Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Blademaster

Smear article alert!

The ex-Ranbaxy guy they are quoting has a very very shady past.

And there has been no drop in annual production; which is why the article does not quote any concrete figure whatsoever (like drop in export earnings etc).
Somebody with the data needs to strongly rebut that article. IndiaPharma needs to set up their own trade lobby and reps and provide enough resources so that group can go after scumbags like this one above and rebut the likes of them with data and facts. Not only that but be able to effectively lobby lawmakers and policymakers and get them to hear the viewpoints of the IndiaPharma industry.

Psacha1234

Country flag
Caused an uptick in USDINR (shot up to ~ 83.5) but probably won't last long; who knows...
Some comments on USDINR, use it however you like:

The USDINR has consolidated for several months in the 82-83 range and breached ATHs today. I think it is set for a big breakout in the coming months to atleast high 85s (barring any unexpected catalysts)
FED Powell was hawkish, and while markets are still pricing in 3 rate cuts this year, the ‘higher for longer’ (they reduced the forecast for next year, and I don’t trust them much as they are just stalling) sentiment means we can see dollar strengthening in the near term.
I was planning to send some big amount to India, but I will probably hold back and wait to see how it unfolds.

Cheepek

Somebody with the data needs to strongly rebut that article. IndiaPharma needs to set up their own trade lobby and reps and provide enough resources so that group can go after scumbags like this one above and rebut the likes of them with data and facts. Not only that but be able to effectively lobby lawmakers and policymakers and get them to hear the viewpoints of the IndiaPharma industry.
You can't do everything with lobbying, that we have serious lacunae within our regulatory authorities is a fact and not an opinion. The article cites some recent cases. I have said it before, until we focus on strengthening our regulatory bodies, we aren't going too far. Forget the outside world, it's detrimental even to us and our aspiring population.

zathura98

Country flag
Survey sample size was 1000 people in each country.

How can you guess Happiness index of a country as big as India just with a sample size of 1000 people?

Happiest Country-1: Finland - Surveyed 0.018% of population.
Happiest Country-2: Denmark - Surveyed 0.017% of population.
Happiest Country-3: Iceland - Surveyed 0.269% of population.

Not good but OK.

Now come to India:
Happiest Country-126: India- Surveyed 0.00000709% of population
this agency is been cornered from every side, if they take this index to be true then
- their whole propoganda of ukraine war is false , if ukranians are happy living in a war torn country for about 3 years then why US is labelling russia as enemy. They are helping ukranians to be more happy in life:hehe:

- their whole gaza war is farce, if palestinians are happy then, there is no genocide and oppression by israel.
:hehe:, no kids are dying there. period.

- if maintaining high growth rate , per capita income rise , middle class boom, more FDI flowing in, exports rising, stock market rising, private companies getting more funding , forex reserves on high tide, are signs of sadness for them , then indians are happy to be sad.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
India has not even begun its manufacturing journey. Forget China, we seem to be installing fewer industrial robots than Singapore.

The next 10 years need to be transformational beyond the 1991 reforms. Otherwise we're going to be stuck with mediocrity while others including China will go full speed ahead with combining robotics and AI to increase their productivity 3-5x

Dhandho unicorns like food delivery, hotels, Zara copycats etc won't mean anything in this journey.

omaebakabaka

this agency is been cornered from every side, if they take this index to be true then
- their whole propoganda of ukraine war is false , if ukranians are happy living in a war torn country for about 3 years then why US is labelling russia as enemy. They are helping ukranians to be more happy in life:hehe:

- their whole gaza war is farce, if palestinians are happy then, there is no genocide and oppression by israel.
:hehe:, no kids are dying there. period.

- if maintaining high growth rate , per capita income rise , middle class boom, more FDI flowing in, exports rising, stock market rising, private companies getting more funding , forex reserves on high tide, are signs of sadness for them , then indians are happy to be sad.
Anyone taking any studies directly or indirectly connected to rules based world order mouthpiece countries need to get their brain examined immediately. Even their own sheep don't trust anything coming out of their institutions anymore....its on the contrary now.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Some comments on USDINR, use it however you like:

The USDINR has consolidated for several months in the 82-83 range and breached ATHs today. I think it is set for a big breakout in the coming months to atleast high 85s (barring any unexpected catalysts)
FED Powell was hawkish, and while markets are still pricing in 3 rate cuts this year, the ‘higher for longer’ (they reduced the forecast for next year, and I don’t trust them much as they are just stalling) sentiment means we can see dollar strengthening in the near term.
I was planning to send some big amount to India, but I will probably hold back and wait to see how it unfolds.
USDINR is not breaching 83 for the first time; happened as recently as a few months back. India's deficit numbers are gradually consolidating and if an NDA govt wins 2029 LS polls, chances are that USDINR won't ever breach 90. I don't foresee any significant depreciation - if a period of active volatility emerges the RBI folks will just intervene; as they have been consistently doing for over a year now (which made INR the best performing currency in Asia).

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Last edited:

angryIndian

Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 .