Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narendra s rawat

Country flag
Yesterday I got a chance to meet ghatak platoon member of garhwal rifle.
Asked him few questions

Q1 how equipped are Ghatak platoon in term of gear compared to other SF in indian armed forces?

Ans1 we are quite equipped in terms of gears as garhwal rifle are considered as frontline troops. We are provided with latest equipment and Ghatak members of some battalion are equipped more than some SF in indian armed forces.

Q2 what do you think about NSG , para SF ,Marcos,SG, garud and cobra?

Ans2 I don't have that much knowledge about
Marcos,SG and cobra. NSG after 2008 have improved quite a lot in equipment,weapons and training. Garud are newly formed SF so there role in IAF is still not clear but they have a strong backing and respect in IAF. Para SF are like honey badger,I have meet a member of 9th SF and he really stand apart from other SF in indian armed forces. There selection process was redesigned to cut some strength of overpopulated battalion but in the end expansion of battalion take place. As a organisation they are pretty messed up.

Q3 What are the problem in Para SF org ?

Ans3 In Ghatak we get strong backing and respect from our parental regiment we are the strongest wolf in our wolfpack we got equipped with best equipment, weapons in our
Regiment. To attain special status para SF need there own regiment they should be spreated from parachute or give all battalion SF tag and choose best from these regiment into one battalion.
It really frustrating to see best soldiers of indian armed forces are expected to sit quietly in the beach and act as peacekeepers when every member of para SF wants to feel the thrill they signed up.

Q4 What is opinion on Sig 716?

Ans4 I don't have much knowledge on them but I really want to try one of those in range.

Q5 Which weapon is your favourite in ghatak inventory?

Ans5 Tar 21 and MP9

Q6 What is one thing you want to see in
Indian army?

Ans6 Dedicated sniping culture and marksman culture, we don't have enough Sniper and marksman in indian army despite our large manpower. Marksman in ghatak team are still equipped with old dragnov while CRPF have PSG
as standard marksman rifle.

AZTEC

Country flag
Have to admit, I was every bit the jingo and optimist that most new members are back then
I despise the extremely narrow and pessimistic outlook of this thread. It's totally unwarranted, almost idiotic.

I will not name anyone but a few "senior" members think that just because they have had the time to have written 1000+ posts, they have achieved some kind of 'superiority' and have the right to describe new members as "jingos".

These members certainly have a sound knowledge about small-arms, but they appear to have a very sketchy understanding of history, economics and geopolitics.

These people will not even last one day in a good think tank if they were to join one.
In a nutshell, they are masters of one trade and jacks of none.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Yesterday I got a chance to meet ghatak platoon member of garhwal rifle.
Asked him few questions

Q1 how equipped are Ghatak platoon in term of gear compared to other SF in indian armed forces?

Ans1 we are quite equipped in terms of gears as garhwal rifle are considered as frontline troops. We are provided with latest equipment and Ghatak members of some battalion are equipped more than some SF in indian armed forces.

Q2 what do you think about NSG , para SF ,Marcos,SG, garud and cobra?

Ans2 I don't have that much knowledge about
Marcos,SG and cobra. NSG after 2008 have improved quite a lot in equipment,weapons and training. Garud are newly formed SF so there role in IAF is still not clear but they have a strong backing and respect in IAF. Para SF are like honey badger,I have meet a member of 9th SF and he really stand apart from other SF in indian armed forces. There selection process was redesigned to cut some strength of overpopulated battalion but in the end expansion of battalion take place. As a organisation they are pretty messed up.

Ans3 In Ghatak we get strong backing and respect from our parental regiment we are the strongest wolf in our wolfpack we got equipped with best equipment, weapons in our
Regiment. To attain special status para SF need there own regiment they should be spreated from parachute or give all battalion SF tag and choose best from these regiment into one battalion.
It really frustrating to see best soldiers of indian armed forces are expected to sit quietly in the beach and act as peacekeepers when every member of para SF wants to feel the thrill they signed up.

Q4 What is opinion on Sig 716?

Ans4 I don't have much knowledge on them but I really want to try one of those in range.

Q5 Which weapon is your favourite in ghatak inventory?

Ans5 Tar 21 and MP9

Indian army?

Ans6 Dedicated sniping culture and marksman culture, we don't have enough Sniper and marksman in indian army despite our large manpower. Marksman in ghatak team are still equipped with old dragnov while CRPF have PSG
Shrimaan , are you also in army ?
Or the concerned personal was you acquittance.

Narendra s rawat

Country flag
Shrimaan , are you also in army ?
Or the concerned personal was you acquittance.
No sir I still preparing for JAG.
I am from garhwal I am from the same village where cds vipin rawat is from we have generation of family members in armed force from my mother and my father side.
My family and I live in dheradun for defence lover it is a paradise. Every family in Uttrakhand have someone in their family who are associated with armed forces.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I despise the extremely narrow and pessimistic outlook of this thread. It's totally unwarranted, almost idiotic.

I will not name anyone but a few "senior" members think that just because they have had the time to have written 1000+ posts, they have achieved some kind of 'superiority' and have the right to describe new members as "jingos".

These members certainly have a sound knowledge about small-arms, but they appear to have a very sketchy understanding of history, economics and geopolitics.

These people will not even last one day in a good think tank if they were to join one.
In a nutshell, they are masters of one trade and jacks of none.
No one from here will last one hour in any international think tank.

If they would they wont be wasting time here.

And all these narrow-minded and pessimistic people can be challenged by logical debates.

Try logical taunting it might help.

I am the official birth giver of the taunt JAI HO on this thread.

P.S-I could destroy any reporter on Army matters though. lol just kidding

Gessler

Country flag
As a organisation they are pretty messed up.

Indian army?

Careful posting stuff like this here brother.

Be aware that people come to this thread to 'feel good' so you are being a Paki agent by posting about faults/shortcomings within Indian SF.

Immanuel

Country flag
Careful posting stuff like this here brother.

Be aware that people come to this thread to 'feel good' so you are being a Paki agent by posting about faults/shortcomings within Indian SF.
Posting faults/shortcomings is one thing, calling active duty warriors on the front line pretend bollywood commandos (while sitting on their ass leaching on Chacha's Wifi) is entirely another, I don't come here to feel good. I come here to identify what the Paki goat lickers are saying and do occasional surgical strikes. Those shortfalls mentioned are nothing new and have long existed before any one of us got here.

Gessler

Country flag
Posting faults/shortcomings is one thing, calling active duty warriors on the front line pretend bollywood commandos (while sitting on their ass leaching on Chacha's Wifi) is entirely another, I don't come here to feel good. I come here to identify what the Paki goat lickers are saying and do occasional surgical strikes. Those shortfalls mentioned are nothing new and have long existed before any one of us got here.
You do surgical strikes on the forum via wifi?

Wow, must be a cyber commando. I should be careful. :eek1:

Gessler

Country flag
Those shortfalls mentioned are nothing new and have long existed before any one of us got here.
Yeah and when even after decades the problems fail to get fixed, some people get frustrated. Not because they want to belittle Indian SF, but because they want the SFs to have the best that money can buy.

And when frustrated, some like yourself choose to lash out by calling people who are clearly not niggas as being niggas, while others lash out by calling SF who're clearly not bollywood commandos, as being bollywood commandos.

Capiche?

Immanuel

Country flag
Yeah and when even after decades the problems fail to get fixed, some people get frustrated. Not because they want to belittle Indian SF, but because they want the SFs to have the best that money can buy.

And when frustrated, some like yourself choose to lash out by calling people who are clearly not niggas as being niggas, while others lash out by calling SF who're clearly not bollywood commandos, as being bollywood commandos.

Capiche?
The only ones frustrated here are the Paki goat lickers, I sleep comfortably. Nigga is term of endearment actually, you need to catch up on the lingo. I rarely call anyone here a ****** which is a derogatory term.

shade

Country flag
Where is this infamous “bollywood commandoes” post btw?
Did it get delet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles