Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
It will take time for distribution to all Infantry units, It will be also counted as restricted weapons as were Russian flamethrowers before ..

Good to hear kunal Bhai. IA also have Kornet ATGM which can fire Thermobaric warhead.

This looks like a assault carried out by Thermobaric warhead or maybe Paki ammo and weapons dump caught fire.

Location - LOC Mendhar (Oct 2016)

Pakpostopp Mendhar.jpg

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is ammunition dump explosion, The mushroom cloud is above the depot and fire raging below ..

We are using Kornet ATGM ?, Gud to hear ..

Bornubus

Chinese also develop TB projectile for their Type 69/ RPG 7 at dirt cheap price. Also in service with Pakis.

images-61.jpeg

Indian CG RCL is a very heavy weapon to carry for a longer period of time, so in my opinion Para SF which regularly carried out cross border strikes several Kms across LOC should be officially equipped with it (RPG)

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They are indeed cheap and attractive but lack accuracy and punch, PARA SF use single shot RLs of various origins ..

Now a days, Terrorist also using these single shot RLs ..

Chinese also develop TB projectile for their Type 69/ RPG 7 at dirt cheap price. Also in service with Pakis.

View attachment 13006

Indian CG RCL is a very heavy weapon to carry for a longer period of time, so in my opinion Para SF which regularly carried out cross border strikes several Kms across LOC should be officially equipped with it (RPG)

Bornubus

They are indeed cheap and attractive but lack accuracy and punch, PARA SF use single shot RLs of various origins ..

Now a days, Terrorist also using these single shot RLs ..
I guess both serves different purpose and history with RPG being introduced primarily as an Anti Tank weapon. New warheads such as PG 7VR has Armor Penetration upto 700 ~ mm.

CG RCL has no such round till today.

CW3fQ7aUsAAX5eB.jpg
images-52.jpeg

OTOH CG RCL excels as overall General purpose weapon with better accuracy and Range comes in a variety of ammunition.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
In Indian context, IA RL team in anti-tank role are meant to immobilize or incapacitated crew rather go for kill, The kill can be archived by much lethal assets like a gunship / tank or ATGM ..

I guess both serves different purpose and history with RPG being introduced primarily as an Anti Tank weapon. New warheads such as PG 7VR has Armor Penetration upto 700 ~ mm..

hammer head

Country flag
What is bat action?
Enter message with 30 characteristics.
BAT stands for Border Action Team, it is a small team which may comprise of paki SF or Mix of SF and terrorists. Main aim is to carry out surprise attack on isolated Indian posts and return with something akin to a trophy like weapon,head or limb. Usually carried out at THE LOC with an aim to keep the LC active and dominated and to gain moral ascendency.

mayfair

@hammer head
I thought usually BAT comprised of 3-5 uniformed and un-uniformed jihadi this is how much they need to attack and overpower 1-2 of our isolated soldiers at the LoC. So if only two were halaled, others slipped away to Shitistan or this was the total strength of the team this time?

hammer head

Country flag
@hammer head
I thought usually BAT comprised of 3-5 uniformed and un-uniformed jihadi this is how much they need to attack and overpower 1-2 of our isolated soldiers at the LoC. So if only two were halaled, others slipped away to Shitistan or this was the total strength of the team this time?
The grps usually have a min str of 4 terrorists for BAT.Poonch group comprised of 4 trt out of which 2 were neutralized and two ran back .

mayfair

The grps usually have a min str of 4 terrorists for BAT.Poonch group comprised of 4 trt out of which 2 were neutralized and two ran back .
Thanks for that. I know that we respond to BAT actions in a variety of ways, usually at the local level. I remember reading a very interesting paper in the IA journal Infantry about how a local unit avenged the mutilation of their colleague by BAT by taking down everyone in the opposite post including a TSPA JCO and probably a few NCOs, in total 6 were halaaled for one.

My question is, do we have dedicated units in each company/batallion to respond to BAT cowardice or is it left to the local units to take the call and anyone can be involved. Because it would seem a little superfluous to involve SF in every cross border raid.

Tarun Kumar

Can we use automated guns to mow them down instead of putting our jawans in harms way.

hammer head

Country flag
Thanks for that. I know that we respond to BAT actions in a variety of ways, usually at the local level. I remember reading a very interesting paper in the IA journal Infantry about how a local unit avenged the mutilation of their colleague by BAT by taking down everyone in the opposite post including a TSPA JCO and probably a few NCOs, in total 6 were halaaled for one.

My question is, do we have dedicated units in each company/battalion to respond to BAT cowardice or is it left to the local units to take the call and anyone can be involved. Because it would seem a little superfluous to involve SF in every cross border raid.
This probably is the most common question that do we have a dedicated unit or soldiers for a response to a BAT action. The answer is NO , BAT action is not the only thing that is required to be replied to at the LOC.

Whenever a new INFANTRY BN is inducted to a sensitive area it undergoes a rigorous training session which has been custom made as per the particular area like in case of J&K troops are trained in High altitude warfare,attacks in the moutains,occupation of defenses in the mountains cordon and search ops.

Every Inf Battalion has a Ghatak platoon which has units best lads in it, they keep moving from one location from another in the Area of responsibility, They can be utilized for a no of action which depends upon the prevailing situation. Usualy in No peace No war stance they are utilised for setting up ambushes and carrying out RAIDS AKIN TO ( OUR VERSION OF BAT ACTION ).

Down at the Company level you have something known as a MOST (mission oriented small team).

Now in all these operations we tend to forget the most important link !! The Mil Int guys. Behind every successful BAT thwarted and kills achieved we have the Mil int sleuths who provide the Formations and the units with Hard actionable int inputs, And the intel input pertain to a very wide spectrum of en related info, his plans, and his execution timings.

Combine all above and you have the above sweet pics which makes our day.

hammer head

Country flag
Can we use automated guns to mow them down instead of putting our jawans in harms way.
Tech has its own limitations and on ground things are different from what we see in movies. The whole god damn area is a sensitive place and cannot be simply covered by automated guns.

It would also require a lot of Gandhi ji being payed to videshi companies

mavles ihctep

Paki hapig is openly boasting about terror attack in akhnoor. Time to kill this low life.This pig is now openly conducting recruitment rally for 72 whore.Either we should expose this pig more international area or kill this
piece of shit

mavles ihctep

Pathankot,Gurdaspur,Pampore,Uri,Nagrota,Akhnoor all these cross border attacks had hapig hand.We can't always expect to neutralise these attack with minimum casualties.It's clear they r trying for Mumbai style cross border attack for last 1 year .This pig must be killed as early as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles