Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Crazywithmath

Country flag
the current term is already in final stretch, will GoI have time to implement anything substantial?
by the time this report comes out, it will at best be useful for public messaging.
They have already tightened the screws to an extent; from reducing allocations to a host of states and going against the recommendations of finance commissions to imposing 'arbitrary' criteria (termed ar reforms) before states gain borrow additional amounts - they have done it all. Why else are PB, KL, WB, Raj govts all crying? It is also why some states are increasingly salivating at the their respective PSUs (weird as it might sound; govt and PSU debts are calculated separately) but most state PSUs offer very limited scope to borrow big. I am almost craving to share an artice written by a certain INC inclined economist who was bashing the GoI left, right and centre for such below the belt blows but that article has just too much political mudslinging; hence refraining.

So all in all, I think creating such brand new frameworks are viewd as the logical next step by the GoI.

Last edited:

rithwik123

Country flag
SpiceJet's subsidiary SpiceXpress and Logistics get $100 million investment from UK-based group

The MoU also comes after a debt restructuring agreement between the carrier and aircraft lessor Carlyle Aviation Partner wherein the latter bought a stake in SpiceXpress at an anticipated future valuation of USD 1.5 billion (Rs 12,422 crore).

Kumata

Country flag
controversial but....

[1] Pay 20% TCS if you are sending money abroad. [2] Debt Mutual Funds are now on parity with FDs. [3] If you buy Real Estate, pay more taxes (Stamp Duty). [4] Don't buy physical gold because SGBs are better (presumably). [5] More taxes on trading income. So what's going on? It is simple: Either take more risk with your money (by investing in equities). Or put your money in 'paper money' (eg. eg Banks, SGBs, REITs), all these options leads to more paper money. This paper money will be lent to several politically aided businesses in the form of subsidised loans. Even if you are a GREAT investor and can make money via Equities, you can't really move it abroad (b/c more taxes) or buy 'REAL' assets (eg. Land, Physical Gold etc) without paying crazy taxes. All this is happening right in front of your eyes. But, most people won't get it, because economics & finance is complex.
Seems less to me at 42 % .. if we include GST .. certainly this will add another 12-14% basis points to this..
1684312222339.png

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Cabinet approves Production Linked Incentive Scheme – 2.0 for IT Hardware

Salient features:

• PLI Scheme 2.0 for IT hardware covers laptops, tablets, all-in-one PCs, servers and ultra small form factor devices
  • The budgetary outlay of the scheme is Rs. 17,000 crore
  • The tenure of this scheme is 6 years
  • Expected incremental production is Rs. 3.35 Lakh crore
  • Expected incremental investment is Rs. 2,430 crore
  • Expected incremental direct employment is 75,000

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Tesla is revisiting its plans to manufacture cars in India and plans to setup a Giga Factory here.. (Via Reuters) #Tesla #GigaFactory #MakeInIndia

SKC

Country flag

Tesla is revisiting its plans to manufacture cars in India and plans to setup a Giga Factory here.. (Via Reuters) #Tesla #GigaFactory #MakeInIndia

Tesla executives are going to Meet Politicians from India, Indonesia, France and South Korea.

Their sales will taper off in US and some parts of EU so they need new markets and possibilities for new plants.

India can be made exporter of RHD cars, but Tesla does not have the price point to be a hit in India.

sauntheninja

Country flag
Tesla executives are going to Meet Politicians from India, Indonesia, France and South Korea.

Their sales will taper off in US and some parts of EU so they need new markets and possibilities for new plants.

India can be made exporter of RHD cars, but Tesla does not have the price point to be a hit in India.
China already has a gigafactory and i have heard even Mexico is getting one doesn't make sense to export from here.

SKC

Country flag
China already has a gigafactory and i have heard even Mexico is getting one doesn't make sense to export from here.
Export of RHD versions.

Also, China plant is not making 2 of Tesla's cars.

Although I myself believe that it would a far-fetched idea to have Gigafactory in India. Indian market is not optimal market for Teslas.

NutCracker

Country flag
Export of RHD versions.

Also, China plant is not making 2 of Tesla's cars.

Although I myself believe that it would a far-fetched idea to have Gigafactory in India. Indian market is not optimal market for Teslas.

Last Friday’s revelation that Tesla would not be building Right Hand Drive versions of the Model X or Model S for any countries, including Australia, was met with a mixture of sadness and anger.

RHD only available with top selling Model 3 and Y maybe.

SKC

Country flag

RHD only available with top selling Model 3 and Y maybe.
RHD's biggest market is India only followed by Japan, UK, Australia, SA and Thailand. If sales can't come from India, then it does not make any sense to produce RHD for each model.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

AA raha hai line mai elon beta.

blackleaf

Country flag
If you had found substantial oil anywhere on Indian soil/water, we would have excavated it. No enviromental laws or Babus or NGOs would have prevented it. National enegy security dwarfs every other 'issues'. We simply don't have in economically feasible way. Any other explanation is just Khayali Pulao.
There could be Oil that we haven't found as yet.
If there is oil under the A&N islands then we would not know unless we do a survey and drill an exploration well. Guyana also used to import all its oil until it drilled exploration wells and found billions of barrels of oil.

Environmental laws that prevent surveys of exploration wells means we really don't know how much oil we have.

AnantS

Country flag
seems atleast chasis sourced from china's dongfeng

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles