Indian Automotive Sector

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
why not go for thar? i've heard it's a fucking monster. not sure about the mileage tho. black color looks sexy as hell

Thar is not for me. I'm a family guy who is still trying to convince missus to learn driving, so 2 cars for me to drive would be overkill.

Also, Thar is too big for city driving, especially a bitch to park!

Anyways, I also would have to needlessly stretch budget for it for little to no utility. I would rather get a Harrier, if at all I stretch to that price point.

Thar is meant for niche consumers who either loves the macho look of it or goes off road sometimes for fun. I don't care for either. I'm middle class family man, bro!

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Thar is not for me. I'm a family guy who is still trying to convince missus to learn driving, so 2 cars for me to drive would be overkill.

Also, Thar is too big for city driving, especially a bitch to park!

Anyways, I also would have to needlessly stretch budget for it for little to no utility. I would rather get a Harrier, if at all I stretch to that price point.

Thar is meant for niche consumers who either loves the macho look of it or goes off road sometimes for fun. I don't care for either. I'm middle class family man, bro!
ah yes family man...

gslv markIII

Country flag
We know in which conditions they all end up within 3-4 years.
Owner operated vehicles will always be in a better condition than fleet ones (except in the case of professionally managed fleets). Also the Motor vehicle department here is quite aggressive with their penalties.

gslv markIII

Country flag
Can anyone list out reasons as why high rise truck cabs are not popular in our country? We have seen many offerings but they haven't attained popularity.
Driver comfort isn't a priority in the the Indian truck market, especially when it comes with a higher price tag. most Indian truck cabs have very basic sleeping berths, so things like high rise cabs with a lot of storage space & other amenities is too much to ask now.

BlackViking

Country flag
Driver comfort isn't a priority in the the Indian truck market, especially when it comes with a higher price tag. most Indian truck cabs have very basic sleeping berths, so things like high rise cabs with a lot of storage space & other amenities is too much to ask now.
Isn't the govt trying to bring in a law to ensure basic comfort features for drivers. I have seen a news piece (last year probably) suggesting so.
Also the owners of fleet companies drive their trucks themselves for haulage sometimes, shouldn't they be considering these. Price is a issue but the difference is barely a lakh (for VE Pro 2017 price).
Also I don't know why but even big fleet operators, like Toll india Logistics, who maintains a large fleet of expensive trucks (I have seen convoys of Toll operated Tata Prima haulers on AH46) shy away from high rises even though their trucks operate over very large distances.

BlackViking

Country flag
Isn't the govt trying to bring in a law to ensure basic comfort features for drivers. I have seen a news piece (last year probably) suggesting so.
Also the owners of fleet companies drive their trucks themselves for haulage sometimes, shouldn't they be considering these. Price is a issue but the difference is barely a lakh (for VE Pro 2017 price).
Also I don't know why but even big fleet operators, like Toll india Logistics, who maintains a large fleet of expensive trucks (I have seen convoys of Toll operated Tata Prima haulers on AH46) shy away from high rises even though their trucks operate over very large distances.
Toll Prima Tractor

gslv markIII

Country flag
Not many have noticed that Indian CVs got a power bump after BS6 upgrades.

In case of full size Bus chassis (16T GVWR), Eicher is offering only the 210 hp engine. while Ashok Leyland is offering 197 hp engine for their range (Cheetah, Viking & 12M models). Tata range though starts from 186 hp. :frown:

1633159598064.png

So the next time you are driving, remember not to play chicken with a state transport bus. They already have murderous drivers & now they have more powerful engines. :nono:

For FE intercity coaches you have Ashok Leyland 12M (248 hp), BharatBenz 1624 (240 hp) & Tata LPO 1622 (220 hp)

1633160495229.png

Comparable to the rest of the world I would say.

gslv markIII

Country flag
They came up with the truck body code as well as mandated ACs (later watered down to just blowers).

Also the owners of fleet companies drive their trucks themselves for haulage sometimes, shouldn't they be considering these.
Guess it's a question of personal preference, there are misers who do with local body built trucks despite having large fleets.

Delhivery operates Volvo FM series.

1633161716196.png

BlackViking

Country flag
They came up with the truck body code as well as mandated ACs (later watered down to just blowers).

Guess it's a question of personal preference, there are misers who do with local body built trucks despite having large fleets.

Delhivery operates Volvo FM series.

View attachment 112787
Hey bhagwan kab aayega high rise india mein😫😫
Ye EU/US ke trucks ke samne hamare trucks dekh ke rona a jaata he.

Guess it will take 2-3 decades for indian logistic tpt to reach EU level.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Tata Punch production plans:

1 . Plans to produce 8,000 Punch cars (or Punches) in October.

2 . Intends to manufacture 35,000 to 37,000 cars in total in October, highest in Tata's history.

3 . Punch's production will necessitate the start of a 3rd shift at the Pune plant, something that has not happened in a decade.

4 . Punch will allow the Tata domestic PV business to breakeven.

5 . Tata aims for a regular 35,000 sales per month from now onwards.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Tata Punch production plans:

1 . Plans to produce 8,000 Punch cars (or Punches) in October.

2 . Intends to manufacture 35,000 to 37,000 cars in total in October, highest in Tata's history.

3 . Punch's production will necessitate the start of a 3rd shift at the Pune plant, something that has not happened in a decade.

4 . Punch will allow the Tata domestic PV business to breakeven.

5 . Tata aims for a regular 35,000 sales per month from now onwards.
Ya'll Nibbiars 8,000 to 9,000 is quite achievable for Punch. It clearly shows the interest this product has generated in the market.

Factors favouring Punch :

1 . Tata aggressively marketing Punch as capable SUV.

2 . Feature loaded.

3 . 90 degree opening doors, Cruise control and availability of AMT at launch.

4 . Flat central tunnel which ensures this can be easy five seater.

5 . Traction control.

6 . Compact and overall good package.

Global Defence

Articles