Indian fishermen will be shot if they cross border, says Sri Lankan PM

sgarg

Re: Indian fishermen will be shot if they cross border, says Sri Lanka

No we will shoot. If India fisherman can illegally cross the IMBL and illegally fish SLG has the authority to order shoot at site.
You shall see. Wake me when you "shoot".

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

@Compersion
No disagreement there.

My proposed solution:
1) bilateral agreement between india and Srilanka, fixed jail time period if either of country's caught by the other.
2)fishing boats caught to be auctioned or released after paying a fixed fine amount. Amount can be reviewer after every 3 years.
3) encourage deep sea fishing
4) look at other scientific methods like offshore fish farming.

One problem I foresee is whether kaliangar or jaya Lalitha really want to see a long term solution? If the problem is solved then there is no vote bank politics.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladder

Country flag

You shall see. Wake me when you "shoot".
They will 'shoot' with both video camera and still camera.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

No we will shoot. If India fisherman can illegally cross the IMBL and illegally fish SLG has the authority to order shoot at site.
Easier said than done.

Over fishing is bad and over shooting is bad and the consequence can be serious, both ecologically and in human lives.

If you shoot, can we also not shoot?

Power grows from the barrel of a gun, not peace and friendship.

And in any case, SL belongs to Bengal.

The Mahavamsa ("Great Chronicle", Pali: Mahāvaṃsa and Sinhala: මහාවංසය ) is a historical book written in the Pali language of the Kings of Sri Lanka. The first version of it covered the period from the coming of Prince Vijaya of the Rarh region of ancient Bengal in 543 BCE to the reign of Mahasena of Anuradhapura (334–361).
Enjoy.

Life is short.

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag

Easier said than done.

Over fishing is bad and over shooting is bad and the consequence can be serious, both ecologically and in human lives.

If you shoot, can we also not shoot?

Power grows from the barrel of a gun, not peace and friendship.

And in any case, SL belongs to Bengal.

Enjoy.

Life is short.
SL belong to Bengal. :rofl:

Their is a dispute among the scholars to where the actual location of departure of prince Vijaya. Some claim it is in Bengal and some Gujraat. I do personally think that Vijaya had come from Gujraat rather than Bengal.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

SL belong to Bengal. :rofl:

Their is a dispute among the scholars to where the actual location of departure of prince Vijaya. Some claim it is in Bengal and some Gujraat. I do personally think that Vijaya had come from Gujraat rather than Bengal.
Wouldn't there be a dispute?

Especially for people who are afraid of their past?

Whether Bengal, Gujarat or Timbuctoo, you are not the original inhabitants, Remember?

Written about that copiously as to who are the real originals.

I am sure with your angst against India, even if you claim you are a Gujarati, you would next tell us you are actually from Mars.

You are a good man. You dispute your own religio history book.

So, The Mahavamsa is a whole lot of horse sh1t?

And Gautama Buddha was only a mirage, a myth, and a lie, forced on to the gullible and stupid.

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag

Wouldn't there be a dispute?

Especially for people who are afraid of their past?

Whether Bengal, Gujarat or Timbuctoo, you are not the original inhabitants, Remember?
How can you say not original inhabitants? What is your definition for original inhabitants. Just curious to know.

P.S. There is nothing to be ashamed of my past. I'm just referring to the debate among the scholars and my views on the matter.

Written about that copiously as to who are the real originals.

I am sure with your angst against India, even if you claim you are a Gujarati, you would next tell us you are actually from Mars.

You are a good man. You dispute your own religio history book.

So, The Mahavamsa is a whole lot of horse sh1t?

And Gautama Buddha was only a mirage, a myth, and a lie, forced on to the gullible and stupid.
I'm not a Gujarati. My ancestry is from Kerala. Besides Sinhalese are not coming solely from Vijaya and his clan. That is my point.

Mahavansa is a chronology not a history book. It does contain some historical facts and also myths too. It has written to glory our past kings and their deeds. We as Sri Lankans consider it as a glorious beacon that could shed light on our past. But the true history of Sri Lanka is written in archaeological collections published by Sri Lanka archaeology department.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

How can you say not original inhabitants? What is your definition for original inhabitants. Just curious to know.

P.S. There is nothing to be ashamed of my past. I'm just referring to the debate among the scholars and my views on the matter.

I'm not a Gujarati. My ancestry is from Kerala. Besides Sinhalese are not coming solely from Vijaya and his clan. That is my point.

Mahavansa is a chronology not a history book. It does contain some historical facts and also myths too. It has written to glory our past kings and their deeds. We as Sri Lankans consider it as a glorious beacon that could shed light on our past. But the true history of Sri Lanka is written in archaeological collections published by Sri Lanka archaeology department.
I have told this many a time and I am not going to repeat.

Quit pretending.

Jatt.Hindustan

Tihar Jail
Banned

Lankan doesn't know his history, this is what Gotr system is for. You don't have one?

We know where we were from time of mahabharat and trace our lineage through Daanveer Karan to Rajasthan and now to Punjab.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

I dont think TN govt will help fishermen. If TN GOVT is concerned about safety of thier fisher they could have warned them not to do so.
Exactly.

Now tell me. is it fair to blame the Lankans?

We are now doing the role of Bangladeshi Miyas to SL.

This has to stop.

TN government needs to be tamed.

One cannot take the centre for a ride and No state government should have ANY say in the running of central government.

ladder

Country flag

Exactly.

This has to stop.

One cannot take the centre for a ride and No state government should have ANY say in the running of central government.
Blaming for what?

Who is blaming SL govt. for arresting fisherman? Nobody in this forum.

SL can arrest and jail them.

What we are saying is shooting, torture and false cases (of drug trafficking) will be counter productive for SL.

Illusive

Country flag

Wow these guys go straight out and shoot our fisherman.........talk about approach, we even give proper trail to paki terrorists and these guys threaten us to shoot innocent civilians for just crossing the maritime border. Even pakistan don't do that, even Chinese don't do that to Vietnamese and here they threaten to kill for some fishes, not good diplomacy SriLanka.

DingDong

Country flag

Wow these guys go straight out and shoot our fisherman.........talk about approach, we even give proper trail to paki terrorists and these guys threaten us to shoot innocent civilians for just crossing the maritime border. Even pakistan don't do that, even Chinese don't do that to Vietnamese and here they threaten to kill for some fishes, not good diplomacy SriLanka.
Mostly a public posturing. The new regime doesn't wish to be seen as an Indian puppet after it's recent anti-China stances.

Illusive

Country flag

Mostly a public posturing. The new regime doesn't wish to be seen as an Indian puppet after it's recent anti-China stances.
Thats the thing you know, people elected him, the last guy was a Chinese puppet so bringing balance to the region doesn't mean pro India. Threatening us like this doesn't make him look tough, it will look like he is compensating for all the actions he has taken.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

Exactly.

This has to stop.

Cenral govt should send a notice to TN Govt that " Central.Govt will not involve if any TN fishermen are caught in SL hands

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles