Indian Economy: News and Discussion

SKC

Country flag
Mostly for attention whores like that crap mini coopers or VW beetle or buggy but jimmy is better compared to those German and English trash. I wouldn't get caught in those cars. Jimmy is pointless in any other market other than possibly Japan. Its not tough enough for offroading but may be better when it comes to mud being lighter than jeep.
Mini Cooper is actually a good car though. Decent power with decent milege.

omaebakabaka

Mini Cooper is actually a good car though. Decent power with decent milege.
Its got lot of things going against it...

1. German shit expensive and too many issues with Mini vs comparable Honda/Toyota and expensive to fix
2. Boring designs that feel very boring after a little bit
3. Very feminine, only ladibois are caught driving in it....hit with Chinese females for some reason and woke white chics

omaebakabaka

Still China has 2 other cities that are really close to Beijing and Mumbai. Other than Delhi, what other Indian cities have billionaires?
Possibly Surat and Ahmedabad....most are sindhis or gujjus anyway. Having billionaires due to stock market is the worst prediction into the future. Germany and Japan are much better comparably till the Germans went full cucking mode from their always cucked posture. Lot of politicians are billionaries uncounted

angryIndian

Country flag
Unemployment crisis: 83% of jobless Indians are youth, says International Labour Organisation Report

India’s youth continue to grapple with soaring unemployment rates, with nearly 83 percent of the jobless population belonging to this demographic, as per the India Employment Report 2024 jointly published by the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and the Institute of Human Development (IHD).
Dropout rates after secondary education remain high, particularly in poorer states and among marginalised groups. Despite rising enrolment in higher education, quality concerns persist, with significant learning deficits observed across school and higher education levels, as per the report.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

MuffleParch

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The BDB at the BKC going for the major expansion with the 12 lakh Sq. Ft. GLA from the current 20 lakh Sq. Ft. To the 32 lakh Sq. Ft. of 1,000 office units to 3,500 units from the current 2,000 and with 50,000 employees and visitors daily.

Atavistic

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The BDB at the BKC going for the major expansion with the 12 lakh Sq. Ft. GLA from the current 20 lakh Sq. Ft. To the 32 lakh Sq. Ft. of 1,000 office units to 3,500 units from the current 2,000 and with 50,000 employees and visitors daily.

SDB becoming another white elephant of modi

RocketMan

Country flag
Jindals have larger ambitions beyond a token JV with SAIC (if you know, you know) and BYD was promptly shown the door. Vinfast is not market-proven anywhere; Hero Electric, Okinawa etc were mercilessly screwed (for importing cheeni stuffs) while homegrown Ather thrived. You still have startups like Ultraviolette innovating in house; what's even the big deal? As far as the inputs are concerned, they will gradually localize just like they are doing across electronics. The only segment where cheenis have had an unchecked run is E-buses - 'analysts' shd point that out more often; mentioning Great Wall motors, Changan is useless (they weren't even allowed to manufacture in India)...
New EV policy seems specifically designed to protect Tata/Mahindra/Maruti . Tata motors has ~70% localisation in their EVs .Suzuki , Ola have stated Battery manufacturing in India itself & Tata have invested in microchips & their lithium plant is coming up this year . Combined with Jammu lithium deposits , if planned well we'll have vertical integration in EVs within 5 yrs . <35000$ CKD EV imports have 70% Tax (the place where Chinese car companies have a field day) .

RocketMan

Country flag
It is all about battery prices which is going to fall atleast 40%. This should drive a cost reduction of atleast 20% in car price. recently, Tata offers 2 lakh discount on Nexon top model. We need a car which drives 350 km in one recharge which should cost less than 13 lakh. EVs are still 35 % Costlier than its petrol counterpart. We need a 500 KM ideal range and 13 Lakh price for Mahindra XUV 400 or Nexon EV mid variant.
What India needs is more fast chargers(~50kW) along the highways . Right now chargers are concentrated in cities while highways have few & far between which impacts max speeds you can drive. With fast chargers every 50 kms on highways even punch.ev is capable to travel long distances .

RocketMan

Country flag
Serves my purpose... Jeep is FIAT .. Not gonna touch with bargepole.. had a punto and my heart knows how much i bleed with her...

not sure why u think jimny is garbage
Jimmy is a capable off roader . Maruti service is top notch & spares will be easy to come by .

images (1).jpeg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Another under appreciated change since Modi came, India's Net International Investment Position has remained pretty much stable since UPA was kicked out. The amount of "Modi desh bech raha hai" crap congis pull, truth is the exact opposite.
1711603303406.png

SKC

Country flag
Rajan after waking up everyday:

slayingheaven

Country flag
So somewhat relevant to Indian Economy. Our Pharma Sector is also to be appreciated. But what's up with them being dependent on China for raw materials? I mean raw materials are easier to manufacture than drugs themselves isn't it. Or is our cost-cutting baniya buddhi would rather continue import from Xina rather than invest in localization. Are there any efforts because I would like to see complete A to Z vertical integration of our Pharma Industry.

omaebakabaka

So somewhat relevant to Indian Economy. Our Pharma Sector is also to be appreciated. But what's up with them being dependent on China for raw materials? I mean raw materials are easier to manufacture than drugs themselves isn't it. Or is our cost-cutting baniya buddhi would rather continue import from Xina rather than invest in localization. Are there any efforts because I would like to see complete A to Z vertical integration of our Pharma Industry.
Their scale is different and pollution is heavy in that layer in chemical industry. Regulations are lax too in China and basically they cornered the market and kicked out Germans and others....no different from pretty much any other industry. I am also in manufacturing and recently my friend who works for German giant in chemicals basically reiterated all raw material processed in China and they import it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
APIs are manufactured in kgs at a time, most times it doesn't make sense to recalibrate process flow on shop floor for items of low demand.

NutCracker

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles