Indian Automotive Sector

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Amazing TATA PIXEL concept from TATA

Based on the Tata Nano, the Tata Pixel -- at just over three metres in length it can comfortably accommodating four adults.The Tata Pixel's ability to manoeuvre and park in the tightest of spaces is made possible by its Zero Turn toroidal traction-drive Infinitely Variable Transmission (IVT), which assists rotation of the outer rear wheel forwards and the inner rear wheel backwards, while the front wheels turn at acute angles. The result is a turning circle radius of just 2.6 metres. The 'scissor' doors rotate upwards from the front to allow passengers to effortlessly enter or exit the Tata Pixel, even in the tightest of spaces.A 1.2 litre three-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine, positioned at the rear of the Tata Pixel, gives lively performance. The engine is a low-friction design, featuring variable coolant and oil pump and rapid warm-up technologies. With optimised aerodynamic drag, low rolling-resistance tyres, stop-start technology, and intelligent battery charging, the Tata Pixel returns European combined cycle (NEDC) fuel economy of 3.4 l/100km and CO2 emissions of just 89g/km.A forward sweeping roofline, with minimal front and rear overhangs, accentuates the youthful styling. The Tata Pixel is also designed to provide a high level of connectivity. Key functions are controlled by the driver's smart phone, running 'My Tata Connect' -- the first integrated human-machine interface (HMI) concept from Tata Motors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

not practical.................................................there is a big difference between concept car and original specially with TATA

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
but the X-over concept from TATA had been implemented as TATA Aria and that too in Indian Market.

Blackwater

but the X-over concept from TATA had been implemented as TATA Aria and that too in Indian Market.
i know but look at the actual model introduced in India of aria. Hell lot of difference between the two

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
i know but look at the actual model introduced in India of aria. Hell lot of difference between the two
I don't think so, it is said that the body remains the same with just a few cosmetic change like, headlight, front grill and interior which are available off the self, moreover this changes are believed to give the vehicle a better decent looks and not a stripped down version.

Blackwater

I don't think so, it is said that the body remains the same with just a few cosmetic change like, headlight, front grill and interior which are available off the self, moreover this changes are believed to give the vehicle a better decent looks and not a stripped down version.
yaar engine to TATA ka not of land rover.

More over, I had two TATA cars in the past. TATA Indigo and TATA Indica with fiat engine. Except FIAT engine every thing was producing music from every corner

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Indigo and Indicas with Fiat engine!!! I would like to know more about it.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Nothing great, apart from the turning radius everything sucks,it looks like a glorified TATA Nano.

Usualy it takes 2 seconds for me to open the door and start the car,this women took like a minute to start the car with all that gizmo, why would anyone want to make their life slower?

Blackwater

Indigo and Indicas with Fiat engine!!! I would like to know more about it.
Indica Qudrajet is fiat 1.3 diesel engine.Not only that ur suzuki swift,SX4 diesel is also same fiat 1.3 engine and fiat punto, liena also with same engine

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
rather disappointed to know this.... :( still a fiat is better then an Indica and Maruti, yes I know when u talk about music for an Indica, once I turned on the hazard lights of my friends Indica and I end up in a road side garage to switch it off, it was embarrassing.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
With that ground-clearance, it's only fit for Europe. Won't work in India.

Blackwater

Auto India

Hi Guys,:thumb::thumb:

Iam dedicating this thread to the fast emerging auto sector of India.

Please post anything related to auto sector in India.

Happy posting:namaste::namaste:

Blackwater

Nissan starts production of the Sunny sedan in India

Nissan India has just announced the start of production of the Sunny. Based on the new V-platform the Sunny will be second car to be manufactured completely in India after the Micra. The car will be manufactured at the company's Oragadam facility near Chennai. Speaking at the occasion Kiminobu Tokuyama, Managing Director and CEO, NMIPL said, "Start of production of Nissan Sunny is another significant milestone for Nissan in India. We wanted the mid-size sedan to be available during the upcoming festival season and we successfully accelerated our work program to make that schedule. Nissan Sunny will help to leverage our position as one of the key players in the Indian market".

The Sunny is expected to slot in at roughly Rs 7 to 9 lakh which will place it in contention with the City and the Vento in the C-segment. The Sunny sits on a 2600mm platform based on the Toyota Corolla which will mean the space inside will be pretty good. Engines in use will be the 106PS 1.5-litre petrol, the four cylinder version of the Micra's three cylinder engine. The car will also use the 1.5-liter dCi that is common to a lot of Renault-Nissan cars.

The car will hit the markets this festive season.

Here is the press release

Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. (NMIPL) today celebrated the start of production of its 'Made-in-India' mid-size sedan Nissan SUNNY at the company's manufacturing plant at Oragadam, near Chennai. This is the second completely made in India car to be rolled out by Nissan from the Chennai plant in a period of 15 months.

The Nissan SUNNY was unveiled on August 3, 2011 and is being readied to hit the market by the coming festive season. It is manufactured with 85% local content of which 40% of the components are sourced from Chennai. The sedan is expected to appeal to young families looking for a medium sized sedan that combines a dynamic upscale design with the space, quality and features associated with the Nissan brand.

Commenting on the achievement, Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama, Managing Director and CEO, NMIPL. said, "Start of production of Nissan SUNNY is another significant milestone for Nissan in India. We wanted the mid-size sedan to be available during the upcoming festival season and we successfully accelerated our work program to make that schedule. Nissan SUNNY will help to leverage our position as one of the key players in the Indian market".

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Kou Kimura, CEO and MD, Renault Nissan Alliance India Pvt Ltd (RNAIPL) said, "Today's start of production of SUNNY reinstates Nissan's commitment to India and is the second of many other local products to come. It highlights the high-performance level of our state of the art plant, which is producing its second model in less than 15 months".

The new Nissan SUNNY made its international debut at the 8th China (Guangzhou) International Automobile Exhibition in 2010 and later in the US. The SUNNY is the second model built on Nissan's all new V-platform.

http://overdrive.in/details/384

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Italy's Vyrus Motorcycles to roll out high-end bikes in India

Vyrus

Vyrus Motorcycles is a small bike manufacturer and used to work alongside Bimota earlier, both of which are based in Rimini, Italy. Vyrus has two models in its portfolio: 984 and 985. In India, these motorcycles could cost as much as Rs. 22 lakh (excluding tax). At that price, you can keep 3 or 4 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 bikes in your garage!

More Here: Vyrus Motorcycles India launch likely, Vyrus 984 and 985 photos | DWS Auto India

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
New Bajaj Pulsar 220F video surfaces ahead of plans of a re-branded Pulsar

If there's anything else Bajaj Auto is known for, other than its bikes, then it must be their TV commercials, especially the ones they make for their Pulsar variant. Remember Pulsar's "Fear the Black" ad or the more recent "Stunt Mania" commercial? These ads not only struck an instant chord with the youth, they also attained cult status.

More Here: New Bajaj Pulsar 220F video ad | DWS Auto India

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Honda CBR vs Ninja 250R: Specifications comparison chart

The Honda CBR250R is already here, at prices that really make you think you could afford one. And this time, it is not like in the case of the Ninja250R, which though much desired, is priced beyond what most of us can afford.

No wonder there is huge interest in the bike. Other manufacturers like Suzuki and Yamaha have already indicated that they will launch their own 250 cc bikes very soon. The Suzuki GW250 as well as the Yamaha FZ250 are on their way here – hopefully.

More here: Kawasaki Ninja 250R vs Honda CBR250R tech specs comparison chart | DWS Auto India

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles