Indian Ballistic Missile Defense System

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I am some what skeptical about ABM its not that easy. They may even be mocking the test by coordinating the missiles, other wise i dont see indian technology being so advanced.

On the other hand if it is that advanced kudos to DRDO.
GK on the one hand you are creating doubt about this and earlier tests and on the other hand you are saying if it is advance then praise to DRDO. Playing quite safe are you.

indian_sukhoi

I am some what skeptical about ABM its not that easy. They may even be mocking the test by coordinating the missiles, other wise i dont see indian technology being so advanced.
Great theory!!!!

Now a Paki guy will definitely wide spread with this new idea all over the world, Saying India's ABM Interception Scandal!!!

Cheers, ;)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
too many threads on same missile defence test is open please merged with the sticky thread.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
GK on the one hand you are creating doubt about this and earlier tests and on the other hand you are saying if it is advance then praise to DRDO. Playing quite safe are you.
Ok Ok...that is only a lay mans doubt, i changed it.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Interceptor scores a direct hit on target missile

Y. MALLIKARJUN

Validating Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) capability, India successfully launched an interceptor missile to destroy an incoming target missile in a direct hit at an altitude of 15 km over the Bay of Bengal on Friday.

The target missile mimicked an incoming enemy missile with a range of more than 2,000 km.

A few minutes after the 'hostile' missile, a modified surface-to-surface Prithvi, took off at 10.10 a.m. from Launch Complex-3 at Chandipur, the interceptor missile, Advanced Air Defence (AAD), was fired from the Wheeler Island. As the target missile climbed to a height about 100 km and began descending at rapid speed, the interceptor travelling at supersonic speed homed on to the target and smashed it to smithereens around 10.15 a.m. at a 15-km altitude in the endo-atmosphere.

The crucial test was conducted as part of India's plans to deploy a two-tiered BMD system to engage and kill incoming enemy missiles in the endo-atmosphere and exo-atmopshere.

This was the seventh interceptor mission and the fifth endo-atmospheric interception. Six of the tests to date have been successful, including the first three in a row.

Immediately after the modified Prithvi was launched, the Long Range Tracking Radars near Puri picked up the target missile as also the Multi Functional Radar at Paradip tracked the missile and passed on the information to guidance computer, which gave the command for launching of AAD after computing the target's flight. Equipped with inertial navigation system, a hi-tech computer and a radio-frequency seeker the AAD locked on to the target missile and blasted it in the terminal phase.

Scientific advisor to Defence Minister V.K. Saraswat, Defence Research and Development Organisation's (DRDO) Chief Controller for missiles and strategic systems, Avinash Chander and other top missile scientists were present.

Keywords: Ballistic Missile Defence, interceptor missile, Indian Defence, interceptor missile test, BMD system, DRDO, Advanced Air Defence, surface-to-surface Prithvi
The Hindu : News / National : Interceptor scores a direct hit on target missile

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Date.................Interceptor........Prithvi Target........Launch site
06.12.2007........PAD-02..............TGT-02............Chandipur T.R.
06.03.2009........PAD-03.............Dhanush-04...........Ship
15.03.2010........AAD-1................TGT-03............Chandipur T.R.
24.09.2010........PAD-04 (PADM)..TGT-04............Chandipur T.R.
26.07.2010........AAD-2................TGT-05............Chandipur T.R.
06.03.2011........PAD-05 (PADM).Dhanush-05.......... Ship
10.02.2012........AAD-3 ................?????.............Chandipur T.R.
An Indian posted on pakistani forum

interesting PAD-01 test was not declared to public.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
hope this time they have tested from multi launcher, like the one shown on prahaar missile

sukhish

This is good news !
it's not a good news, it's a very good news. the key is not the successful destruction of the target ( ballistic ) missile, but the DIRECT HIT. I remember in all
previous tests the method used was to destroy the target by scattering it. but this time it was a DIRECT HIT. Only U.S has the capability of direct hit. I remember long time back in a seminar held for BMD, one of the U.S scientist said that the India still did not have the direct hit capabilty for it's BMD. now this is really impressive.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
it's not a good news, it's a very good news. the key is not the successful destruction of the target ( ballistic ) missile, but the DIRECT HIT. I remember in all
previous tests the method used was to destroy the target by scattering it. but this time it was a DIRECT HIT. Only U.S has the capability of direct hit. I remember long time back in a seminar held for BMD, one of the U.S scientist said that the India still did not have the direct hit capabilty for it's BMD. now this is really impressive.
well he does not have complete knowledge of our BMD.

here data from old AAD test.

Last edited:

sukhish

FUC***********KK I still can't believe it's a DIRECT HIT. looks like every time they conduct the test, they add some new features on to it.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
India Tests Advanced Interceptor Missile In User Configuration

DRDO Statement: India's DRDO today conducted a successful test launch of its endo-atmospheric interceptor missile., part of the country's ballistic missile defence (BMD) programme DRDO's Air Defence Missile AAD-05 (Photo 1) successfully hit a modified Prithvi ballistic missile (Photo 2) and destroyed it at a height of 15 kms off the coast of Orissa near Wheeler Island. Radars located at different locations tracked the incoming ballistic missile. With the target trajectory continuously updated by the radar, the onboard guidance computer guided the AAD-05 towards the target missile. The onboard radio frequency seeker identified the target missile, guided the AAD-05 to hit the target missile directly and destroyed it. Radar and Electro Optic Tracking Systems (EOTS) tracked the missile and also recorded the fragments of the target missile falling into the Bay of Bengal. The interceptor hit the incoming ballistic missile directly and destroyed it at an altitude of 15-km. The mission was carried out in the final deliverable user configuration mode.

http://livefist.blogspot.in/2012/02/india-tests-advanced-interceptor.html?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

:pft::pft::pft::pft: ____________:accepted::accepted:

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles