Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Physx32

Country flag
Phir wahi circular discussion- low tax base, high tax rates, populism, tax terrorism blah blah blah
Apne life mein kisi ko change chahiye to move to the West. We'll see the changes, if lucky, only after 2-3 decades
That's why we need to increase manufacturing and become export oriented country. We need to do the same thing which China (and all east Asian countries) did ie. produce cheap, lower quality products to capture market share. That's the best way to generate employment for millions of people.

Of course, govt won't do anything revolutionary, instead we'll watch every east Asian country get richer.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
I think it's worthwhile for people to understand how banking establishments basically became established. The short version of the long story which I am trying to learn is that christian religion forbids loaning money for interest. But this means its hard to have economic activity. christian kings would rely on jews to be money people. They provided no valuable service except loaning money for interest (it's interesting to learn what would happen to them when they became too rich, sometimes even more wealthy than the king).

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
That's why we need to increase manufacturing and become export oriented country. We need to do the same thing which China (and all east Asian countries) did ie. produce cheap, lower quality products to capture market share. That's the best way to generate employment for millions of people.

Of course, govt won't do anything revolutionary, instead we'll watch every east Asian country get richer.
Ya'll Nibbiars need pure export focused PLI. Bhaade mein jaye WTO. Who kya tumko nakuri ya perhaps nahi Bharne wal hai. He'll with the WTO it's better to be a WTO manipulators than being a WTO victims.

another_armchair

Country flag

When an IIT'ian can get elected on the promise of free electricity, free water, free bus & metro rides for women, you know where we are headed.

Modi ridiculed UPA as a 'dole' ki sarkaar... but became one of the biggest 'dole+dhol' ki sarkaar.

Apne ko chahiye sab muft bhai... attendance ka paisa milna chahiye.

My uncle was a very influential union leader. When I hear him talk, I feel like throwing him out of my home.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
If they cut taxes, won't govt revenue decline?
Why is it ok for the government to demand money from it's citizens, but it's not ok for citizens to demand to be able to keep more of their money? The government should reduce it's spending so that it CAN cut taxes and allow it's people to spend their money the way they want to spend it

Crazywithmath

Country flag
When an IIT'ian can get elected on the promise of free electricity, free water, free bus & metro rides for women, you know where we are headed.

Modi ridiculed UPA as a 'dole' ki sarkaar... but became one of the biggest 'dole+dhol' ki sarkaar.

Apne ko chahiye sab muft bhai... attendance ka paisa milna chahiye.

My uncle was a very influential union leader. When I hear him talk, I feel like throwing him out of my home.
Modi has been extremely extremely fiscally conservative though; perhaps needlessly so considering a pandemic like disruption. And agri subsidy as a percentage of GDP is on a secular decline; not sure how the point on 'dole' holds..........

Physx32

Country flag
Why is it ok for the government to demand money from it's citizens, but it's not ok for citizens to demand to be able to keep more of their money? The government should reduce it's spending so that it CAN cut taxes and allow it's people to spend their money the way they want to spend it
I'm not against your idea, I was just asking. Anyways, I thought you meant indirect taxes and corporate tax.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Fuel Tax was another tamaha increased the petrol prices from 80 to 115 due to the world wide increase along with taxes. And then reduced by just 15 rupees.

This tamasha of not getting the fule under the GST is the weakness of the GOI towards the state governments.

another_armchair

Country flag
If they cut taxes, won't govt revenue decline?
If taxes go down, expect indirect taxes to go up.

Govt. reaped a bounty when oil prices were low. They had better STFU now and not bother about oil PSU's bottom lines. They anyway roll in a ton of money and their accounting practices including that of upstream companies like ONGC, GAIL super dubious.

Anyways, compensating states for GST ends this year right? That should leave some money with Tai to juggle her precarious finances.

Anyways, looks like covid has gone full retard and we could be back to April-May like situation or probably much worse by Feb-March. God knows what will happen post elections.

Haldilal

Country flag
If taxes go down, expect indirect taxes to go up.

Govt. reaped a bounty when oil prices were low. They had better STFU now and not bother about oil PSU's bottom lines. They anyway roll in a ton of money and their accounting practices including that of upstream companies like ONGC, GAIL super dubious.

Anyways, compensating states for GST ends this year right? That should leave some money with Tai to juggle her precarious finances.

Anyways, looks like covid has gone full retard and we could be back to April-May like situation or probably much worse by Feb-March. God knows what will happen post elections.
Ya'll Nibbiars Sab kuch Ram bharose chal raha hai. No more lock downs please. The economy can't stress another full scale lock down.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Sab kuch Ram bharose chal raha hai. No more lock downs please. The economy can't stress another full scale lock down.
I have a reasonable degree of confidence that Delta was re-engineered in a lab (aka the "Indian variant"). It's recently come out that a Moderna patent was discovered in the Covid sequence by IIT scientists

Haldilal

Country flag
I have a reasonable degree of confidence that Delta was re-engineered in a lab (aka the "Indian variant"). It's recently come out that a Moderna patent was discovered in the Covid sequence by IIT scientists
Ya'll Nibbiars The Mleechas has won this rounds.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars In North Karnataka is in tense the economy has seen a dip. People goes less out spend much less and the shop are also seeing deep. The rural economy is already in stress. No lockdowns or else is another year with reduced growth.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The PLI is the most important things that helping the industry to be floating and the exports tos substrate the decrease domestic expenditures or else.

sauntheninja

Country flag
Lol the delta variant happened during an time when we thought we had defeated covid and everyone went along with their lives as normal no shame in admitting that

another_armchair

Country flag
Lockdown ka toh pata nahi magar lakdi ki kaafi zaroorat padegi bhai.

80+ cases in my apartment complex.. quite a few floors fully sealed.. most started on an optimistic note but hospitalizations have begun. Nearly every alternate day someone from BBMP comes and demands a bribe or threatens .... 'seal kar dunga'.

East ka kaafi bura haal hai..Bengal, Jharkhand.. nearly every relative I have spoken to is ill.. my relatives had come from abroad.. they got covid too in a week to ten days of arriving here.. flight cancellation drama and what not. Kya chal raha hai? Delta.

Lockdown to nahi hoga magar drama bharpoor chalega..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles