Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Respect, Kunal do you have an idea about how successful we have been in eliminating naxalism?
I cannot say about CRPF movements but these elite force is indeed very effective with new tactics and methods..

Abhi9

Country flag
I cannot say about CRPF movements but these elite force is indeed very effective with new tactics and methods..
I think the government should also take part in actively bringing these people to the round table and discussion. Should actively support development in these areas. Its blood shed of indians against indians

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Finally Iam happy to see an Ak with holographic sights.Is the sight the same one produced by Drdo or imported one?
Paid from own pocket..

There is some distributor of eco tech sight in India..

shafiq alam

Country flag
Respect,
Kunal do you have an idea about how successful we have been in eliminating naxalism?
kunal can you identify which ubgl is attached to the aks, is that m203 ? this is the first time I sam ak with a NON russsian ugbl in indian forces pic

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Indian Army to buy 20 mini-UAVs for Jammu and Kashmir operations

NEW DELHI: Strengthening the capability of its troops in fighting terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir, the Indian Army has issued a global tender for procuring 20 mini- UAVs for its formations deployed in the state.

The tender for the 20 mini-UAVs has been issued soon after the Army and the Navy issued global Request for Proposal (RFP) for procuring 95 such UAVs.

"The mini UAVs will be used in counter terrorist operations by our troops for gathering intelligence and carrying out reconnaissance of particular areas," Army officials said here.

The tender has been issued by the Udhampur-based Northern Command of the Army and the deal is expected to be less than Rs 50 lakhs, they said.

In the tender, the Army has specified that the mini UAVs should be less than 10 kg in weight and should be able to fly at the altitude of up to 1,000 metre.

They said the controlling range of the UAVs should be not less than 5 km and should be able to be launched by hand by the troops on ground.

"The UAVs should be able to remain airborne for at least 60 minutes," officials said.

Similar UAVs are also being planned to be used by the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) in the anti-naxal operations in Chhatisgarh and Jharkhand.
:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

Vikas Sharma

I have seen pics of Dragunov being used by IA.

But still just want to confirm whether we use Dragunov along LOC and in CI Ops or not.
Do we use M40 too there?

Any pic available?(not necessary).

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Couple of minutes before I had a brief chat with the Delhi SWAT guys posted in India gate . I'll post the pics later when I will reach ma home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles