Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safir

I expect LoC firings and terror attacks to step up as soon as Shitistani elections are announced. Not to mention attacks on our assets in Afghanistan.
will happen from tomorrow possibly. IK has been declared and anti Indian PM and pro extremist leader. But this is not cricket match.

12arya

Country flag
But the nature of IPS job is that he has to manage man and material from the backend. In the army, the DGMO office does that, so the officers can participate in ops. In the police domain, IPS officers are the de facto 'DGMO'. Anyway, they have proven their intellectual abilities and management skills, might as well give them a role that involves number crunching and material management.

V.K Singh only made a one off comment which was in the context of the CAG person making an adverse report against the availability of war material in the Army. I'm sure he didn't mean to imply that IPS officers should go on field ops. Those who still take interest in field ops, (ex Doval), are absorbed into the IB anyway. So there is a mechanism to foster talent and induct them at the right places. Maybe the ones sitting on desk jobs really are suitable for that job.
agree.
that being said, giving able bodied IPS guys field experience will only add to their calibre right? i mean, in future when they have to plan something, wudn't this experience come in handy? wudn't it help the nation better if the IPS dudes indeed have some field skills if something like 26/11 happens?

correct me if im wrong since my knowledge in these matters r very limited, army officers reach the top after having both field and managerial experience right? just like the army create a dgmo sort of thing in the IPS cadre and send the younger guys to field.

Haldiram

Country flag
agree.
that being said, giving able bodied IPS guys field experience will only add to their calibre right? i mean, in future when they have to plan something, wudn't this experience come in handy? wudn't it help the nation better if the IPS dudes indeed have some field skills if something like 26/11 happens?

correct me if im wrong since my knowledge in these matters r very limited, army officers reach the top after having both field and managerial experience right? just like the army create a dgmo sort of thing in the IPS cadre and send the younger guys to field.
In the army, the fighting cadre (jawans) and the managerial cadre (officers) are two separate career ladders. Captains do take part in infantry ops, but Major and above see to the disposition of men and material.

The first row indicates officer and the second row indicates the fighting cadre.

In the police, the IPS are managerial cadre.

12arya

Country flag
In the army, the fighting cadre (jawans) and the managerial cadre (officers) are two separate career ladders. Captains do take part in infantry ops, but Major and above see to the disposition of men and material.

The first row indicates officer and the second row indicates the fighting cadre.

but even colonels fight in the army aside from the management right. or is it just an indian army thing! y can't the IPS do that?

Kalki_2018

Country flag
I know its wishful thinking but would love a cross border raid killing dozens of paki soldiers in Pok along with blasts across pakjab and baluchistan when the moron im the dim is being sworn in as the last pm of pakistan.

Willy3

Country flag

I think even major and Lt.col take part in field operations. Correct me if I am wrong

aditya g

Country flag
Time is ripe for Modi to pull off a spectacular operation.

I know its wishful thinking but would love a cross border raid killing dozens of paki soldiers in Pok along with blasts across pakjab and baluchistan when the moron im the dim is being sworn in as the last pm of pakistan.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Its not Modi but IA that has to do it. I am sure Modi or Doval will not stop IA from taking any punitive action.

pruthvi24

Country flag
Now that pak elections are over and hafeez Sayeed’s party does not seem to have won any seats, I guess tango attacks will re-start soon.
Hafeez Saeed played his role sucessfully Nawaz Shariff is a conservative muslim mulla parties were encouraged so that nawaz's vote gets divided and as far results are concerned atleast 12 members from different mulla parties will be in their parliament may be they form coalition with taliban khan and be in govt

abingdonboy

Country flag
Time is ripe for Modi to pull off a spectacular operation.
Like what?

Surgical Strikes were of very limited value and were largely over-hyped.

Modi needs to hit at the heart of the Pak terror apparatus but actually the time is totally wrong right now. If India acts now whe Taliban Khan is supposedly holding out the hand of peace it will make India look like the agressor. Wait until the inevitable provokation and then act.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Stupidity to wait for pakis to act. No one on the planet cares if India takes out pakis. No one will believe India had a hand in it and even if they do, there is nothing they can do about it.

Enquirer

Like what?

Surgical Strikes were of very limited value and were largely over-hyped.

Modi needs to hit at the heart of the Pak terror apparatus but actually the time is totally wrong right now. If India acts now whe Taliban Khan is supposedly holding out the hand of peace it will make India look like the agressor. Wait until the inevitable provokation and then act.
Dude! There are provocations every day. India's been waiting for the 'right' provocation for the last 70 years! Even an outright attack on India didn't seem like 'right' enough provocation to go on a cleaning op inside Pakistan.

One of the key things in a hostile situation (business or geopolitical ) is SIGNALLING and CREDIBILITY on follow-through action. Pakistanis pretty much believe in their hearts that India won't hurt them despite how much they poke India! Even Kargil was launched with the firm belief that 'Indians won't fight'. By not imposing any punitive damage (and using only a very calibrated, risky defensive posture) India always gives Pakistan the impression that it won all wars!

During Parliament attack, Mumbai attack or Kargil or Pathankot India should have made more pervasive cleansing operation. After Mumbai attack, India was all prepared to attack LeT headquarters, but some 'fattu' politicians argued down the operation!!!

Ignorant masses in Pakistan support their army actions all the time because they feel they always win against the bigger Indian military. Rule of this world - no one asks questions when they're winning or making money! Only a humiliating defeat or massive financial loss will make people sit up and ask questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles