Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Do You guys know PV Narsimha Rao learnt programming too after he became PM.
When he became PM his son was a Software Engineer in Silicon Valley. He was not happy with the manual systems everywhere in India and asked his son if he can send one PC to him with some manuals to learn and operate one.

His son sent some Programming manuals too with basic manuals. PVNR then learnt to operate a computer and became a good programmer too all by himself, self taught at home.

He was flabbergasted by the PC and most of his decision in 90s were influenced by his experience with that PC.
Ya'll Nibbiars and our Hardware Industry's taken a down turn after that. Should have made scheme and programmers to make them competitive. But what happend was a open of the sector with no Representation of the Indian OEM's.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars and our Hardware Industry's taken a down turn after that. Should have made scheme and programmers to make them competitive. But what happend was a open of the sector with no Representation of the Indian OEM's.
After his interaction with the PC sent from US, he made up his mind that Indian companies are no good and far behind foreign ones and opened the market completely for foreign OEMs and companies.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars you have heard most of the PSU's are under performers but there are some like the Power Finance Corporation of India, Indian Telephone Industry Limited, Telecommunications Consultants India Limited, Engineers India Limited, ONGC which performs better than many private sector firm's. This can be sponned off's by giving a majority share to employees and turned into Private sectors firm's like the L & T. If can't entire sell the firm's to the private sectors atleast selling the firm's to the employees for right price is option's.

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars you have heard most of the PSU's are under performers but there are some like the Power Finance Corporation of India, Indian Telephone Industry Limited, Telecommunications Consultants India Limited, Engineers India Limited, ONGC which performs better than manu private sector firm's. This acn be spanned iff's by giving a majority share to employer's and turned into Privet sectors firm's like the L & T. If can't entire sell the firm's to the private sectors atleast selling the firm's to the employees for right price is option's.
PSU employees: Lahore via Kuwait! Strike!

Haldilal

Country flag
PSU employees: Lahore via Kuwait! Strike!
Ya'll Nibbjars selling partly to the employees, General Share holders and Finances Institution's can cause less political countervesries than to selling it to the Private Sector. Atleast the Navaratnas and Miniratnas PSU's . The Maharatnas is are different altogether.

sauntheninja

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Instead they are actually doing really good. Their home electronics business is doing great and contrary to your claim their products are more modern and visually pleasing then Samsung, LG and other western companies.
Guess I'll buy Godrej washing machine then.
Really good to see Indian companies doing well.
I guess only the chipset of the machine is imported.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars for front load IFB and for Top load Godrej.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars already discussed that the Bangladesh, Sri Lanka has protective Trade Policies. But the Mongolain nationalist dosen't understand It's. What the use of Infrastructure and FTA when we can't even enter there?. Want more firm's like Atlas to cease like how the Communist destroyed The Jute and Cotton industries?.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ya'll Nibbiars you have heard most of the PSU's are under performers but there are some like the Power Finance Corporation of India, Indian Telephone Industry Limited, Telecommunications Consultants India Limited, Engineers India Limited, ONGC which performs better than many private sector firm's. This can be sponned off's by giving a majority share to employees and turned into Private sectors firm's like the L & T. If can't entire sell the firm's to the private sectors atleast selling the firm's to the employees for right price is option's.
Generally I believe PSU underperform because they have no one to answer which may just be true.

Make PSU-Employees Role In-Company Underperform-Gov Decided to close-Protest-Gov revokes decision-Losess keep piling up.

I'm not gonna lie I only know PSU on surface level from reading Wikipedia and News Articles so I don't know if there are other factors involved.

Is there some PSU laws and General management layout for this a available for reading?

Maybe @indus can help he knows about this stuff.

SKC

Country flag
For chipset too , many companies buy the silicon motherboard without any other parts from China but builds the complete chipset themselves according to their use case which is fine for me.

Apart from Godrej, IFB is great too. Voltas is also good for AC.

Haldilal

Country flag
Generally I believe PSU underperform because they have no one to answer which may just be true.

Make PSU-Employees Role In-Company Underperform-Gov Decided to close-Protest-Gov revokes decision-Losess keep piling up.

I'm not gonna lie I only know PSU on surface level from reading Wikipedia and News Articles so I don't know if there are other factors involved.

Is there some PSU laws and General management layout for this a available for reading?

Maybe @indus can help he knows about this stuff.
Ya'll Nibbiars no general layout. Slow decision making as there is no accountability. The sale out is the only viable options remaining. Air India, BSNL, BPCL, HPCL. They all have to face or facing higher debt's.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles