Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
A 7.2 MM Medium Machine Gun (MMG) raised on display. A medium machine gun or MMG, in modern terms, usually refers to a belt-fed automatic firearm firing a full-power rifle cartridge and typically weighs from 15 to 40 pounds (6.8 to 18.1 kg). MMGs usually have some type of provision for extended firing, such as a removable or extra-heavy barrel, cooling fins, or a water cooling jacket, but are light enough to be used with a bipod

Sir i was talking about light weapon this is Medium range weapon. I am fully aware about this manufacture OFB call it Gun Machine (MAG). it use 7.62 caliber, weight is 11kg and range is 1800m with rate of fire 650-1000 rounds/min.

i did not find any info about this on OFB website. This info is from brusher from OFB.

for CT operation you dont require that much range, bullet might injured others as it will go past the body of terrorist.

hitesh

Sir i was talking about light weapon this is Medium range weapon. I am fully aware about this manufacture OFB call it Gun Machine (MAG). it use 7.62 caliber, weight is 11kg and range is 1800m with rate of fire 650-1000 rounds/min.

i did not find any info about this on OFB website. This info is from brusher from OFB.

for CT operation you dont require that much range, bullet might injured others as it will go past the body of terrorist.
Sir je i was referring it to be used in the RC platform .

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Sir je i was referring it to be used in the RC platform .
hitesh i am referring it to be used on Jeep in RC platform, not for war but for internal security operation, again you dont want to threatened the local population MMG with range of 1800 meters. CT operations in urban area has range of 50 to 200 meters. This can be done with light weight.

What you are saying about MMG yeah good for IA for regular war, even good for cold start with thermal image, range funder and BMS connectivity for network centric operations.

think of MMG as over kill for CT.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Apology if reposts.

Adding few more to shivs post..

Recent Gurez Encounter..

GRAPHIC PICTURE:

J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Gurez sector, 12 intruders killed

Srinagar: In a major operation, the Army on Saturday foiled the biggest infiltration bid this year killing 12 intruders in a gunbattle near the Line of Control (LoC) in Gurez sector of Bandipora district in Kashmir valley.

"This (use of boats) is certainly a new development. The terrorists were also carrying an inflatable dinghy. When confronted while crossing, a heavy exchange of gunfire ensued. Six terrorists were killed while they tried to come ashore and they fell into the river. Six more terrorists were killed near the shore in a fierce encounter," the spokesman said.

He said five AK rifles, one pistol, two boats, 50 assorted grenades, two radio sets, two compasses and one Global Positioning System besides a large quantity of war-like stores were recovered.

"In this operation, we lost a gallant officer, Lt Navdeep Singh, besides two of our jawans suffered injuries," the spokesman said.

Rest In Peace..

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Some Pics From Indian Army`s CT Operations..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The RR Hunting Party! on Long range Patrol
These pics r very-very rare specially on net..

For Tavor Lovers:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles