Indian Automotive Sector

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
My house agent bought a new E class merc. He wasn't happy. He always says 'I would have bought a Porsche if only I was in the US'. :pound:
Eek wish him good luck with his differential. Those cars are notorious. $6500 in parts and labor if it goes out here in the US

republic_roi97

Country flag
I am dying for this car...........................................................................................................................
What if they come up a Tiago GT kind of variant which were to produce 3 digit of horsepower and massive torque. All because of Racemo engine inside the Tiago, would you look for a engine swap ??
Something like Punto Abarth ??

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
What if they come up a Tiago GT kind of variant which were to produce 3 digit of horsepower and massive torque. All because of Racemo engine inside the Tiago, would you look for a engine swap ??
Something like Punto Abarth ??
That would be awesome,but not much useful for me,i am going for a mod for my nearly 20 year old zen
Punto abarth is damn fun but damn expensive

republic_roi97

Country flag
Let TATA's improve the quality of their cars,then they should move forward
They were just sent to US merely for testing and something, not meant to be launched over there, btw, at this pricepoint, 20-25 Lakh INR, in US you can afford a Land Rover by just adding 5-6 Lakhs more. So, no point in launching a Land Rover looking vehicle at the price of Land Rover in USA.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Here you go mates, we have a cheap alternative of Land Rover incoming, it will be a TATA product designed by a team of Jaguar Land Rover priced above Tata HEXA and batched as, most probably, TATA Safari 2018.
You may search for it by the name of TATA Q501 and Q502.
I would be very surprised if the TATA Q501/2 looks this similar to the LR Discovery Sport, IMHO this is a testing mule for the engine but I expect the TATA Q501/2 to look VERY different to any JLR and inline with the rest of the TATA family, it's not like TATA don't have an excellent in-house design team, expect similar design features as found on the Hexa and Nexon. The Q501/2 will only share the floorplan of the JLR model.

It doesn't make sense to either brand (TATA or JLR) to simply have a re-badged LR Discovery sport as the next-gen TATA Safari, no it will be a brand new (and I expect awesome) design.

republic_roi97

Country flag
I would be very surprised if the TATA Q501/2 looks this similar to the LR Discovery Sport, IMHO this is a testing mule for the engine but I expect the TATA Q501/2 to look VERY different to any JLR and inline with the rest of the TATA family, it's not like TATA don't have an excellent in-house design team, expect similar design features as found on the Hexa and Nexon. The Q501/2 will only share the floorplan of the JLR model.
That car is merely a JLR test mule wrap for TATA Q501/Q502, the car would retain a lot of traditional JLR features and looks but would also be in line with the TATA's current designs. FYI, this test mule was spotted without any badging except on steering, which had TATA's logo.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
They like the vintage stuff and all. You know, raw power, noise, lots of horses and torque, less safety, analog features etc all equals to extra adrenaline.
Thats bullshitting
Cars/bikes with electronics for performance and safety make a lot of difference.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yes they are coming up with a premium hatchback that is going to compete against i20, baleno, Jazz, polo etc. I guess that would mark TATA's entry into premium car segment
Looking foreward to it, hope TATA pulls out all the stops (design, features, power, build quality, equipment etc) for this model, they need to come in with a BANG so as to catch the attention of the market, not go for a soft launch as they tried with the Aria.

If they are succesful it will be very interested to see the premium sedan that follows (that I hope will be designed on an entirely new sedan platform and not simply a stretched hatchback like the Tigor). I'm sure TATA's JLR subsidiary will be immensely helpful there.

Last edited:

republic_roi97

Country flag
Thats bullshitting
Cars/bikes with electronics for performance and safety make a lot of difference.
Exactly !! Not only electronics and ECUs make things safer but also increases the refinement levels and performance while ensuring better FE.

abingdonboy

Country flag
That car is merely a JLR test mule wrap for TATA Q501/Q502, the car would retain a lot of traditional JLR features and looks but would also be in line with the TATA's current designs. FYI, this test mule was spotted without any badging except on steering, which had TATA's logo.
Yeah that's what I think but I am expecting signficant design differences for the Q501/2 from any JLR product, it simply wouldn't be a sensible decision to have high similarity with the JLR designs- that would only hurt the JLR brand.

Look at all other TATA products, they are entirely unique and designed by TATA themselves, only certain technology cues have been taken from other group partners. I don't see why TATA would depart from this strategy and go for high design commonality with a JLR product for this new product of their's.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
BTW, Paji, a few TATA/JLR Q501/502s (based on LR Discovery) were sent to US for trials and testing.
Nice yaar, you know what I saw an electric cycle from Mahindra in Costco the other day. Indian products have an image problem, don't know how many Americans will buy something that is Indian. Maybe they can use their LR brand to launch it here in the US.

Why the fuck MERICANS die for 60's and 70's car???????
Nostalgia for childhood cars, these cars are glorified in old movies etc.. Plus they are easy to work on, sometimes dads get them as a father/son project so they can bond.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles