Indian Automotive Sector

Blackwater

nice to see latest model coming to india ,in the past Peugeot and fiat used to introduced 30 yrs old model, not to forget toyota Qualis ,it was already outdated model in afrika when it was introduced in india:tsk::tsk::tsk:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
nice to see latest model coming to india ,in the past Peugeot and fiat used to introduced 30 yrs old model, not to forget toyota Qualis ,it was already outdated model in afrika when it was introduced in india:tsk::tsk::tsk:
BW paji, India is a big market with lotsa moolah in peoples pocket. These companies can't afford to ignore us like they use to do in the past. :truestory:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Volkswagen to invest over Rs 800cr on new models,
localisation in India

NEW DELHI: German auto giant Volkswagen Group is planning to invest about 100 million euros (over Rs 800 crore) in India to expand business, including launches of sedan and SUV in the compact segment along with a hatchback. "At present, an investment of approximately 100 million euros is in the decision process for new models and for further localisation of parts and components," Volkswagen India president and managing Director Mahesh Kodumudi told PTI. While he did not share the timeline for the investment, he said "further large investments will accompany decisions for further new models for the Indian and export markets". "We intend to make these investments step-wise as decisions are realised. In summary, we intend to make these 'further large investments' over a period of the next few years before the end of this decade," Kodumudi said. When asked about new product launches and expanding VW's offering in India, he said: "Volkswagen is currently considering various options, including a compact sedan specially designed for India, a compact sports utility vehicle (SUV) and a compact hatchback." These are the fastest growing and largest segments in the Indian market, he added. "We are close to making decisions on some of these new models and we will announce at the right time," he said. Besides, the company is also working on product upgrades of existing volume models — Polo and Vento. "Along with these, we are also considering the re-introduction of the new generation Passat (premium sedan) as soon as possible," Kodumudi said.

Read more here:
Volkswagen to invest over Rs 800cr on new models, localisation in India - The Times of India

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
at 22 lakhs people will prefer "Harley david da putter""

BW paji, although i think there are lots of die hard Harley fans in India, but they are not the targeted customers who'd usually buy these (liter-class superbikes) kinda bikes.

Blackwater

BW paji, although i think there are lots of die hard Harley fans in India, but they are not the targeted customers who'd usually buy these (liter-class superbikes) kinda bikes.
but yaar i think there are lot of bikes of same category which are available in lesser price in india. as far as BMW brand is concerned i feel people in india are more for BMW cars than bikes. i mean they can strech their pockets to buy BMW cars but i doubt they will strech to buy BMW bikes for 22 lakhs

hitesh

at 22 lakhs people will prefer "Harley david da putter""

:shocked: At 22 lakhs one would look at buying SUV ,I can understand the pleasure of driving a 1000cc bike but these are't made for Indian conditions . Giving a 1000cc bike at irresponsible hand could prove costly .Highly populated roads in india that too with stray animals and no traffic sense .These bikes are made for countries with wide roads ,clear traffic etc :sad:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles