Indian Economy: News and Discussion

TakAman

Country flag
Slightly off topic, but why are we allowing imports of even basic electronic items like fridge and ac and washing machine. Why has hyundai partnership with bd company like walton and importing consumer products in India instead of setting up factories here ? Are you doing anything ? Where are our Indian brand factories. why are not exporting these products to even Nepal and Bhutan ?

i could not find any videos in youtube showing the Indian factories , even the videos from malaysia, indonesia and damn Bd is there, but not ours .
Two things:

(1) Many corporate partnerships prohibit future partnerships. For example, if I am partnered with a top company as a co-manufacturer or sell it as a white label. Generally it is followed by a contract which protects me from future partnerships with a competing firm.

Indian firms may already be having big partnerships at hand.

(2) Walton has a revenue of 600 million USD as compared to 4.1 billion for Godrej.

Same for Voltas and Videocon which are above 1.2 billion USD companies:

It is easier for a big fish like Hyundai to manipulate a small company like Walton. Hence its low revenues might be a factor.

Secondly, BD exports are penny compared to India.
It exported 12 million USD last year. While India exports 100x more than that in consumer electronics sector.

Nothing which worries me about this partnership other than chest thumping Banglas who would claim victory on online forums.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Two things:

(1) Many corporate partnerships prohibit future partnerships. For example, if I am partnered with a top company as a co-manufacturer or sell it as a white label. Generally it is followed by a contract which protects me from future partnerships with a competing firm.

(2) Walton has a revenue of 600 million USD as compared to 4.1 billion for Godrej.

Same for Voltas and Videocon which are above 1.2 billion USD companies:

It is easier for a big fish like Hyundai to manipulate a small company like Walton. Hence its low revenues might be a factor.

It exported 12 million USD last year. While India exports 100x more than that in consumer electronics sector.

Nothing which worries me about this partnership other than chest thumping Banglas who would claim victory on online forums.
Godrej needs to grow ,much much growth is required

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Slightly off topic, but why are we allowing imports of even basic electronic items like fridge and ac and washing machine. Why has hyundai partnership with bd company like walton and importing consumer products in India instead of setting up factories here ? Are you doing anything ? Where are our Indian brand factories. why are not exporting these products to even Nepal and Bhutan ?

i could not find any videos in youtube showing the Indian factories , even the videos from malaysia, indonesia and damn Bd is there, but not ours . Just forcing citizens to buy made in India is not enough, if the products stand no competition against the imports. Why are our companies not stting up plants in abroad to compete with likes of LG-hyundai-samsung ?

SKC

Country flag
it’s a reality. California has become unaffordable now, people & companies are moving to Texas. transition to being unaffordable to live on minimum wage, hardly took 30 years for California.
Texas is the place where the IT boom started in US and then it moved to other states.
Now again all big tech moving to Texas.

mushahary

Country flag
Two things:

It is easier for a big fish like Hyundai to manipulate a small company like Walton.

I understand that "Indian firms may already be having big partnerships at hand." we donot know that for sure , they may be going solo or may be they have partnership, what is most saddening that no other company is sprouting in India. Hyundai could have find any partner in India but they chose that stinky ass country. The difference between 500m$ and 4b$ to be honest may evaporate within a couple of years if we can`t compete. And this is happening in our home turf. Them with the help of east asian R&D with their cheap labour can cause massive damage if we are not prepared. I wish our consumer electronics companies to learn something from our two wheeler companies and take the fight to all over world. See how bjajaj, TVS are fighting against giants like honda from every where like colombia to indonesia

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I understand that "Indian firms may already be having big partnerships at hand." we donot know that for sure , they may be going solo or may be they have partnership, what is most saddening that no other company is sprouting in India. Hyundai could have find any partner in India but they chose that stinky ass country. The difference between 500m$ and 4b$ to be honest may evaporate within a couple of years if we can`t compete. And this is happening in our home turf. Them with the help of east asian R&D with their cheap labour can cause massive damage if we are not prepared. I wish our consumer electronics companies to learn something from our two wheeler companies and take the fight to all over world. See how bjajaj, TVS are fighting against giants like honda from every where like colombia to indonesia

One word dixon technologies

sorcerer

Country flag
India can save ₹3.11 trillion worth of fuel used in logistics till 2050: report
Livemint

4 minutes

India can save ₹3.11 trillion worth of fuel till 2050 by deploying clean and cost-effective mode of goods transportation, according to a report from Niti Aayog and Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI).

The report said India can reduce its cost of logistics by 4% of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) and reduce 10 gigatonnes of carbon dioxide emissions till 2030 through these measures.

At present, logistics comprises about 13% of the total costs for Indian companies, making exports uncompetitive vis-a-vis China.

According to the report titled "Fast Tracking Freight in India: A Roadmap for Clean and Cost-Effective Goods Transport", “Due to the rising demand for goods and services, freight transport demand is expected to grow rapidly in the future. While freight transport is essential to economic development, it is plagued by high logistics costs and contributes to rising CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions, and air pollution in cities."

TakAman

Country flag
Yes, India is doing far better in automobiles.
Recently, we revived the shutdown auto industry of superpower USA.

And re-opened Detroit. MnM was first company in the world to set up manufacturing in Detroit in 20+ years.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For ACs, although there is a room for worry. Until and unless, government of India pledges not to fall into the Walton products and allows them free trade in India.

It would be hard for BD to catch up. India has 7x more people than BD.
And China is not going to buy BD's AC and fridge. Neither would the west.

Hyundai would any day prefer keeping the latest RnD technology to itself. So East Asian RnD may not be able to help BD that much.

Cheap labor is a factor. But remember it is BD we are talking about where per capita income is close to India.

And not the Kashmir obsessed nation (I won't name it, you know what I mean) who is 70% off India on incomes.

So cheap labor may also not be a factor, till we keep import duty of 30% +

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Agree, but the long detours proposed defeats the purpose of HSR itself.. for example for Delhi-Kolkata corridor, this detour is made so that Lucknow is connected, but as a result, Kanpur is left out. Instead, the route could have been made to run via Kanpur, avoiding detours, and instead there could have been a spur to Lucknow from Kanpur.

Another problem with this plan is that they seems to have made these proposed passenger corridors based on existing traffic patterns, counting both passenger & freight traffic!
Delhi Kolkata HSR is more important even more than the Delhi-Mumbai one because it passes through Patna which is the nodal point from From where it can go to Guwahati , Kathmandu and Ranchi in future
india needs robust connectivity with north east region because China is increasing connectivity with Tibbet they’re investing heavily in the infrastructure of Tibbet and they may try to capture Arunachal Pradesh , Sikkim in future if they find that India cannot defend These two states because of poor infrastructure
See this map Patna is the nodal point from where this HSR corridor can go to Kathmandu and Guwahati
1623251057643.jpeg

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Delhi Kolkata HSR is more important even more than the Delhi-Mumbai one because it passes through Patna which is the nodal point from From where it can go to Guwahati , Kathmandu and Ranchi in future
india needs robust connectivity with north east region because China is increasing connectivity with Tibbet they’re investing heavily in the infrastructure of Tibbet and they may try to capture Arunachal Pradesh , Sikkim in future if they find that India cannot defend Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim because of poor infrastructure
Hsr will offer it right ???

No not freight corridor ,not all weather road connectivity ,nor air connectivity but hsr ,you truly seems out of mind nowadays .

Well to clarify ,china is making those hsr to change DEMOGRAPHICS . Now calm down

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hsr will offer it right ???

No not freight corridor ,not all weather road connectivity ,nor air connectivity but hsr ,you truly seems out of mind nowadays .

Well to clarify ,china is making those hsr to change DEMOGRAPHICS . Now calm down
India was defeated by China in 1962 because of poor infrastructure
mobilisation of troops or arms and ammunition can be done using aircrafts as well but it has limitations

Last edited:

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Godrej needs to grow ,much much growth is required
Godrej is one of the few companies who manufacture own products rather than others who do contract manufacturing and put their label on it. But due to influx of numerous brands Godrej has lost alot of market share. Their plant in Chandigarh used to run below 30 pcnt capacity utilization few years back. Until they reinvent their entire setup they wont catch up Samsung, Whirlpool etc.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is one of the reasons why Guwahati needs to be connected with HSR

shade

Country flag

i could not find any videos in youtube showing the Indian factories , even the videos from malaysia, indonesia and damn Bd is there, but not ours . Just forcing citizens to buy made in India is not enough, if the products stand no competition against the imports. Why are our companies not stting up plants in abroad to compete with likes of LG-hyundai-samsung ?
It is allowed through the (((ASEAN FTA))) route, but smacked with heavy duties otherwise, even with ASEAN FTA, Japaneez companies like Mitsubishi and Daikin were shamelessly importing fully built ACs from their plants in Thailand iirc, but Gormint did some ungli, after which they were crying.

Fully built AC/Washing Machine etc import is rare, the most dominant companies in these white goods segments like LG, Samsung, Voltas, Whirlpool, IFB etc already have factories here, because import duties eat into profits from selling white goods at high volume here, setting up an assembly plant/ partnering with OEM with an assembly plant is much more cheaper in the long term, and that is what they do.

>Why our companies not setting up plants abroad

What is the need to, if they want to export they can export through their plants here.
White goods as it is is a total "commodity" sector, there is no much differentiation between white good items, not the best way to expand into global markets that are already crowded without a big budget for expanision, and especially if you are facing hard competition by LG/Samsung who also have make in India white goods in Indian market itself.

Don't know why you are doing this concern trolling shit, before your post here crying over 10 foot Rakibool :bplease: "evaporating" :bplease: our companies here with East Asian "R&D"( It's about fucking washing machines -_- ) I never knew Hyundai is even into the white goods business, reason is I haven't seen their white goods items anywhere prominent, online or offline, perhaps the Electronics CMs here didn't want to take whatever low volume order Hyundai was offering them, but Najmul Kangal bent over backwards for the Hyundai people.

all they seem to be doing is assembling parts fron china for indian market. working for gionee and mi and the likes
Your precious Walton is doing exactly the same, and it is nowhere near Dixon thanks to the Kangal country it hails from, Kangladesh is a tiny market, and no way is Govt allowing Kangladeshi imports to take over our domestic market here :bplease: ,especially with the high energy shilling of Make in India and dropping those PLI schemes and all.

mushahary

Country flag
It is allowed through the (((ASEAN FTA))) route, but smacked with heavy duties otherwise, even with ASEAN FTA, Japaneez companies like Mitsubishi and Daikin were shamelessly importing fully built ACs from their plants in Thailand iirc, but Gormint did some ungli, after which they were crying.

Fully built AC/Washing Machine etc import is rare, the most dominant companies in these white goods segments like LG, Samsung, Voltas, Whirlpool, IFB etc already have factories here, because import duties eat into profits from selling white goods at high volume here, setting up an assembly plant/ partnering with OEM with an assembly plant is much more cheaper in the long term, and that is what they do.

>Why our companies not setting up plants abroad

What is the need to, if they want to export they can export through their plants here.
White goods as it is is a total "commodity" sector, there is no much differentiation between white good items, not the best way to expand into global markets that are already crowded without a big budget for expanision, and especially if you are facing hard competition by LG/Samsung who also have make in India white goods in Indian market itself.

Don't know why you are doing this concern trolling shit, before your post here crying over 10 foot Rakibool :bplease: "evaporating" :bplease: our companies here with East Asian "R&D"( It's about fucking washing machines -_- ) I never knew Hyundai is even into the white goods business, reason is I haven't seen their white goods items anywhere prominent, online or offline, perhaps the Electronics CMs here didn't want to take whatever low volume order Hyundai was offering them, but Najmul Kangal bent over backwards for the Hyundai people.

Your precious Walton is doing exactly the same, and it is nowhere near Dixon thanks to the Kangal country it hails from, Kangladesh is a tiny market, and no way is Govt allowing Kangladeshi imports to take over our domestic market here :bplease: ,especially with the high energy shilling of Make in India and dropping those PLI schemes and all.
"It is allowed through the (((ASEAN FTA))) route" did you even watch the video ? Its only recently GOI woke upto this shyte.
why would not i want our godrej or BPL to go global, you might ask the same question to two wheelers or automobiles also ?Because they are brand India and sales generate money. Why should only L.G or Samsung do that ?

"Don't know why you are doing this concern trolling shit, before your post here crying over 10 foot Rakibool " because deasr aslam, i came to know about it today only from beggar defence. Did you know about this ?

"Your precious Walton is doing exactly the same, and it is nowhere near Dixon thanks to the Kangal country it hails from, Kangladesh is a tiny market, and no way is Govt allowing Kangladeshi imports to take over our"
Thats why targetting India and even trying to capture market of Bhutan and Nepal and where not, and i m not BDeshi.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles