Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Yeh kya bawasir bana diye!

Could not have they used the Maharaja in modern avatar??
Are these for real or some fanboy renders??

Seriously, looks like some kid designed this in MS Paint!
Ya'll Nibbiars See the Twitter the Bots are calling it a masterpiece and the some are falling for this.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Air India's New logo and Livery, Ghanta.

View attachment 217734

View attachment 217738

Ya'll Nibbiars looks like the Air India didn't had money to hire professionals Announcher so put one of the Air hostees as the announceher for today's events. This is not some Plane announcements damn it. See the audience reactions, priceless.

Did Ya'll noticed Aunty is wearing bindi, look like the Tanshiq effect is still on the Tata Group. LOL.

Vaidya Ji would be happy.

The Vistara revealing was a totally different beast altogether. Damn old Titan, Tata Motors PR were far ahead of it's time. This looks like a event organized by some Housing society.
Ya'll Nibbiars This is even worse.

View attachment 217743
Yeh kya bawasir bana diye!

Could not have they used the Maharaja in modern avatar??
Are these for real or some fanboy renders??

Seriously, looks like some kid designed this in MS Paint!
Ya'll Nibbiars See the Twitter the Bots are calling it a masterpiece and the some are falling for this.
Ya'll Nibbiars I find this UnImplemented Liveru better than this, the GOI management will incompetent, but we're much better than the current one in this regards. The Australian firm Cato Partners was commissioned to carry out a redesign of the Air India brand in the mid 2010's, but the change was never launched.

cato-partners-air-india-livery-change-1568x894.jpeg

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Very generic, and why the fuck is the belly colored with text?

who does that?
Looks ELLGeeBeeTeaKyu phriendly
Ya'll Nibbiars The

Ya'll Nibbiars The Interior are literally taken from the Jamnabai ka Kotha.

F3LVEz2a8AI6oL_.jpeg

F3LVEzubsAAZk8c.jpeg
F3LVnoUaMAA2ava.png

The Future brand's hired by the Tata first messed with the Ameriacn airlines, then the Malta Air along with other airlines and now the Air India. They are worthless bunch at the airlines branding.

images - 2023-08-10T231456.955.jpeg

images - 2023-08-10T231518.487.jpeg

shade

Country flag

Ericcson wants to eventually export from here, Nokia already does, Ciena and Cisco are setting up a manufacturing presence here with local partners.

RedHood108

Country flag
Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor

88% progress achieved on Eastern DFC till now - 1170 km section out of 1337 km is now ready.

From October, freight trains will be able to run uninterrupted on entire 1337 km EDFC from Son Nagar in Bihar to Ludhiana in Punjab

Freight trains will now be able to run at 100 kmph - will also help in decongesting the mainline for passenger trains.

AnantS

Country flag

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
I don’t think the government is this stupid. They must be very confident that pichwade mein laati works well for moving manufacturing into India, even the higher end ones like Canon from Malaysia and Thailand. Let’s wait and see. Smaller Electronics assembly plants are coming up even in my area - Lucknow-Kanpur belt. This was simply not possible earlier as the area massively lacked infra. LK expressway has been pending for 20 years. Only now it is getting completed along with the ring road. So if LK area can attract electronics manufacturers, then anything is possible.

Tejbrahmastra

Country flag
I don’t think the government is this stupid. They must be very confident that pichwade mein laati works well for moving manufacturing into India, even the higher end ones like Canon from Malaysia and Thailand. Let’s wait and see. Smaller Electronics assembly plants are coming up even in my area - Lucknow-Kanpur belt. This was simply not possible earlier as the area massively lacked infra. LK expressway has been pending for 20 years. Only now it is getting completed along with the ring road. So if LK area can attract electronics manufacturers, then anything is possible.
1691732232985.png

The government has been using various methods to attract foreign investment since its make in India scheme, most of which have largely failed or are only on paper. So in governments mind they have been showing carrot for too long and haven't achieved much success. I guess now they are using the stick's. Especially when the world i getting more de-globalized, no country will question these tactics anymore. While they may be good tactics, but we need a long term strategy for sustainable growth in manufacturing sector, which has kept on decreasing despite so many announcements and schemes!! I guess the MSMEs need to be given much more freedom for them to excel, only then can we have large manufacturing sectors. Few large industrial powerhouse may not work for such a large country like India.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
View attachment 217832
The government has been using various methods to attract foreign investment since its make in India scheme, most of which have largely failed or are only on paper. So in governments mind they have been showing carrot for too long and haven't achieved much success. I guess now they are using the stick's. Especially when the world i getting more de-globalized, no country will question these tactics anymore. While they may be good tactics, but we need a long term strategy for sustainable growth in manufacturing sector, which has kept on decreasing despite so many announcements and schemes!! I guess the MSMEs need to be given much more freedom for them to excel, only then can we have large manufacturing sectors. Few large industrial powerhouse may not work for such a large country like India.
This is why UP has policies like ODOP, film city, Bundelkhand defence manufacturing corridor etc. Everyone wants results overnight without understanding that infrastructure was built just 3-4 years ago. Even today, do you know the state of infrastructure in Kanpur? The voltage still fluctuates at peak time. A lot has to be done for cheap, stable electricity for manufacturing to thrive. UP gets a lot of power from Nepal hydroelectric projects and in dry seasons, the power supply is unstable. For industry you must have reliable, stable power. It is all being worked on. Will take some time.

shade

Country flag
No, they are bringing out dandas and spiked clubs.

Indian market is large enough to get these folks to atleast start assembly shops here, smartphone factories sprung up because of 20% import duty on CBU, muh PLI scheme came later since Xiaomeme and Oppo Vivo still assemble phones here despite not being part of PLI.

This import loicense drama is some babooze "genius"/last resort trick to get around ITA-1, which is why the mantri and official comms about this are all about "trusted supplier" deception, as if it's about showing red-eyes to the chinky :bplease: .

From assembly shops for domestic market additional carrots can be provided for exports, like it has been done with smartphones.
Once export scale is gained, from there the argument can be made, and additional carrots be provided to increase Indian-made subcomponents in the finished product.

Hopefully the suit-boot gadhas, oxen munch these carrots, and under the fear of the stick give our cart some good mileage :megusta:

In LATAM Brazil has assembly shops and a portion of the output goes to neighboring countries aside from consoomption of Brazil's 200mn strong populace.
In Mexico there are assembly shops and most of the output goes to US and Kaneda because of some FTA the three have.
In EU there are assembly shops in Pol*nd and Czech republic, and the output goes to the EU Big 5( akshually 4 since UK left ), once again EU is a massive Free Trade zone so...

shade

Country flag
View attachment 217832
It doesn't work for any country.
All your big industrial MNCs have a 1000 little MSME suppliers contributing to their products.

Here they are fixing the big industry portion via PLIs and import duty danda-wielding, but haven't seen any specific schemes paying attention to MSMEs or new entrepreneurs wanting to start a manufacturing business.

Currently big MNC mfgs come here and get their chinky suppliers to move too, but long-term our goal should be to replace chinky suppliers with Indian ones.

In a year you will see various articles about MSME owners in some cluster or the other doing RR about how bad the business is for them from cycle mfg industry somewhere in Punjab to Tirupur in TN where garment manufacturing happens.
Mostly it's because them being out-priced by ultra-cheap imports from you-know-where or input costs rising like in Tirupur( electricity, cotton )

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles