Indian Automotive Sector

Kumata

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars none curfew what Kumata Nibba is saying problem from a decade ago. Even the servicing is better nowadays.
Halda Nibba,

biggest problm with tata is service and 3 Pot mills...I am a purist...

For every 1 positive story on service.. there are 100 horrors..take your pick.... Dad owns a Punch & before that we had a FIAT...Sold and serviced by TATA .... On top.... neither tata nor punch ages well...

Both make good looking cars.. one need to look beyond looks though when buying a car!!!!

another_armchair

Country flag
New Updated Punch - ICE+EV+CNG made history with most selling car in March 2024.

Punch is now the best car in 10lac category in my opinion.
Had a chance to take a ride in a Punch for an entire day in Orissa.

Was surprised with the performance of the petrol engine and the A/C in sweltering heat. It was around 39+ and awfully humid too.

Question remains - If one is looking to buy a mid/top end Punch then would it make more practical sense to spend a little more and buy the Nexon instead?

SKC

Country flag
Halda Nibba,

For every 1 positive story on service.. there are 100 horrors..take your pick.... Dad owns a Punch & before that we had a FIAT...Sold and serviced by TATA .... On top.... neither tata nor punch ages well...

Both make good looking cars.. one need to look beyond looks though when buying a car!!!!
Kumata bro - your info is quite outdated.

Tata has good design and good built quality too. Yes, they have big issues on how they train and handle the Service centers but more than often the things are blown out of proportion whereas people will ignore similar issues in other brands.

Our extended family has long history of using cars and MUVs from both Tata and Mahindra.

Kumata

Country flag
Kumata bro - your info is quite outdated.

Tata has good design and good built quality too. Yes, they have big issues on how they train and handle the Service centers but more than often the things are blown out of proportion whereas people will ignore similar issues in other brands.
That's a deal breaker for me. Ultimately, i have to live with the dealer for everything once the car is sold off. Anyways, I did not went for TATA as i wanted a CVT or old school AT , something missing in Tata's stable at that point of time. no DSG 's or AMUT or any other Pesudo Auto's for me...

Yes, they Did come up with DCA which i think is a Dry clutch in Altroz but than i was never in market for hatch back.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Halda Nibba,

That's a deal breaker for me. Ultimately, i have to live with the dealer for everything once the car is sold off. Anyways, I did not went for TATA as i wanted a CVT or old school AT , something missing in Tata's stable at that point of time. no DSG 's or AMUT or any other Pesudo Auto's for me...

Yes, they Did come up with DCA which i think is a Dry clutch in Altroz but than i was never in market for hatch back.
Ya'll Nibbiars all points are outdated for the first posts. Don't Knew about the North Indian services but in Western Indian side, they pick up the car in morning, services it and drop it by the evening before 6. Didn't faced any problems here till now.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Tesla investment in India does not make sense even now.

Especially in India their cars will be more or less a Luxury Product.

Our Current Market is on 4.3M SUV (20L Price Bracket). Unless Tesla produces such a vehicle they are going to sell 50 cars per months and needs to rely on Export. Something our Japs like Nissan are doing here. Hope some Indian Models are in pipeline.

SKC

Country flag

Our Current Market is on 4.3M SUV (20L Price Bracket). Unless Tesla produces such a vehicle they are going to sell 50 cars per months and needs to rely on Export. Something our Japs like Nissan are doing here. Hope some Indian Models are in pipeline.
Tesla just stopped their focus on the development on smaller sub $25K price bracket and focusing on Taxi business.
They don't have any product for Indian market currently. Would they focus solely on exports from here?

Haldilal

Country flag

Tesla just stopped their focus on the development on smaller sub $25K price bracket and focusing on Taxi business.
They don't have any product for Indian market currently. Would they focus solely on exports from here?
Melon chacha denies halting that project tho.

Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . The 25 Lakhs rupees Vehicle will take a lot of time atleast 5 years whole new systems, drive and platform need to be developed to keep the price down.

2 . The Indian Mini Giga plant is mainly for exports till then.

3 . The preferred site is at costal location near a port.

4 . The FTA with the GCC and the KSA could be realized in the near future.

5 . The IMECC will help to boost the trade and easy shipments to the MEA's.

6 . The Investment is a J.V. so a low risk Ventures one's.

Kumata

Country flag
Saw his tweet on that but does not looks same from his board. All hints showing slowdown in smaller car project and more focus on the robotaxi project.
He need not invent the wheel again for us. He will concentrate o robotaxi as a new product... i suspect he will manufacture here.. Just screw driver giri will be done here ...

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Saw his tweet on that but does not looks same from his board. All hints showing slowdown in smaller car project and more focus on the robotaxi project.
Agree. After all his antics over the past 2 years, it is difficult to conclude anything meaningful from his remarks.

Either way, cheenis have wrecked his business in ccpland; sorry fuck is looking for a new sugar daddy.

Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . The 25 Lakhs rupees Vehicle will take a lot of time atleast 5 years whole new systems, drive and platform need to be developed to keep the price down.

2 . The Indian Mini Giga plant is mainly for exports till then.

3 . The preferred site is at costal location near a port.

4 . The FTA with the GCC and the KSA could be realized in the near future.

5 . The IMECC will help to boost the trade and easy shipments to the MEA's.

6 . The Investment is a J.V. so a low risk Ventures one's.

Haldi, points 1-3 make sense. But why on earth would GCC and KSA need EVs?

And point 6 does not make any sense at all. Even cheenis tweaked their stringent JV requirements for Tesla.

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
He need not invent the wheel again for us. He will concentrate o robotaxi as a new product... i suspect he will manufacture here.. Just screw driver giri will be done here ...
I don't have any problem with screwdriver-giri Because I know most of you guys don't know how manufacturing is done in actual.

My problem is with the viability of such big plant in India when they have a gigafactory already in Shanghai and struggling to increase their market share.

another_armchair

Country flag
Going by the data of past months, EV inventory is not moving out of dealerships as rapidly as anticipated in the US at least.

Tesla remains numba one but growth is muted.

Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

Country flag
Agree. After all his antics over the past 2 years, it is difficult to conclude anything meaningful from his remarks.

Either way, cheenis have wrecked his business in ccpland; sorry fuck is looking for a new sugar daddy.

Haldi, points 1-3 make sense. But why on earth would GCC and KSA need EVs?

And point 6 does not make any sense at all. Even cheenis tweaked their stringent JV requirements for Tesla.

Ya'll Nibbiars Selling Petroleum make sense not blowing it by domestic market. Same as why few GCC countries are pursuing the Nuclear power rather than cheap constructed oil and gas plants. The oil consumption per capital is Highest in the MEA's and effirst towards the reductions are being made.

And Ambanis are not the Mleecahs to reverse engineers the technology.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles