Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
but it has cleared the army trials don't blame drdo for this it is not a mass production agency.
But someone is !!! And that someone is not Army ... the blame must rest somewhere .... I am talking of a full ten-page discussion on it in the forum six months ago... How can everything hibernate the NAG way....

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
First time in 20 years I have seen a pic of 6 jawans wearing identical Battle Uniform Dress with identical accessories & battle equipment.
Learn to differentiate between an "Operations Photo" and a "Photo Operations"...

arkos

Country flag
Are CRPF wearing bpjs or are those plate carriers ? Sorry for my novice question.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
IA 50RR in action

NVG Mount on PATKA

K9
I don’t understand the Hate some people give to the Patka Helmet. It’s so Unique and Awesome. It is my personal opinion that India should keep it in service but just Modernize the Materials and over all look of the helmet with the addition of accessories.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
I find it very odd that QRT soldiers dont wear bullet protection Neck & Shoulder attachments. It may be heavy & uncomfortable for normal patrols but when soldiers are going into fire fights they should wear neck & shoulder protection plates.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
If true, it's a first in a long time. Usually RR teamed with JKP-SOG do all the work. Although its still probable that JKP-SOG did all the work and CRPF gets 'mentioned' to boost their morale because they lost a couple of folks a few days back.
RR is the First Inner Layer of the Cordon, J&K Police SOG is the second layer and CRPF is the Third Protecting the Outer Layer of the Cordon by securing the Parameter around the Encounter Zone. RR along with J&K Police SOG does the most of the encountering while CRPF and Riot Police Units of J&K Police is tasked with protecting the First and Second layers the RR and SOG Troopers From Stone Pelters and other Civilian OGW Jihadis. CRPF also acts if the cordon is broken through by the Jihadis. Most of the Time CRPF doesn’t involve themselves in the encounter but only if the cordon is some how broken and the Jihadis are trying to escape into local population.

Last edited:

Craigs

Country flag
I find it very odd that QRT soldiers dont wear bullet protection Neck & Shoulder attachments. It may be heavy & uncomfortable for normal patrols but when soldiers are going into fire fights they should wear neck & shoulder protection plates.
I have requested Stark industries for a quote for iron man suits for the soldiers. That is what we need, not these diapers we hang piece by piece.

Personally I believe a good light weight ballistic shield and some bpj (around the groin and abdomen) is all we need.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I don’t understand the Hate some people give to the Patka Helmet. It’s so Unique and Awesome. It is my personal opinion that India should keep it in service but just Modernize the Materials and over all look of the helmet with the addition of accessories.
First, It is very heavy on the head. annoying and induces headache.
Secondly, it is not suitable for the safest and most common firing position - the laying Position when the upper skull of a soldier is likely to be exposed to firing and slinters.
It is not suitable for house intervention drills where soldiers can face bullets fired from the top.

Pataka is is good for you particularly when you have some cover in front

1589992698705.png

Patka not good for this position. When bullets fly towards you even the head starts kissing mother earth.

1589992770073.png

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Head, neck, shoulder is most exposed. QRT teams don't have to patrol, walk far or carry heavy back packs. Hence they can wear Head, shoulder, neck protection. They can use Ceramics plates, which are much lighter than metal plates.

We have slowly started seeing hand held jugaad metal shields/sheets after 20 years of Insurgency. Even these jugaad needs to be replaced by proper metal backed ceramic shields.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles