Indian Ballistic Missile Defense System

jik60

Country flag
Could anybody please give a speculative range and altitude of AD-1 and AD-2 ?? I know these are comparable to SM3, SM6, Aster, and whatnot but what is the ballpark we are talking about here ??

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Could anybody please give a speculative range and altitude of AD-1 and AD-2 ?? I know these are comparable to SM3, SM6, Aster, and whatnot but what is the ballpark we are talking about here ??
Notam was for 300 km , even if we are conservative it's about 250 km at the very least , looking at length it's size is similar to sm6 but it's role is much different , sm6 is like xrsam ,but ad 1 is a specific BMD system , max range could be as much as 350 km , we will know in future test

omaebakabaka

Notam was for 300 km , even if we are conservative it's about 250 km at the very least , looking at length it's size is similar to sm6 but it's role is much different , sm6 is like xrsam ,but ad 1 is a specific BMD system , max range could be as much as 350 km , we will know in future test
Didn't the poster say 1500km in op range with altitude low exo meaning upto 600 km but the engagement could be much less though most likely....,no mention if its mobile or ground based or ship based and what the radar is

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Didn't the poster say 1500km in op range with altitude low exo meaning upto 600 km but the engagement could be much less though most likely....,no mention if its mobile or ground based or ship based and what the radar is
Have patience our uber waanar , that's the range of class of missile

omaebakabaka

BMD radars have 2000+km range conservatively so which radar you want to integrate it , any particular fcr or naval radars ?
I forgot the name but I remember it was to be upgraded to 1200 or 1500 km and capable of fcr.....initially it was 600 km in detection.....something based on israeli tech related to their arrow bmd

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I forgot the name but I remember it was to be upgraded to 1200 or 1500 km and capable of fcr.....initially it was 600 km in detection.....something based on israeli tech related to their arrow bmd
Swordfish, that's our workhorse BMD radar , and as per one of esteemed forum member , it's range is above 2500 km now

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Didn't DRDO chielf told once that AD-2 will be able to intercept hypersonic cruise missiles?
I believe Hypersonic cruise missile will fly at much lower altitude than the kill altitude of AD2 which is design to kill incoming missile of ICBM range. Do you have any referance in support of your claim?

Jambudweepa

Country flag
I think right qus for BMD system should be , what altitude it ll target the ballistic missile (endo , exo ) . And what range of ballistic missiles are vulnirable to it .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles