Indian schools rated outstanding

Tamil Arasan

Two Indian schools rated 'outstanding'

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle09.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2012/February/theuae_February739.xml&section=theuae

27 February 2012
DUBAI
Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) has rated The Indian High School and Dubai Modern High School outstanding in its third cycle of school inspections.
A total of 21 Indian schools were inspected between October and December last year by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority's (KHDA).

Of the 21 schools, two were rated outstanding, seven as good, 10 as acceptable and two as unsatisfactory. The KHDA report titled ' Key findings: Indian and Pakistani Schools' was released earlier today at the Manipal University campus in Dubai International Academic City (DIAC)

All Pakistani schools 'unsatisfactory'

Dubai- Poor leadership and a lack of parental interest have pushed Pakistani schools to a new low as KHDA authorities have rated all three Pakistani schools in Dubai as 'unsatisfactory'.

Follow-through inspections and close monitoring by the school inspection bureau have failed to bring a change, as fundamental weaknesses have not been addressed in these schools.

Highlighting the need to improve school leadership, the report pointed towards ineffective leadership, weak procedures and poor day-to-day management as some of the reasons for the school's poor performance.

"School leaders have to put in extra efforts to improve the Pakistani education system. They need to follow the recommendations presented in the inspection report and follow the guidelines to create a much-needed change," said Jameela Al Muhairi.

A key message in the report said, "The organisations which run Pakistani schools need to address the common weakness in their schools. They need to provide the investment, resources and support to school leaders to urgently bring about changes required for parents."

Shafiq Ahmed, Principal of the Pakistan Education Academy noted, "We are working to address the issues and we have already started making changes. New teachers are being hired already but the core issues have still not been addressed," said Shafiq.

Poor language development, lack of parental engagement and limited financial resources has added to the challenge of ineffective leadership.

The other two schools which were rated unsatisfactory were Al Farooq Pakistani Islamic School and Sheikh Rashid Al Maktoum Pakistani School.

Blackwater

DUBAI: Two Indian schools in Dubai have been awarded an 'outstanding' rating for the first time by the emirates' education authority.

The Indian High School and Modern High School were rated outstanding in a report based on the inspection of Indian and Pakistani schools in Dubai by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA).

The report, made public on Monday, showed that both schools improved their rating from good to outstanding, while two others declined, going from good to acceptable, while the remaining schools retained last year's rating.

The report pointed out that more Indian pupils are getting better education now, with over 16,230 pupils attending schools getting a better rating. But the pace of improvement of Indian schools has slowed down significantly, Gulf News reports.

"Alarmingly, many children with special educational needs may be going unnoticed at some of the Indian schools as these schools lack understanding of the definition of special needs in the broader sense," Jameela Al Muhairi, Chief of the Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau (DSIB) at KHDA, said.

"For instance, the principal of a school with thousands of pupils told us there were four or five such children in the school, But this turned out to be wrong as experts participating in the inspection process identified more pupils during their interaction with the pupils," she added.

Muhairi urged the schools to use DSIB guidelines to identify students who demonstrate learning difficulties or require further challenges more effectively.

Two Indian schools in Dubai get 'outstanding' rating - The Times of India

Blackwater

i have heard pakis wants their kids to study in Indian school in Dubai.

dont they think its haram studying with Hindus kafirs

ejazr

Ambassador
i have heard pakis wants their kids to study in Indian school in Dubai.

dont they think its haram studying with Hindus kafirs
Well lets not get into cheap labels.

Indian schools across the GCC have a very good reputation. And there are plenty of Indian Muslims, Christians and Sikhs students studying in these school. Foreign nationals from countries like Bangladesh, Bahrain, Egypt, Sri Lanka and other countries also send their kids to Indian schools to study under the CBSE system.
The CBSE-I system for International schools is also very nice because it allows local history and culture to be incorporated in teaching and I would say that it is on par to become the IGCSE of India (O and A levels) if they continue with the standards.

Blackwater

Well lets not get into cheap labels.

Indian schools across the GCC have a very good reputation. And there are plenty of Indian Muslims, Christians and Sikhs students studying in these school. Foreign nationals from countries like Bangladesh, Bahrain, Egypt, Sri Lanka and other countries also send their kids to Indian schools to study under the CBSE system.
The CBSE-I system for International schools is also very nice because it allows local history and culture to be incorporated in teaching and I would say that it is on par to become the IGCSE of India (O and A levels) if they continue with the standards.

well what i sad is not wrong. You did't answer my Q.

my Q is simple

Does studying in Indian school with hindu,sikh,christian people made pakis kafir and haram????

Darth Vader

maybe ISI is sending these kids to find out whether the School and hindu students are hatching a plot to destabilise pakistan...hehe

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Then why the hell we say we have to change the Indian system and school models ??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles