Indian Economy: News and Discussion

angryIndian

Country flag
Muh automation, muh job loss and shieet ............. :lehappy:

Automation has not matured enough to replace skilled jobs after all neural network's capabilities are barely 5% of human brains capability.But where it is having a devastating impact is the industrial sector where most of the semi and unskilled people work.I have written a lot about it in previous posts.

But don't live under any illusion that they won't catch up to replace skilled workforce,they will eventually do in the near future .

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag

tribendra bisoi

Former NSE ceo apparently compromised by someone larping as a yogi.

I can't get my head around this.
How big could this have become if the larper was an isi or Chinese asset?

now imagine if a army general takes decision based on astrology . I am all for religion as long as it connects u to the land , provides mental and physical stability by meditation , yoga .. provides philosophy to life so tht u dnt get depressed .. Anything beyond that is a sign of trouble .. Specially this baba culture is a big burden in current times .. Does nt help great spiritual masters like Budha , jaina , shankaracharya , basabha , Ramanuja etc took birth here .. This weakness has been exploited by many con men .
There shd be psychometric test of people crossing middle age .. All trouble disenchantment with life begins there .

indiatester

Country flag
Former NSE ceo apparently compromised by someone larping as a yogi.

I can't get my head around this.
How big could this have become if the larper was an isi or Chinese asset?

Its a Chidambara Rahasyam! :troll:

indiatester

Country flag
now imagine if a army general takes decision based on astrology . I am all for religion as long as it connects u to the land , provides mental and physical stability by meditation , yoga .. provides philosophy to life so tht u dnt get depressed .. Anything beyond that is a sign of trouble .. Specially this baba culture is a big burden in current times .. Does nt help great spiritual masters like Budha , jaina , shankaracharya , basabha , Ramanuja etc took birth here .. This weakness has been exploited by many con men .
There shd be psychometric test of people crossing middle age .. All trouble disenchantment with life begins there .
It was not based on astrology dude...

sauntheninja

Country flag
Automation has not matured enough to replace skilled jobs after all neural network's capabilities are barely 5% of human brains capability.But where it is having a devastating impact is the industrial sector where most of the semi and unskilled people work.I have written a lot about it in previous posts.

But don't live under any illusion that they won't catch up to replace skilled workforce,they will eventually do in the near future .
Do checkout stuff like GitHub co-pilot which can write some code for you it's still very early though but stuff like that can eliminate need for engineers writing simple crud

Concard

Country flag
Do checkout stuff like GitHub co-pilot which can write some code for you it's still very early though but stuff like that can eliminate need for engineers writing simple crud
That's non sense. Today's AI can automate some tedious and repeated tasks. That's how far we have gotten. The fact in order for these algorithms to get better we need to train them on massive amount of data pretty means there is a fundamental limitation as to how much you can improve them.

mokoman

Country flag

:hmm: impressive how someone smart can be stupid

some clown fooled chief of NSE into thinking he is a Himalayan yogi that can vanish and appear at will

:dude: remindes me of a certain "yogi" predicting a certain thing on 30.06.2022

article is not talking about AI or deep learning or anything like that . its something called RPA .

simple rule based software for automating tasks , something like verifying whether a customer in bank is complying with all required laws like KYC , ph no , email , tax laws or what ever else is needed .

Crazywithmath

Country flag

For the n-th time, automation leads to more jobs than it 'destroys'. Also, automation in labour intensive sectors is still not cost competitive w.r.t. to manual labour. Automation does not merely create or destroy jobs; only transformation takes place. There are detailed studies and papers on that issue but leave it, you wouldn't care anyway! Such rants remind me of the protests of the Bengal commies; those morons used to protest against induction of computers every now and then. Growing up in the southern fringes of Kolkata; I witnessed enough of their shithousery.

Last edited:

thebakofbakchod

While the ABG shipyard saga is fucked up and the fucker should be hanged to prove a point, Gujarat government still got a better end of the deal if this doesnt lie on paper. ArcelorMittal-Nippon steel is heavily rumoured to acquire the shipyard and upgrade it. The plot of land is only 5km from their existing Essar steel plant plot which they took over in 2017. ACM-NP steel is proposing to invest a whopping INR 1.2 trillion ($15 billion) into Surat district's Hazira region. The breakdown is as follows.

The MoU was signed in the presence of state Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel in Gandhinagar. As per the pact signed by both parties, the steel giant will invest ₹4,200 crore for the expansion and modernisation of their captive jetty in Hazira and ₹45,000 crore to increase the Hazira plant's steel production capacity from the current 8.6 MMTPA to 18 MMTPA.

The firm will be investing ₹30,000 crore to expand their facility at Suvali in Surat and ₹30,000 crore to develop Surat steel city and industrial cluster at Kidiabet in Surat, the statement read.

In addition, the firm will pump in ₹17,000 crore in a "downstream coke oven" project at Hazira in Surat, said the statement.

+ other renewable projects

They are already on a huge land acquisition spree in Surat district so this might not be one of those bogus MOUs.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Will accelerate the brain drain
Nope, it's fine to let them set up shops. Cheenis do it, a lot of ASEAN nations do it as well. Foreign collab, that too on Indian soil, is a welcome step. I wonder how UGC babus will interfere though. NEP proposed a single uniform body to watch over such institutions; have not heard anything on its progress yet.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Looks like reliance is getting into logistics sector too and that too quite deeply , that's a huge order to be given in a single go
Its good that our brands are looking inwards, unlike TATA acquiring foreign companies for the sake of profits rather than shifting them here and bringing jobs and expertise here, for example TATA acquired Jaguar Land Rover, none of them made here and jobs are still in the UK.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles