Indian Automotive Sector

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
The bike is about 12000 sgd + about 6000 sgd for COE. So on road about 18k SGD. just over 8 lakh inr.
L*vde lag jaenge mere toh.............................
That's just toooooooooooooo expensive

Krusty

Country flag
Ya i remember Vin diesel was taking an Quizz from singapore TV anchor and she was giving him some Car models and asking him to guess the prize and he always guessed 60 % less than the actual value and he finally said does the SG govt keeps these prices to say people don t buy cars or to suck the blood out of people who are crazy about cars ....:rofl:

Well i had seen lambo s in SG i am sure the guy who owns it might be having is Office in CBD in some Top floor for sure
Yep.. that was the fast and the furious cast interview at Singapore.

Krusty

Country flag
L*vde lag jaenge mere toh.............................
That's just toooooooooooooo expensive
And you can own the vehicle only for ten years after which You have to renew COE. So it's better just to buy a new vehicle.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
India aiming for all-electric car fleet by 2030, petrol and diesel to be tanked
PTI | Updated: Apr 30, 2017, 06.26 PM IST
HIGHLIGHTS
  • India is looking to have all-electric car fleet by 2030. Idea is to no petrol or diesel car is sold in the country
  • Ministry of Heavy Industries and the NITI Aayog are working on a policy for promotion of electric vehicles

NEW DELHI: India is looking at having an all-electric car fleet by 2030 with an express objective of lowering the fuel import bill and running cost of vehicles.

"We are going to introduce electric vehicles in a very big way. We are going to make electric vehicles self- sufficient like UJALA. The idea is that by 2030, not a single petrol or diesel car should be sold in the country," Power minister Piyush Goyal said while addressing the CII Annual Session 2017.

Goyal is of the view that initially the government can handhold the electric vehicle industry for 2-3 years to help it stabilise.

Citing the example of Maruti, which has logged over 30 per cent profit this time, he explained that the government had supported India's largest car maker initially, which eventually led to development of the big automotive industry in the country.

Goyal told reporters later that the Ministry of Heavy Industries and the NITI Aayog are working on a policy for promotion of electric vehicles.

The minister pointed to the cost factor, saying people would like to buy electric vehicle when they find it cost effective.

About offshore wind projects, Goyal said these are more like an R&D project. The minister suggested that big PSUs, including NTPC, can initially invest in such projects that will lead to development of this segment in coming years.

Goyal said that in the last 3 years, India's energy consumption has grown by about 6.5 per cent CAGR (compounded annual growth rate), more than the figure for the last 10 years.

He said, "Through UJALA, the LED distribution programme, we have already seen about 500 million LED bulbs sold in the last two years. My job is to improve India's energy efficiency to reduce consumption wherever it is wasteful and ensure that demand is met fully."

He made a point that UDAY has not been just about financial re-engineering but financial discipline. The UDAY scheme is meant for revival of debt stressed discoms.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-diesel-to-be-tanked/articleshow/58441171.cms

republic_roi97

Country flag
70k units of the 2.0L Fiat Multijet engine ordered for Tata Q501 & Tata Q502 SUVs

Over 90 percent of FCA India’s profits come from supplying engines to other manufacturers.

From today’s report in the Economic Times, it appears that FCA India has inked a contract with Maruti-Suzuki and Tata Motors to supply 2.2 lakh diesel engines over a three-year period.

Tata-Q501-with-Land-Rover-Discovery-Sport-rear-quarter-exterior.jpg

While Maruti will take the lion’s share and source 1.5 lakh units, the report states that Tata Motors will not source the 1.3L Multijet engine but rather 70k units of the 2.0L Multijet turbodiesel engine for the upcoming Tata Q501 and Tata Q502 SUVs.
The Tata Q501 will not be the only SUV to source power from the 2.0L Multijet engine; Jeep will launch the Compass in India in August, which is confirmed to get the 2.0-litre MultiJet II diesel turbocharged motor with 170+ hp. So expect the Tata Q501 to output figures that are class-leading for a Tata vehicle. As for the transmission, it could be paired to a 6-speed manual or automatic.
The Q501 is tipped to arrive in 2018 and is the next all-new SUV after the Tata Nexon. It will share the floor pan and some structural components with the Land Rover Discovery Sport, while the exterior and interior will be unique. Expect the Pratap Bose led design team to go to town with this vehicle.
The Tata Q501 will be positioned above the Tata Hexa, and rival the Hyundai Tucson, VW Tiguan, Honda CR-V, Jeep Compass and even full-size 7-seat models like the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour. A report in 2015 said Tata intends to export the vehicle to South Africa, Indonesia and West Asia.

Although it’s too early to speculate, prices of the Tata Q501 could range between INR 19 Lakhs – INR 25 Lakhs (ex-showroom).

mayfair

This is my biggest gripe with the Indian auto industry- even after years and years of "indigenisation" we still cannot manufacture full engines or gear box transmissions.

republic_roi97

Country flag
This is my biggest gripe with the Indian auto industry- even after years and years of "indigenisation" we still cannot manufacture full engines or gear box transmissions.
Well actually Mahindra and TATA do make their own engines too. TATA has VariCore, Revotorq, Revotron etc while Mahindra produces mHawk engines etc.

mayfair

Well actually Mahindra and TATA do make their own engines too. TATA has VariCore, Revotorq, Revotron etc while Mahindra produces mHawk engines etc.
They do, but not the whole engine and key components such as transmission systems. As you know in the report posted above, a foreign company, FIAT (via an Indian subsidiary) remains the biggest supplier of Diesel engines in India.

TATA owns JLR, how much of that tech (design, engineering etc) has been absorbed into India? We allowed Japanese and Koreans to set up manufacturing in India, but we never insisted on a full tech transfer, so that key components such as transmission systems should have been completely built here? It's only recently that we have seen a few firms getting into the business.

republic_roi97

Country flag
They do, but not the whole engine and key components such as transmission systems. As you know in the report posted above, a foreign company, FIAT (via an Indian subsidiary) remains the biggest supplier of Diesel engines in India.

TATA owns JLR, how much of that tech (design, engineering etc) has been absorbed into India? We allowed Japanese and Koreans to set up manufacturing in India, but we never insisted on a full tech transfer, so that key components such as transmission systems should have been completely built here? It's only recently that we have seen a few firms getting into the business.
TATA's Revotron engine is India's first Turbo Petrol, if you read the article, you'd know Suzuki uses Fiat's engine more than Tata does. This trend is more common in Japanese companies than it is in India, but i do agree on other fronts than the engine block.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
This is actually quite good
See the Bajaj-ktm duo,there is no bike in the 2l segment which canoot feel the heat of this combo
The pulsars,duke and rc's have eaten away the competition.......

Companies should work together to build the engine and then tune the engine as per their requirements.....Its economical and best option

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Here you go mates, we have a cheap alternative of Land Rover incoming, it will be a TATA product designed by a team of Jaguar Land Rover priced above Tata HEXA and batched as, most probably, TATA Safari 2018.
You may search for it by the name of TATA Q501 and Q502.
Poor mans land rover,I guess i should start saving though i wont buy it...............

Tata's have improved their standards at a skyrocketing speed...........
3 years back all they had was crappy indicas and safaris and sumo's
Now they have the hexa,tiago,bolt and zest and many great cars in the pipeline which will improve their image.....

Now they need is a good mid size sedan which can take on Honda city and a Performance hatch(like punto abarth and the baleno rs in the sub 8l segment)

republic_roi97

Country flag
This is actually quite good
See the Bajaj-ktm duo,there is no bike in the 2l segment which canoot feel the heat of this combo
The pulsars,duke and rc's have eaten away the competition.......

Companies should work together to build the engine and then tune the engine as per their requirements.....Its economical and best option
And the best thing about this JLR Discovery looking TATA vehicle is that it isn't a chinese rip off, rather is a TATA's own subsidiary's JV with another TATA Subsidary (JLR and TATA Motors) to produce a vehicle that is fully licensed and legitimately produced.

republic_roi97

Country flag
Poor mans land rover,I guess i should start saving though i wont buy it...............

Tata's have improved their standards at a skyrocketing speed...........
3 years back all they had was crappy indicas and safaris and sumo's
Now they have the hexa,tiago,bolt and zest and many great cars in the pipeline which will improve their image.....

Now they need is a good mid size sedan which can take on Honda city and a Performance hatch(like punto abarth and the baleno rs in the sub 8l segment)
Yes they are coming up with a premium hatchback that is going to compete against i20, baleno, Jazz, polo etc. I guess that would mark TATA's entry into premium car segment

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
And the best thing about this JLR Discovery looking TATA vehicle is that it isn't a chinese rip off, rather is a TATA's own subsidiary's JV with another TATA Subsidary (JLR and TATA Motors) to produce a vehicle that is fully licensed and legitimately produced.
Man i have ridden some chinese bikes in indonesia and malaysia and trust me they are worse than royal enfields,poor brakes and build quality at first,worst throttle response(even if you have twisted the throttle the max point,there are chances the engine might go off)
Yes they are coming up with a premium hatchback that is going to compete against i20, baleno, Jazz, polo etc. I guess that would mark TATA's entry into premium car segment
Ooooohhhh......
That's quite intresting

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles