Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Crazywithmath

Country flag

shade

Country flag

Non paywalled;

Never actually thought the Voltas Beko JV would be of actual use to us rather than the Turks 🤡
But as they say, Olah MBT is the best planner
Tata-owned Voltas too said it has received export orders for frost-free refrigerators and dishwashers from Arçelik which sells appliances in Europe under the Beko brand.

here2where

Anyways, 5 years for MBBS, followed by more years for PG. MBBS students will need access to patients. Where will they find a hospital? Campus hospitals are like PHC's with most cases referred to bigger hospitals outside the campus..
insider view. sad reality. watch till end.

shade

Country flag
We should really help the EU by transporting million of migrants to Europe.

Hell why isn't there a agency that lifts Rohingaya from India and drop them on the coast of Goohrope.
I would gladly like my taxes to go in this effort.
Sanctions from EU?

EU accelerating their own recession.
Please do, kill yourself eurotards
Put down your pitchforks frens, don't believe whatever you read on Twitter from Paki handles
Also this seems to be aimed at China mainly and not us and relates to export of sanctioned electronics items to Russia from 3rd countries.

==================================================================================
The European Union (EU) has proposed sanctions on around two dozen companies, including one from India and three from China, for allegedly supporting Russia's war in Ukraine, Bloomberg reported.

The listed companies are primarily engaged in technology and electronics, as per the report. They have been accused of contributing to Russia's military and technological capabilities and the draft document highlights their purported role in advancing Russia's defence and security sector.

The draft document, as seen by Bloomberg, accuses these companies of importing prohibited technologies and electronics and subsequently reexporting them to Russia.

The proposed list includes three Chinese firms, and one each from India, Sri Lanka, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Thailand, Turkey, and Hong Kong, among others. The document clarifies that inclusion doesn't attribute responsibility for actions to the respective jurisdictions.
Over 620 companies, mainly from Russia, have been previously listed by the EU.

If approved, this move would mark the EU's first instance of imposing sanctions on mainland Chinese companies since Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

The issue is of significant importance for the EU, especially in its relationship with China, a key trade partner. Notably, earlier attempts to list Chinese firms faced resistance from certain member states and assurances from Beijing. Germany, for example, is reliant on China as the largest market for carmakers such as Volkswagen AG, and closely monitors developments.

Further, EU sanctions require unanimous approval from all member states and may undergo changes before adoption

================================================================================

angryIndian

Country flag
The problem has been in getting engineers/managers in tier 1 cities to move and manage tier 2 centres. No one has been really successful with that in any meaningful way. Most top engineers in Bangalore won't even move to other top tier Indian cities , let alone tier 2 cities. Even with hefty salary increases. It's why Karnataka has really struggled beyond Bangalore. Good in intention but not as easy as it looks.
The salaries these IT companies pay in Tier-2 cities are really low. A guy in my neighborhood got placed in one with a salary of Just Rs 13,000 a month.I thought it was a contractual job, but later he told me that he is a payroll employee.

The thing is that even Tier-2 cities are no longer cheap. The cost of living has drastically increased all over the country, while salaries have stagnated.

In my city, one needs to earn at least Rs 40,000 to lead a very basic middle-class lifestyle. In Rural Bengal where I've spent a considerable amount of time, it's very difficult to survive on less than Rs 17,000-18,000 a month.

Spindrift

The salaries these IT companies pay in Tier-2 cities are really low. A guy in my neighborhood got placed in one with a salary of Just Rs 13,000 a month.I thought it was a contractual job, but later he told me that he is a payroll employee.

The thing is that even Tier-2 cities are no longer cheap. The cost of living has drastically increased all over the country, while salaries have stagnated.

In my city, one needs to earn at least Rs 40,000 to lead a very basic middle-class lifestyle. In Rural Bengal where I've spent a considerable amount of time, it's very difficult to survive on less than Rs 17,000-18,000 a month.
Must be a fresher or the company must be a lala company.

AK047

Country flag
Looks like Vinfest is pretty much serious with their EV ambitions.

Donut Media had reviewed their car some time back and they reported a hell lot of issues. Vinfest took the criticism positively and fixed a lot of problems and sent the car back to Donut again for review:

Funfact the bigger Vinfast vehicles all use Tata technologies’s eVMP platform while the smaller ones use a Chinese platform

“ In particular, Tran posted that financial documents say Indian engineering firm Tata Technologies (a subsidiary of automaker Tata Motors, which owns Jaguar Land Rover) has been significantly more involved in vehicle development than VinFast's "out of nowhere" narrative would indicate. “Recently, Tata's IPO filing in India revealed that they are the turnkey developers of the VF6, 7, 8, 9 car models for VinFast based on Tata's eVMP platform,” Tran wrote. “

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
One of the better companies are definitely WIPRO, Infosys, Cogniznat even TCS. But these guys don't head out to tier 2 cities much.
The things is tier 2 cities could host such companies but more than infra it is lacking Human resource.

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
You guys underestimate how much basic education until class 10 has impact on a man's career.
These 10 classes form the foundation for your life and determine how far you could go.
Unfortunately good chunk of fellas in tier 2 cities won't be able to write a proper E mail or hold a conversation in English to even qualify then for call center. Math skills will be non existent and other subjects don't hold much for their career. Decent understanding of science and maths is required for Diploma so with that out of question they have to do with ITI which they most likely not find most of the time. Next option is to pick art's and sign up for some state gormint college and try your luck in Grouo d gormint job. All of these guys would eventually fill UPSC form thus making the chunk of 12 to 15 lakh people that fill the form.

Unless Gormijt can provide proper education till clas 10 this demographic dividend will turn into a nightmare.
And no the new education reform does not help much as it does not solve the issue of Quality control in Gormint schools.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles