Indian Economy: News and Discussion

abingdonboy

Country flag
Direct and indirectly yes, 1 million jobs will be sustained due to this deal.
Less than 10,000 for india?

flipping pathetic effort from the entire GoI- they talk a big talk but when it comes to it they weren’t able to leverage the largest aviation deal in history and the 3rd largest aviation market within the next 5 years to get even 1 assembled in india

no wonder macron and Biden suck up to Modi so much, they are making bank fulls worth of $$$ from this joker

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Why shouldn't I when he and his ministers were involved in this so-called 'private' deal? Opening an assembly line even if most components are still much better than importing whole aircrafts.
View attachment 193676
Ya'll Nibbiars The TAS could earn 5 to 6 billion dollars in ten years just assembling the Air India order in India, and would be three to four times larger if included others, The business case was there for the Tata, but needed Hugh subsidy from the GOI to stay profitable, margin is not that much great in the civilian aircraft manufacturing industry without any government subsidies. And as usual the GOI not taken the indicative.

SKC

Country flag
Why shouldn't I when he and his ministers were involved in this so-called 'private' deal? Opening an assembly line even if most components are still much better than importing whole aircrafts.
View attachment 193676
Assembly line koi dahi hai kya jo tumhare kehne se jam kayegi India mai??

Airbus has entity in China because china became manufacturing hub of the world a decade back.

You are expecting each and every company to have plant in India irrespective of fact whether those company have a plant here or not.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

flipping pathetic effort from the entire GoI- they talk a big talk but when it comes to it they weren’t able to leverage the largest aviation deal in history and the 3rd largest aviation market within the next 5 years to get even 1 assembled in india

no wonder macron and Biden suck up to Modi so much, they are making bank fulls worth of $$$ from this joker
Don't ask him what happened to the Airbus helicopter plant promise in Dholera, even the C-295 deal has out of 56 only 40 to be assembled in India rest imported from wherever its made in Europe.

abingdonboy

Country flag
There were reports in Jan that goi is trying to get an assembly plant here but God knows it materialize or not
They’ve been trying since 2015 (when modi visited Europe), if there was any such plans it would’ve been announced today. Radio silence on this part tells you everything

France, U.K. (engines) and US sides are all publicly celebrating today online. Indian industry has nothing to be pleased about. Not even token localisation was announced.

the US got Airbus to setup a factory in the US for the A320 family by threatening tariffs, China also.

of the top 3 aviation markets by 2030 india will be the only one without local assembly of even narrow bodies

Make in india my a$$

jai jaganath

Country flag

There is a famous talk about our pm
He is a guy who roams for respect and dignity
If anyone gives him then he becomes bit obliged and this has helped external agencies and offices to formulate strategies on how to make him obey

abingdonboy

Country flag
Don't ask him what happened to the Airbus helicopter plant promise in Dholera, even the C-295 deal has out of 56 only 40 to be assembled in India rest imported from wherever its made in Europe.
Spain.

40+16 was always the clause (when started originally under UPA) can’t begrudge that at all.

but this is what’s even more pathetic and embarrassing about this deal- TATA group has this vertical with Airbus in india and wasn’t interested in leveraging it to localise their own manufacturing

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Assembly line koi dahi hai kya jo tumhare kehne se jam kayegi India mai??

Airbus has entity in China because china became manufacturing hub of the world a decade back.

You are expecting each and every company to have plant in India irrespective of fact whether those company have a plant here or not.
They can build a plant for 40 small C295 but not for hundreds of passenger jets?
And what kind of manufacturing hub was China in 2008? India's 2023 GDP and China's 2007-08 GDP are very similar. Don't give silly excuses.
1676393946427.png

SKC

Country flag
You guys are living in a fantasy world of yours. You are expecting an Assembly line for a Big Airlines in India where parts from outside will come, and we will stitch together Airline in India!!

Come out of your fantasy and enter the reality. This industry required heavy money which no single Private player could afford to spend, and you are then expecting Govt to spend whole amount from their own pocket.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Spain.

40+16 was always the clause (when started originally under UPA) can’t begrudge that at all.

but this is what’s even more pathetic and embarrassing about this deal- TATA group has this vertical with Airbus in india and wasn’t interested in leveraging it to localise their own manufacturing
Ya'll Nibbiars The TAS was but as usual the GOI was lacking when giving subsidies. The Civilian Aircraft Manufacturing can't exist without the government supports. The margins are extremely tight.

You guys are living in a fantasy world of yours. You are expecting an Assembly line for a Big Airlines in India where parts from outside will come, and we will stitch together Airline in India!!

Come out of your fantasy and enter the reality. This industry required heavy money which no single Private player could afford to spend, and you are then expecting Govt to spend whole amount from their own pocket.
Ya'll Nibbiars TAS, but without Hugh government support not possible. Margins are not that great compared to the investments.

SKC

Country flag
They can build a plant for 40 small C295 but not for hundreds of passenger jets?
And what kind of manufacturing hub was China in 2008? India's 2023 GDP and China's 2008 GDP are very similar. Don't give silly excuses.
View attachment 193677
China was already a manufacturing hub back in early 2000s leave alone 2008. They surpassed Japan by mid of 2000 and started growing rapidly thereafter.

You call roll your points together and shove it in your back.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
China was already a manufacturing hub back in early 2000s leave alone 2008. They surpassed Japan by mid of 2000 and started growing rapidly thereafter.

You call roll your point and shove it in your back.
No it wasn't especially considering the fact that the investment for the plant was made few years before completion, when Tianjin plant was opened their economy size and India's current economic size are similar.

If you don't have any valid points then stop quoting me IT Cell coolie.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The TAS was but as usual the GOI was lacking when giving subsidies. The Civilian Aircraft Manufacturing can't exist without the government supports. The margins are extremely tight.
Obviously.

Boeing and Airbus get huge support from their respective govts

All these PLIs announced and no interest in something similar to get a % of the largest aviation deal in history for india? Wasn’t modi personally there when the TASL-Airbus plant in GJ had its foundation laid?

a truly historic L for india and this PM/Govt. I’m actually shocked at how little economic benefits were presented as part of BOTH deals. I was expecting something, not even a token project was presented

SKC

Country flag
No it wasn't especially considering the fact that the investment for the plant was made few years before completion, when Tianjin plant was opened their economy size and India's current economic size are similar.

If you don't have any valid points then stop quoting me IT Cell coolie.
Do you find Indian situation same as China? How the SEZ were created in China do you find anything comparable here?
You always run back to rhetoric. It appears you are from a certain IT cell instead of me.

abingdonboy

Country flag

You call roll your points together and shove it in your back.
It really doesn’t matter

within the next 5 years india will be in the top 3 largest aviation markets in the world, it is the fastest growing aviation market in the world already. Boeing/Airbus forecast >2000 airliners for just india within the next 15-20 years so any manufacturing would be setup with this in mind.

being unable to leverage this mammoth market into local assembly is truly pathetic. Nothing to do with China.

SKC

Country flag
Obviously.

Boeing and Airbus get huge support from their respective govts

All these PLIs announced and no interest in something similar to get a % of the largest aviation deal in history for india? Wasn’t modi personally there when the TASL-Airbus plant in GJ had its foundation laid?

a truly historic L for india and this PM/Govt. I’m actually shocked at how little economic benefits were presented as part of BOTH deals. I was expecting something, not even a token project was presented
What is the ideal economic benefit govt should have provided? and what did they actually offered?

Please provide the real data not just your remarks here. If no one showed up in this PLI then should govt put gun in the mouth of Ambay or Adani to force them open a factory here for airline assembly.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Do you find Indian situation same as China? How the SEZ were created in China do you find anything comparable here?
You always run back to rhetoric. It appears you are from a certain IT cell instead of me.
I don't after Lookz and feelz, your ad hominem attacks won't make a point. Now stop quoting me.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
And still quoting all my posts and telling me you are not bothered!

Does not add up!
The shear desperation to quote me to post crap and then come up with poor comebacks :lol:.
The shear desperation to quote me to post crap and then come up with poor comebacks! :rofl:
Keep on embarrassing yourself IT Cell coolie, take the L.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles