Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
from the rare view, it seems the vehicle is Humvee!!!( the inclined rare)
Yup agreed, the tread marks looks like hummer. Also the width of the tread marks is wide.

In Indian inventory probably only cassapir has such wide tyres, but cassipir's ground clearance is huge.

Aditya's tyres are comparatively thinner.

Pic of Humvee tyres, US army used tyres.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I don't know it's real or paki propaganda.But i will be happy if it's real
Its a HUMVEE

But look what fucking morons are we dealing with and their propaganda..

They are so retarded that once in 2008 some guy sent a sms that IA is burning Quran and the whole village came to only find out that it was a hoax and the Indian unit had a Muslim officer who assured them.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I don't know it's real or paki propaganda.But i will be happy if it's real
Common Inbred propaganda for Whatsapp groups and social media.

I remember fake videos after Burhan encounter mullas posting videos from Syria and claiming Indian army mutilating Burahan Dead body.

This trick is also used by Pakis to create unrest both in kashmir or even Hindu Mullah riots as we seen in Muzzafarnagar.

Now days police cyber cell keeps a close eye on such rumors and several such chutiya jailed for spreading rumors.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The rail is short for both, It does not have any iron sight at rail either ..

It does seems very attractive but not very practical ..

=============

Besides, It would be best to get brand new Ghataks than this ..

Too close to his eye considering the recoil of AK

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
That was i thinking. The weapon and the attachment should be practical rather than looking cool.

Somewhere i heard that MCIWS was designed from scratch based on the need of real user that is Army. Is it true ?

Ghost68

=============

do they plan to upgrade all aks or specific no?
I dont think ghatak would be put into service any time soon.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This is presently under evaluation, Its given to various units including PARA SF and when proven successful it will be introduce to regular units in counter insurgency ..

Ghatak already being inducted into various arms, Its too perhaps under evaluation within Army ..

do they plan to upgrade all aks or specific no?
I dont think ghatak would be put into service any time soon.

ghost

=============

Sir,

It does have a rear leaf sight of akm ,then why would it have an additional iron sight?How is rail short! it's a full length top cover rail,what more do you want?

Traditionally STS magnifier sight is mounted much closer to reflex sight than this:

These are Russian special forces with STS sight for comparison.

M4 too

How is it not very practical,he has mounted STS sight,foregrip ,with a recoil reducing stock,that seem practical enough to me.

If anything is short on rail,it's ghatak.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
My observation is based on the photo itself, If you have ever use an AK you would know about the thing @Bornubus is talking about, You can ask @pmaitra too as he used various firearms in US including AK for the basic idea ..

I assume, you are conveying that its solider`s fault and not the weapon how its being seen used here, It can be true though but If this is how its going to be mounted and hold by soldiers then its better to mount one sight which can be used for both purposes, In its current configuration with respect to its optics attached, its not practical for work its meant to do ..

though will know about its trail reports ..

=============

Ghatak is design for CQB and meant to mount only red dot sight, Mount on AK`s dust cover in particular has always issue with stabilization, In that sense its a right decision by designers ..

Sir,

It does have a rear leaf sight of akm ,then why would it have an additional iron sight?How is rail short! it's a full length top cover rail,what more do you want?

Traditionally STS magnifier sight is mounted much closer to reflex sight than this:

How is it not very practical,he has mounted STS sight,foregrip ,with a recoil reducing stock,that seem practical enough to me.

If anything is short on rail,it's ghatak.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Don't think these AK upgrades are coming from central procurement, probably from the commander's 400 crore kitty. They don't need to ask MoD permission for these purchases. amount was increased from 100 to 400 crores per commander per year from last year.

ghost

My observation is based on the photo itself, If you have ever use an AK you would know about the thing @Bornubus is talking about, You can ask @pmaitra too as he used various firearms in US including AK for the basic idea ..

I assume, you are conveying that its solider`s fault and not the weapon how its being seen used here, It can be true though but If this is how its going to be mounted and hold by soldiers then its better to mount one sight which can be used for both purposes, though will know about its trail reports ..

=============

Ghatak is design for CQB and meant to mount only red dot sight, Mount on AK`s dust cover in particular has always issue with stabilization, In that sense its a right decision by designers ..
My observation is also based on the photo itself,plus observation of spetnaz (who kind of specialize in extensive use of AK platform)

I know what he is talking about ,that has nothing to do with rifle itself but with the shooter .However ,I would like to hear @pmaitra Sir view on this modification being impractical.

Regarding dust cover rail on ak ,it's true, they are generally not known to retain zero but high quality one do hold zero(which this seem to be).A top cover rail offers shooters enough space for both a red dot/holosight and a magnifier if they so choose(like here).Since most of the added weight goes to the pistol grip it does not effect the balance of rifle.

However,rail on hand guard along with the sight would make the rifle front heavy and disturb the balance.Plus the sight can easily get damage due to excessive heat.

Regarding top cover rail zero ,please watch these ;

AK in general are not known to be optic friendly ,but still this seem to be a good system in theory at-least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles