Indian Economy: News and Discussion

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
India possesses a lot of them. $5 billion is nothing. There are a lot of them with major Indian companies. Indian auto factories, heavy enginering firms have individual factories of billions.
Like D Development for example.

The semiconductor fabs India is trying to build will cost hundreds of billions which will be real deal.
Have any plan ? ?????????????

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Have any plan ? ?????????????
Have a lot, their success is uncertain though. Canceled dozens and planned dozens more for future. To avoid failure in such a costly venture, delays are likely to come. India will have it's own semiconductors. It can be in next 3 years or 30 years.

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Have a lot, their success is uncertain though. Canceled dozens and planned dozens more for future. To avoid failure in such a costly venture, delays are likely to come. India will have it's own semiconductors. It can be in next 3 years or 30 years.
Give you some plan of Guangdong province in 2020,
Guangdong province will invest 3.4 trillion yuan in year 2020.
http://www.gov.cn/xinwen/2020-03/07/content_5488333.htm

https://m.gelonghui.com/p/353430

PDF list , you can download

https://www.kdocs.cn/l/sKD7bz7eD

Last edited:

Indrajit

Country flag

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
So India will have some factory more than 5B USD in near future , right?
Its only a matter of time.
Apple has shifted Iphone XR(die you piece of overexpensive shit smartphone) to india so it only makes sense for other tech companies to move to india.
You know what even huawei should move their tech manufacturing base to india in next 5-10 years(love the matebook tho).As your GDP per capita and wages increase it will only make sense to get such manufacturing done in india.

angryIndian

Country flag
$5 billions is nothing for India. Foxconn comes or not. India has and has been making lot of factories. Is ranked fifth in industrial output and soon will be third only behind PRC and US.

Foxconn isn't stupid. If the would want to leave India to go to rest of world which is either aging and dying like China and West or under dire instability and uncertain future in rest of third world, it will be a suicide.

Any news of a company abandoning business away from India is either a fake news or company is about to collapse or involved in a cam.
Except India & SE Asia, there are no economies in world with good long term growth perspectives.
Ranked 5th is very trivial.India's overall industrial output is slightly higher than small countries like South Korea and barely 1/4th of China.

Just because India has a humongous population,it does not mean that companies will simply rush in to set up their business.I have seen a dent in Made in China stuff,but it has been replaced with Made in Thailand and Veitnam and not made in India.Bad infrastructure and education system is simply wasting away the demographic dividend.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Ranked 5th is very trivial.India's overall industrial output is slightly higher than small countries like South Korea and barely 1/4th of China.
Even our income levels are trivial and China stands somewhere in middle when comes to ratio with population.

We are talking about overall size here where India surely has a great bet.

Great powers are necessarily overall big, not necessarily rich.
Just because India has a humongous population,it does not mean that companies will simply rush in to set up their business.I have seen a dent in Made in China stuff,but it has been replaced with Made in Thailand and Veitnam and not made in India.Bad infrastructure and education system is simply wasting away the demographic dividend.
There are a number of stated reasons above they will have to move and in fact they are doing. SE Asia being middile income will surely take away a pie.
My statement doesn't translate into India needn't to improve but doesn't mean that it's good enough to bite a good chunk.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We wasted 70yrs (thanks to Khangress rule), Industrialization slowly shifted from West to East (SE Asia) and it may shift to Africa in future.

So,we have no-choice but shift to service sector from Agriculture .... IT,Pharma,Entertainment industry & etc services we are almost TOP class.
We are substantial and will capture manufacturing too.
And we have no choice except to still try to capture a monopoly on manufacturing. Service sector won't make us the kind of country we want to be.

no smoking

Country flag
64% GDP of India is from SERVICES,IN USA/Most western it's ~79%,it indicates DEVELOPED ECONOMY.So,we are in right path,concentrate on YOUR STRENGTHS (Services) not weakness(Manufacturing) to reach developed economy status.
You get this in wrong way.
Developed economies generally have a high service portion in their GDP, but significant service pie doesn't make you a developed economy.

no smoking

Country flag
We are substantial and will capture manufacturing too.
And we have no choice except to still try to capture a monopoly on manufacturing.
Unfortunately, the monopoly on manufacturing is a mission impossible: Chinese got that position because they showed up in the right time with right capability. Today, the development of technology and geopolitics no longer allow any country to have that position.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Unfortunately, the monopoly on manufacturing is a mission impossible: Chinese got that position because they showed up in the right time with right capability. Today, the development of technology and geopolitics no longer allow any country to have that position.
Not necessarily true.
For businesses, it's all about the bottom line.

Right now, China offers the best bang for buck.
If an alternative crops up, the natural greed of businesses would ensure the alternative being nurtured and grown.

Alternatively, if supply chains are affected, businesses will look for alternatives.

in my opinion, It's all about money.

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Its only a matter of time.
Apple has shifted Iphone XR(die you piece of overexpensive shit smartphone) to india so it only makes sense for other tech companies to move to india.
You know what even huawei should move their tech manufacturing base to india in next 5-10 years(love the matebook tho).As your GDP per capita and wages increase it will only make sense to get such manufacturing done in india.

Because India have high tariff on phone.

But the phone assembled in India mainly sold in India , not abroad.

Because its too expensive.

Do you have a 24-hour stable power grid throughout the country and do you have an adequate water supply system?

Do you have a good drainage system that won't flood when it rains?

Do you have an efficient transportation system? The travel time between major cities across the country is less than 24 hours in 2000KM diameter.

Do You are a common language in the country?Can different people from across the country communicate without obstacles?

You have an efficient government system so that your goods can enter and leave the customs in time instead of getting stuck in customs?

If you solve your problem , then you can go ahead of China.

Last edited:

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Services are best way to go, save environment as well as valuable resources --- now if we manage to produce high end goods like high end electronic that will be a good thing for export but ---- one exports to GDP ratio must never cross 10% nor import to GDP ratio ---- domestic consumption driven economy is always the safest bet for real growth in long term --- rest of the world will be tightening India screw the same way they are tightening Chinese right now when you become to strong ---- India need to develop human resources as well as technologies in long run to reduce dependency on foreign maal ---- these foreign maal buying won't generate or bring real wealth ever.

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Great News for Indian economy:

Failed United States Military Coup In Saudi Arabia Explodes Into Oil Market Declaration Of War
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index3150.htm

$ 20 Oil coming...
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/opec-deal-collapse-sparks-price-war-20-oil-in-2020-is-coming.html

The India develop mainly depend on the oil price , if oil price is high , india develop will slow down.
If oil price low , India develop will quicker.

So Oil price go down , India people will very happy.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Dis Chinese nibba be raising some valid points.

Do you have a 24-hour stable power grid throughout the country and do you have an adequate water supply system?
No we don't have that great of a grid system right now but things will probably get better.
Water is not a problem anywhere in India except some draught hit region.

Do you have a good drainage system that won't flood when it rains?
Dis we dont have any drainage system at all in some of our cities.

Do you have an efficient transportation system? The travel time between major cities across the country is less than 24 hours in 2000KM diameter.
Modi been working on this.
Udaan, Inland wateray, Decicated freight corridor, Bharatmala, Sagarmala.
Do You are a common language in the country?Can different people from across the country communicate without obstacles?
Everyone in India at least knows two language so communication isn't a problem.

You have an efficient government system so that your goods can enter and leave the customs in time instead of getting stuck in customs?
This gov has made attempts in removing road blocks when it comes to adminstration.

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dis Chinese nibba be raising some valid points.

No we don't have that great of a grid system right now but things will probably get better.
Water is not a problem anywhere in India except some draught hit region.

Dis we dont have any drainage system at all in some of our cities.

Modi been working on this.
Udaan, Inland wateray, Decicated freight corridor, Bharatmala, Sagarmala.

Everyone in India at least knows two language so communication isn't a problem.

This gov has made attempts in removing road blocks when it comes to adminstration.
In 2000 , China joined WTO , a lot of workers lose their job, a lot of factory bankrupted. But China endured.

In 2019 , India also have this opportunity ---- join ECRP , but India refused. India can't endure this big damage to its system .

You only see how many profit for China's join to the WTO is, but you don't see how much damage it suffered in the first few years of accession. My parents were also lost their job at that time, that was a really tough time.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I don't know much about how economic clock mechanism works but I'll try to put forward how I view Indian economy in light of self dependency.

When I say self Dependency I mean 90% of the end procuct value sourced in India itself throughout its manufacturing process, finance and marketing.

This I can break in several stages.

Raw Material: sourced in India
Processing: Processed in India
Processing Machiney and Infra: All sourced In India.
Marketing: Done by Indian firms.
Finance and Investment: Our Indian investors don't want to invest in our own home companies so Foreign companies find out the shining stars and invest in these and take a piece of the cake.

I'll take my own personal example.

My relative has a embroidery workshop.

The Raw material for the cloth are bought from local vendors.

The machine used here is this one and it costs some 35 lakhs.

The machines are all imported from China.
There was no Indian option.
The spare parts of this machine are also imported from China.

He has 15 of these in workshop so a cost of around 5.5 crore and up could be saved if there was an Indian option.

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't know much about how economic clock mechanism works but I'll try to put forward how I view Indian economy in light of self dependency.

When I say self Dependency I mean 90% of the end procuct value sourced in India itself throughout its manufacturing process, finance and marketing.

This I can break in several stages.

Raw Material: sourced in India
Processing: Processed in India
Processing Machiney and Infra: All sourced In India.
Marketing: Done by Indian firms.
Finance and Investment: Our Indian investors don't want to invest in our own home companies so Foreign companies find out the shining stars and invest in these and take a piece of the cake.

I'll take my own personal example.

My relative has a embroidery workshop.

The Raw material for the cloth are bought from local vendors.

The machine used here is this one and it costs some 35 lakhs.

The machines are all imported from China.
There was no Indian option.
The spare parts of this machine are also imported from China.

He has 15 of these in workshop so a cost of around 5.5 crore and up could be saved if there was an Indian option.

I'm not sure why are your relative purchase this machine so expensive , in the website , it cost about 94000RMB(940000Rupee) for 12 head machine.

Most of money was earned by India gov(tariff)?

https://detail.1688.com/offer/572553132052.html?spm=a26352.13672862.offerlist.97.314f1e62NGoBDC

https://s.1688.com/selloffer/offer_...%D4%B4%CC%D0%E5%BB%FA&n=y&netType=1%2C11%2C16

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I'm not sure why are your relative purchase this machine so expensive , in the website , it cost about 94000RMB(940000Rupee) for 12 head machine.

Most of money was earned by India gov(tariff)?

https://detail.1688.com/offer/572553132052.html?spm=a26352.13672862.offerlist.97.314f1e62NGoBDC

https://s.1688.com/selloffer/offer_...%D4%B4%CC%D0%E5%BB%FA&n=y&netType=1%2C11%2C16
The machine pic is only for representation prurpose it's not the same model and my uncle has 15 unit of these single machine.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles