Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Nice thread on quality control issues in Indian manufacturing due to incompetent labor force. This is what happens when 1/3rd of your kids are stunted and don't have full cognitive development. Remember 33% is current stunting rate, for current workforce, when they were kids over 50% were stunted. No wonder why even with high school attendance (99% of kids) we have low actual learning rates.

karn

Country flag
Nice thread on quality control issues in Indian manufacturing due to incompetent labor force. This is what happens when 1/3rd of your kids are stunted and don't have full cognitive development. Remember 33% is current stunting rate, for current workforce, when they were kids over 50% were stunted. No wonder why even with high school attendance (99% of kids) we have low actual learning rates.

Has nothing to do with stunting or whatever.
Even farm labour is hard to come by . The dude who does domestic help work at my parents place owns 12 Acres of land he would rather work as domestic help than to hire people in his home state and get some farming done.. Can't trust the workers at all . Another friend of mine is the same situation but that guy has a white collar job so that is more understandable.
I've seen folks cry on this very thread about how owners and managers mistreat workers because we have no rule of law or whatever... well there is a flipside to everything.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Friendly reminder. The number of large factories Besht CM Yogi has brought in outside Gautham budhh district is probably still in single digits. 0 new industrial parks built, but people want him to be the next PM. LOL. I would rather have Stalin as the PM. At least the dravidian stocks bring in new factories every month.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Uttar Pradesh govt decided to build India's 1st education township after meeting with Deloitte to explore ways to make UP a $1 trillion economy.

The education township will be developed on the idea of 'Single Entry, Multiple Exit'.
Which basically means you come with 0 skills but can choose any skill and get trained into multiple skills, hence multiple exists.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
GoI should bring PLI for companies to reduce their HR personnel and Project Managers.

We can then send these useless employees to Yogi Ji's education township for upskilling. Dono taraf se fayda hi fayda. :devious::devious:

Only way India can become $10 trillion by 2030 (at current prices).

:india2::india2:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Their are lot of techno-legal issue with this project especially with regard to inheritance, ownership and tenancy resulting family squabbles.
Even one case is enough to stall the project.
This exists in all redevelopment projects across the country and within mumbai itself, yet many slum redevelopment projects have been undertaken and completed including in mumbai.

Dharavi is a special case because of the scale.

SKC

Country flag
GoI should bring PLI for companies to reduce their HR personnel and Project Managers.

We can then send these useless employees to Yogi Ji's education township for upskilling. Dono taraf se fayda hi fayda. :devious::devious:

Only way India can become $10 trillion by 2030 (at current prices).

:india2::india2:
In my company HR division simply the most useless workforce. HR literally has no say in any process and they follow what Project managers and SDM tell them to do so.

One time one of my project member got bad appraisal review despite working good. He called HR for discussion. The HR came and instead of sitting with the guy sat with the PM and started grilling the guy instead.

SKC

Country flag
This exists in all redevelopment projects across the country and within mumbai itself, yet many slum redevelopment projects have been undertaken and completed including in mumbai.

After redevelopment of slums the so called Non-Slum Chawls also needs to be redeveloped. They look pathetic among the High rise buildings built around them.

So many of the chawls are 70-100 yr old and are in pathetic conditions.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
True.
Couple of other reason
  1. Lack of proper documentation
  2. Lot of commercial activities. Lot of textile manufacturing, plastic goods manufacturing, glass manufacturing, iron works, etc. takes place in Dharavi
  3. Legacy issue due to long tenancy
  4. Lack of proper infrastructure (including transport infrastructure)

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
In my company HR division simply the most useless workforce. HR literally has no say in any process and they follow what Project managers and SDM tell them to do so.

One time one of my project member got bad appraisal review despite working good. He called HR for discussion. The HR came and instead of sitting with the guy sat with the PM and started grilling the guy instead.
HR is not their to help you. HR is to relive the management and PM from the burden of man-management and employee problems.
From management's point of view they are important.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles