper armed UCAV with payload similar to a frickin advanced trainer) then out of nowhere how this arrived?
> If we really needed an attack drone then we already are getting those 31 Reapers.
> There's absolutely no mention of Heron Mk-2 being an UCAV
> Let's assume we don't want attack, just ISR. Then we already have Herons with similar altitude and even longer endurance.

I've so many questions going on after you pointed out it's vanilla Mk-2 not Eitan...but sadly you can't ask question. A random a**hole will come and start ranting no Tapas, only import, Western bootlicker

Bada kasht hai jeevan me Noob...
Aha well atleast arguing helps me gather more knowledge here but definitely if its not a ucav makes 0 sense to get mk2 better get heron tp but cost could be a problem I heard heron tp costs 8-10X more than mk2 so maybe that's the reason they went with mk2

Lonewarrior

Country flag

What drone is that
Looks too generic (no flaps, sharp edges) to be some actual drone, more like a CGI placeholder for an UAV that they plan to develop.

I maybe wrong too
Maybe it's based on some obscure UAV from a small European nation we never knew of...because together with this fixed wing UAV L&T had also unveiled a rotary wing UAV copied from CybAero APID One (Swedish)

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Looks too generic (no flaps, sharp edges) to be some actual drone, more like a CGI placeholder for an UAV that they plan to develop.

I maybe wrong too
Maybe it's based on some obscure UAV from a small European nation we never knew of...because together with this fixed wing UAV L&T had also unveiled a rotary wing UAV copied from CybAero APID One (Swedish)
They also announced they will do r&d on uavs in def expo right?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Yup
Moreover they also have JVs with my one heck of a dapper with all the rizz for some UAV. Basically NRT will do R&D and L&T would make them.
A bright future I see for L&T in defence hopefully they get more orders for K9 did L&T get some tachnology with K9 of they Just produce it

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
A bright future I see for L&T in defence hopefully they get more orders for K9 did L&T get some tachnology with K9 of they Just produce it
Yes L&T received a considerable amount of tech transfer from the South Korean firm which makes the K-9 howitzer. L&T had proposals to even export the K-9 to foreign nations in collaboration with SK. We received good amount of tech, I don't think complete tech transfer was done though. L&T is an emerging player in defence as far as pvt companies are concerned.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Yes L&T received a considerable amount of tech transfer from the South Korean firm which makes the K-9 howitzer. L&T had proposals to even export the K-9 to foreign nations in collaboration with SK. We received good amount of tech, I don't think complete tech transfer was done though. L&T is an emerging player in defence as far as pvt companies are concerned.
That's great news thanks hopefully next def expo we see some kind of drone tech they are working on or some hints when is the next def expo

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Not much.
K9 is perhaps the most successful SPH currently in market. If we consider the 1,000+ stockpile of K9 owned by South Korea itself, then more than half of all currently active 155mm are K9s. They are not giving up this opportunity so easily.

As of now only Turkey has proper ToT/re-export for K9 (T-115 to be precise) but that too only limited to MENA countries. Europe (Norway, Romania), Asia (India) and Australia are all managed directly by Hanwa

Hari Sud

Country flag
Tapas has crashed. One Tapas crashed a few years back. This is a setback to DRDO and the fabricators of the Tapas. India is back a few years. It is important to order a few more Israeli drones for MALE duty.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles