Indian Economy: News and Discussion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Hope electricity supply will get more cheaper for industries.
nope, this scheme is not at scale to have a direct impact on commercial electricity prices directly.

entirety of solar power generation can slow down hike in electricity tariffs, but not reverse the costs. will have check, may be nuclear can reduce costs, but as of now India can’t build nuclear at that scale.

another_armchair

Country flag
nope, this scheme is not at scale to have a direct impact on commercial electricity prices directly.

entirety of solar power generation can slow down hike in electricity tariffs, but not reverse the costs. will have check, may be nuclear can reduce costs, but as of now India can’t build nuclear at that scale.
Any hope of thorium generating cheap electricity at mass scale?

blackleaf

Country flag
Any hope of thorium generating cheap electricity at mass scale?
I'm optimistic but it will probably take at least 30 years to develop the reactors, get enough fuel from breeder reactors and start building at scale.

I would like to see much faster build out of nuclear power plants in general.
They should standardise on a few preapproved designs (HWRs , FBRs) choose two companies to set up competing manufacturing lines and start producing nuclear power plants at scale.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Good.. open the flood gates to imports. Local industry be damned.
Is there any innovation that local big players are conducting in EV sector. the 50% localization will actually help the local industry which is actually into innovation and manufacturing rather than just importing. Anyways the $35,000 threshold will protect such local big players in EV.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Something doesn't look right with the Economist graph or wherever they sourced it from. Barely 30% of entire India was literate in 1960, so how can the figure be 80% for women.

Really, "mentally retarded"? Poorly educated != mental retardation.
Stunting leads to poor cognition ability. Infact around 20% of Indian kids suffer from wasting, i.e., extreme form of stunting. :

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

sameer3694

Stunting leads to poor cognition ability. Infact around 20% of Indian kids suffer from wasting, i.e., extreme form of stunting. :
And..... what does that have to do with mental retardation?

omaebakabaka

And..... what does that have to do with mental retardation?
80% of Americans including kids are not just obese but fat. People in India are picking harmful eating patterns....eat shit and sit on your ass and grow ugly pot bellies....disgusting. Damn these reports and studies, they are nothing but flawed stats and studies and experiments. They don't even conduct them in the field anymore.

omaebakabaka

Children with wasting are more likely to experience developmental delays and cognitive problems. This is because proper nutrition is crucial for brain development, and malnutrition during critical growth periods can have lasting effects.
Extreme malnutrition is different from some of these crap studies portray as malnutrition....if that was the case then entire black community and western hemisphere (not to forget beef eating inbreds next to us and arabs and south americans and so on) should produce just brilliantly intelligent humans on the avg but they don't. Extreme malnutrition causes other issues before it becomes a cognitive problem. I survived on basic stuff and vegeterian all my life and did perfectly fine academically and in fights. Vedic scholars at learning age follow strict diet and are still able to memorize tons of stuff and the brilliant ones in that field have an outstanding ability to grasp....I am critical about most of the stuff coming out of west as these are always backed by vested interests now.

sameer3694

stunting/wasting = low iq
"Mentally retarded" is used for people with real intellectual disabilities caused generally due to genetics or other reasons. They have trouble functioning in their daily lives or doing even simple tasks. something like down's syndrome etc.

Someone Having reduced development or cognitive abilities possibly due to malnutrition is a completely different spectrum. It has nothing to do with being retarded.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . The Bajaj to launch India's first CNG bike. It will be 110 cc Platina converted to CNG

2 .

3 .

4 .

5 .

6 .

7 . The Kolhapur based Innovator and entrepreneur Sameer Naik makes India's first fully indeginous 'Jacquard' machine used in making designs and logos on cloth

8 .

9 .

10 .

11 .

12 .

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles