Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
They are collecting content for upcoming atrocity literature.............
If was commander , I woulld ask one of my loyal men lo lay hidden IED . After such few incidents they will understand

Craigs

Country flag
High explosive incendiary ammo?
I'm asking because I what to know why they can't be used/are not being used.
High explosive incendiary ammo are more expensive than bullets/flame thrower. Also, high risk of collateral damage. A napalm bomb does not discriminate.

itsme

Country flag
Apparently in some recent encounter one of the LET tango killed is an actor from Haider movie. Can anyone confirm this?

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Apparently in some recent encounter one of the LET tango killed is an actor from Haider movie. Can anyone confirm this?
Yep. Its true.
Worked in ‘Haider’
Saqib Bilal, who was killed in an encounter, had done a small role in the Shahid Kapoor starrer

BY BOLLYWOOD JOURNALIST
12 Dec 2018

One of the slain terrorists killed in an encounter with the Indian security forces in Kashmir has been identified as a Bollywood actor. Saqib Bilal acted in a very small role in Vishal Bharadwaj's film #Haider, which had Tabu and Shahid Kapoor in lead roles.

Saqib's body has been identified as one of the militants killed at the Mujgund encounter on the outskirts of Srinagar. Saqib and his friend Mudasir Parray went missing from their home in Bandipora in Hajin district on August 31. Parray was a footballer. Then they joined Lashkar, a terrorist organisation. They were killed on Sunday after an 18-hour-long gun-battle with Indian security forces.

Upon inquiry, they were found to be working for a Pakistani militant commander, Ali Bhai. Ali was also killed in the encounter. “He wanted to be an engineer. He loved football and acting,” his grief-stricken father Bilal Ahmad Sheikh told News18. “He would never talk about militancy or the conflict. His life was filled with his own adventures.”

His father informed that Saqib was quite famous in his village after acting in the film. In fact, in the film, he plays a teenager who is caught in a quagmire of conflict between independence and militancy. Strangely the reel life role became the real-life fate for Saqib.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
@indiatester Watch these videos
I liked the way Army killed Samir pig. They flushed him out by burning that house and sniper did the rest.
But every time it is not possible. Because during last encounter Army had to engage 3-4 homes that means exact location was not known and all 3 pigs were firing from different locations. It is required to go as close as possible in order to burn the house while covering yourself at the same time. So it depends on particular situation.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
A team of Army’s 22 RR ( Punjab Regiment ) , Special Operation Group of Police (SOG), CRPF 179, 92BN Wadoora and QRT Baramulla had jointly launched a search operation in this afternoon in the area following the inputs about the presence of militants there.
48357800_209592399916967_6801734823850278912_n.jpg
48368225_209592429916964_2967218529134182400_n.jpg
48377534_209592533250287_3304742150452805632_n.jpg
48343452_342117773273478_3748511833766494208_n.jpg
48120814_342117806606808_5365614046307418112_n.jpg
48374463_1920598327987280_8088936767274614784_n.jpg
47688361_1920598394653940_1761189938595889152_n.jpg
48394924_1920598471320599_4320075524488560640_n.jpg
48210567_1295019313974144_6796777791640567808_n.jpg
48390825_1295007707308638_724489609068675072_o.jpg

Chinmoy

Country flag
Hey, has anyone watched this. Is it just me that this feels really embarrassing?
I mean it's good we got training from Israelis ,but couldn't we get the basics from NSG ? and then bring in the Israelis for more .
It just makes me feel and i hope that I am wrong but maybe our SFs though as tough and motivated as they come might be severely lagging in as the Israeli operator says in education and innovative techniques and ofcourse technolgy
This was post 26/11. Even our NSG was not well trained for such Urban CQB at that time. They too undergone training in Israel post this. But then again you have to understand the difference in between India and Israel in terms of threat perception.

Mumbai was the first event where we experienced urban battle of any kind. Generally its always been in Jungle of Chattisgarh or North East and remote villages of Kashmir valley. So we are better trained for those regions. Whereas for Israelis, urban combat is day to day affair because of their experience in Gaza.

Again you can't expect NSG or any other SF guys of ours to involve in training of State police which comes under state home ministry and not even central home ministry. Bureaucratic hurdles were always in place. Although after that we have seen massive improvements in state police too in matter of equipment and training. Now NSG does regularly train state police and they too have formed QRT or SWAT team.

One learns from experience.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Hey, guys I have a question In case of a terrorist attack in Mumbai which unit is supposed to respond and take over counter terror operations FORCE ONE or NSG , as NSG has a base there now and very small response time.
Force one....NSG is for extremities and specific mission.

But first response would be from Force One only.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Hey, guys I have a question In case of a terrorist attack in Mumbai which unit is supposed to respond and take over counter terror operations FORCE ONE or NSG , as NSG has a base there now and very small response time.
Mumbai police/fire department first responders.
Force one is second responders.
NSG is the final responders.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
First responders I get it to assess the situation fire department/Mumbai police team but if it's confirmed terrorist attack why will they go for force one wouldn't it result in delay if terrorists are well trained. Force one can be used as assault team for Mumbai police to catch these goons, don's , criminals etc
Because once the force one has taken over the operation won't they hesitate to let NSG take over ,it will hurt their ego ,it's natural.
I mean this ego problem exists even among the branches of INDIAN ARMY.
I am not saying force one is not good enough ,I am just saying after a permanent base of NSG in Mumbai there is no problem of delay as there was during 26/11 ,so their operational responsibility overlaps now.
I’m saying so because NSG chain of command is longer than force one.

Force one is directly under Mumbai police commissioner.

rkhanna

Country flag
Hey, has anyone watched this. Is it just me that this feels really embarrassing?
I mean it's good we got training from Israelis ,but couldn't we get the basics from NSG ? and then bring in the Israelis for more .
It just makes me feel and i hope that I am wrong but maybe our SFs though as tough and motivated as they come might be severely lagging in as the Israeli operator says in education and innovative techniques and ofcourse technolgy
Thanks for this - you are right this is fcuking embarrassing

This was post 26/11. Even our NSG was not well trained for such Urban CQB at that time. They too undergone training in Israel post this. But then again you have to understand the difference in between India and Israel in terms of threat perception.

Mumbai was the first event where we experienced urban battle of any kind. Generally its always been in Jungle of Chattisgarh or North East and remote villages of Kashmir valley. So we are better trained for those regions. Whereas for Israelis, urban combat is day to day affair because of their experience in Gaza.

Again you can't expect NSG or any other SF guys of ours to involve in training of State police which comes under state home ministry and not even central home ministry. Bureaucratic hurdles were always in place. Although after that we have seen massive improvements in state police too in matter of equipment and training. Now NSG does regularly train state police and they too have formed QRT or SWAT team.

Mumbai is a national security zone with naval Base and trombay - we couldn't prioritise SF or NSG to train them ? The Israelis send THREE people !!

Not even mention the forex drain

PS - today I believe force one is rusting again. Hanging outside mantralaya in the Sun all day and next to my house because it's a VIP zone

sorcerer

Country flag
May be something on core counter terrorism on Vital installations should be taught from the very basic.
Israel has the hang of it and they breathe and live that security system.
Its wise to learn than unlearn and learn...
There must be something..something very specific in this approach..thats my reasoning

abingdonboy

Country flag

It was the MH's govt that directly approached Israel for heir trainers. Why hey didn't go to the NSG is beyond me.

The NSG has had an active hand in raising most of the special response police units that have been created in India post-26/11. I guess running to the Israelis was a knee jerk reaction from the state govt. since then Force one has been entirely self sufficient and has been training with NSG. Israeli trainers have not returned.

abingdonboy

Country flag
In Mumbai it will be the local police that respond first and they have QRTs for that. For more serious events the state's Force one will be brought in. The NSG will only be deployed in the most severe of crises. And remember the hub in Mumbai is there to provide response for most of the West (hub in Gujarat also being created of course) of India so the NSG units deployed there can roll out to any emergency in that part of the country if needed.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Thanks for this - you are right this is fcuking embarrassing

Mumbai is a national security zone with naval Base and trombay - we couldn't prioritise SF or NSG to train them ? The Israelis send THREE people !!

Not even mention the forex drain

PS - today I believe force one is rusting again. Hanging outside mantralaya in the Sun all day and next to my house because it's a VIP zone
Force one are today doing just fine.

Are you sure those guys are Force one and not MP QRT? Either way the main unit is in very good shape and probably the best such police unit in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles