Indian Automotive Sector

Kumata

Country flag
Which else the only other forum for automotive where Mods feel they are came straight out ass of british colonial ruler so they want proper grammar and also top class Mudi re fascist re govt tax hike re . bla bla . I am not member of the forum luckily my joining request was never approved them i came to DFI .

Seriously the people there they behave exactly like the leftshits or so called intellectuals we know what is best the masses should follow us and listen to us .

we say 86 bhp on Tata punch is pathetic then its pathetic no ifs and buts , but then maruti and hyundai sells 20k cars a month which has 50-70 bhp power .
Eggjactly but i am of firm belief that even a nuisance have a value in this world ...rest It would be inappropriate to bash them for what ever their requirements are :) :)

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Saw the belta...comes with added Toyota tax & fortuner at 47L is day light robbery in a legal way...

Honda - I cannot even hope anything from them... Unless I see it launched... No hopes from Honda... They r happy selling amaze and activas...
Ya'll Nibbiars Honda HRV seeing tested again.

images - 2021-10-08T115124.233.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars And the Slavia is even worse product than Kushaq. Skoda's India2.0 program is a worest programmer ever, with quality. The most important thing for enthusiasts aspiring or looking forward to this sedan, is to remember one of the journalist's previous comments on the MQB A0 IN platform. The car body cannot get any wider than Kushaq's; I remember very well, reading this.

The width is the maximum that the MQB A0 IN can accommodate and offer. If that stands true and what the auto journalist shared is a fact, then one could assume the rear seat of Slavia might not be wide enough to accommodate 3 adults reasonably well like Honda City, perhaps?. In the Kushaq, even 2 healthy adults and a kid in centre, isn't nearly comfortable?. Width may be just similar to what one can find in Kushaq.

Kumata

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Honda HRV seeing tested again.

View attachment 113767
Let us see till how far they test and ensure it as DUD by putting in HONDA TAX . they need to learn from success of Amaze & price their products aggressively.

My friend was looking to buy Manual amaze and once we sat on table to negotiate, Diff between Manual & auto was very genuine & Nominal given the fact that he was getting a proper CVT than these pseudo AMT's.

He was reluctant to spend extra 70-80 K for CVT .. w literally forced him to go for CVT ... it did helped that saleswomen was considerate in offering few K;s as discounts...He thanks us every time he drives now....

Point is ... Amaze is priced very well for what it offers ...they need to continue the same pricing strategy....

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars it's confirmed Tata is going to bring a MPV based on the Alfa Platforms. And will surely going to share many aspects from the altroz to keep the development cost down. Then it will compete directly with the Ertiga. Which I feel the current generation is only made for the Yellowe plate and not the white plate. Private vehicle owners will finally get a good MPV at this price points.

Haldilal

Country flag
what is the intel on this launch ???

Diwali ?
Ya'll Nibbiars Post Xmas launch date. Probabaly Makar Shakranti. And not just one, two but three new products. One MPV and Two SUV.

Kumata

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Post Xmas launch date. Probabaly Makar Shakranti. And not just one, two but three new products. One MPV and Two SUV.
Aha so next year most probably... they shud have launched around Deepawali....

Kumata

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars it's confirmed Tata is going to bring a MPV based on the Alfa Platforms. And will surely going to share many aspects from the altroz to keep the development cost down. Then it will compete directly with the Ertiga. Which I feel the current generation is only made for the Yellowe plate and not the white plate. Private vehicle owners will finally get a good MPV at this price points.
XL6 is good for what it offer.. my grouse with maruti is always same...

Lack of safety features.
Their unwillingness to change.
continue churning out same wine in new bottle... even bottle is same they just put on some stickers.
Their single minded persuit of "Kitna deti hai" .
Product portfolio is more or less same...

and above all .... they need to get rid of that 4 step pseudoauto....for god sake.. offer a proper CVT ...

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @Kumata Nibba Here's another, easy to fix trend that has been missed by Maruti one even your neighbourhood accessory store can manage in 3 hours. Fancy audio systems with subwoofers are all the rage today. But no Maruti still offers sound quality that truly impresses, does it?. How difficult is this now?. The Punch recent test-drove an upcoming car with 6 speakers that offered very nice SQ. But I don't remember any Maruti coming close.

Is it that hard to select the right speakers & ICE?. Or will we remain obsessed with 200-rupee speakers?.

And @jackprince Nibba absolutely no noise in the Punch.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKC

Kumata

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @Kumata Nibba Here's another, easy to fix trend that has been missed by Maruti one even your neighbourhood accessory store can manage in 3 hours. Fancy audio systems with subwoofers are all the rage today. But no Maruti still offers sound quality that truly impresses, does it?. How difficult is this now?. The Punch recent test-drove an upcoming car with 6 speakers that offered very nice SQ. But I don't remember any Maruti coming close.

Is it that hard to select the right speakers & ICE?. Or will we remain obsessed with 200-rupee speakers?.

And @jackprince Nibba absolutely no noize in the Punch.
right... Interior plastic quality is another...

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @Kumata nibba someone posted this on the BHP.

I checked out the Punch today at a Tata dealership. I am scouring for a car for my Brother In Law whose current ride is a Mahindra KUV 100. Punch is a strong contender so my comparison is with KUV 100 since he wants to replace it with a new car.
  1. The Car is built Tight. Front of the Car looks Muscular. You will easily take it to be a Nexon on a casual glance. Its that Muscular.
  2. For an untrained eye Nexon and Punch side by side will look same cars.
  3. Contrasting colours brings out the Muscular aspects of the car.
  4. Dark colours makes the car look like (if I may say this) beefed up S-Presso.
  5. Car is spacious by the segment standards. Definitely not Nexon/KUV 100 Space.
  6. High headroom will be highly useful.
  7. Flat Floor and adequate space between rear Blower Vents and Seat base.
  8. So middle passenger will feel welcome. Some angles shows the Car as a mix of multiple cars.
  9. Rear Silhouette reminded me of S-Presso albeit a beefed up one.
  10. The Boot Door is small and the size with respect to the Body is Kwid...sh. The boot door reminded me of Kwid.
  11. Ground Clearance is very good. People will do well to scrape its underbody. SA told me the Top End Manual is expected around 8.5 Lakhs. Not sure if this is possible. No idea about price variation of Manual Vs AMT.
  12. Front Doors felt not so heavy (Ref. Nexon). Rear Doors felt Light. Boot Door did not have any weight, felt light (I am comparing against Nexon and KUV 100). But the sound upon closing the doors is good. Does not sound Flimsy. Boot Door sounds Flimsy.
  13. There is a flower shaped cutout for the Horn (Single Tone) on the front Lip. Looks Hideous.
  14. The car will score score 5 stare Ratings. SA was very confident of Punch scoring 5 star ratings. I believe GNCAP score will be out (no way to confirm) soon.
The showroom received 30 cars. Test Drives and Display to start from 9 oct 2021. Tata wants to cash in on the festival season. Don't want customers to wait .

SA told me that they are expecting bookings to increase once the Safety Ratings are out. Shows how much people are valuing Safety. Of course Team BHP review will bring out all the details. Looking forward to it to help us take a call. At this moment I am apprehensive of the 1.2L Engine.

IMG20211008WA0011~2.jpg

Last edited:

sajobajo

Country flag
and above all .... they need to get rid of that 4 step pseudoauto....for god sake.. offer a proper CVT ...
Seriously, 4 Speed Auto was not even cutting edge in 1990. Its a reliable box and offers convenience but thats about it. As per some reports on the internet, its possible that Toyota sourced the same from Aisin-Warner and used the same gearbox in its Corollas and other sundy econonoboxes for Donkey's years. I remember using the O/D button still present on Ciaz/Brezza/Ertiga while pulling a houseload (literally, I was shifting homes across states) on mine on freeway ramps. :dude:
I like the Tata Punch. I liked the way it looks, the equipment it offers, the potential for safety and the (hopefully!) value proposition. However, having personally owned 2 petrol Tatas for more than a decade combined, and then Suzuki and Honda engines, I can certainly say that the Tata horses are lamer than the Japanese horses. For me personally, it is a downgrade in everyway in the engine department, hence I would have to give this one a skip.
That, and AMT. Just cant stand AMT!

Kumata

Country flag
I like the Tata Punch. I liked the way it looks, the equipment it offers, the potential for safety and the (hopefully!) value proposition. However, having personally owned 2 petrol Tatas for more than a decade combined, and then Suzuki and Honda engines, I can certainly say that the Tata horses are lamer than the Japanese horses. For me personally, it is a downgrade in everyway in the engine department, hence I would have to give this one a skip.
Certainly they lack that punch in petrol deptt for sure ...but for a newbie like me... think it would suffice.. and anyways.. how many even know how many horses that block carries... unless it looks good.. it will sell

sajobajo

Country flag
Certainly they lack that punch in petrol deptt for sure ...but for a newbie like me... think it would suffice.. and anyways.. how many even know how many horses that block carries... unless it looks good.. it will sell
You would be surprised at how quickly you go from being a newbie to an enthusiast :) . I have driven the Tiago and while the engine may have sufficient pull for daily use, its vocal and protesting and does not enjoy being asked to work in silence.
I am in need of another vehicle whenever the schools start around here, but :
- Cant afford what I like or even find reasonably acceptable.
- Dont like what I can afford .

Haldilal

Country flag
You would be surprised at how quickly you go from being a newbie to an enthusiast :) . I have driven the Tiago and while the engine may have sufficient pull for daily use, its vocal and protesting and does not enjoy being asked to work in silence.
I am in need of another vehicle whenever the schools start around here, but :
- Cant afford what I like or even find reasonably acceptable.
- Dont like what I can afford .
Ya'll Nibbiars My Tiago doesn't make noise. The facelifted Tiagos Interiores are better made covered.

Haldilal

Country flag
Mere sir pe Suzuki ki gaadi kyun chipka raha bhai?? I don't like them anyway. Waise what do you think about aftersales service of Tata?
Ya'll Nibbiars they have improved its dramatically. It's as good as any other OEM After sales services.

Haldilal

Country flag
Seriously, 4 Speed Auto was not even cutting edge in 1990. Its a reliable box and offers convenience but thats about it. As per some reports on the internet, its possible that Toyota sourced the same from Aisin-Warner and used the same gearbox in its Corollas and other sundy econonoboxes for Donkey's years. I remember using the O/D button still present on Ciaz/Brezza/Ertiga while pulling a houseload (literally, I was shifting homes across states) on mine on freeway ramps. :dude:
Ya'll Nibbiars

No way will they position it above altroz. And altroz still gets TFT instrument cluster, albeit only in the top most XZ+ trim. The XZ(O) customers spends 45k extra for the XZ+.

Tiago.

Tigor.

Punch.

Altroz.

Nexon.

Harrier.

Safari.

This has to be the positioning.

To be honest, they need to position it in the level of ignis. That means the top end has to be 8 to 9 lakhs on road. If that's the case, Punch will become the best selling Tata soon.

Reactions: SKC

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
@Haldilal billa.

Skoda Kushaq Owner Says ‘Worst Experience of Buying Rs 18 Lakh Car’

The “robust” fuel pump doesn’t seem to be the solution for the Skoda Kushaq EPC issue. The Czech carmaker is struggling with the customers’ complaints of the EPC issue in the Kushaq SUV. The news around the Creta-rival has been overshadowed by the continuous and relentless complaints from the customers who are facing extreme problems with the Kushaq. The EPC issue is forcing them to get stranded on the roads. After the EPC error symbol appears, the car is stalled and it had to be towed away to the service workshop. This is happening within the first few days of buying the Kushaq.
https://www.carblogindia.com/robust-fuel-pump-no-solution-epc-issue-skoda-kushaq/

Haldilal

Country flag
@Haldilal billa.

Skoda Kushaq Owner Says ‘Worst Experience of Buying Rs 18 Lakh Car’

The “robust” fuel pump doesn’t seem to be the solution for the Skoda Kushaq EPC issue. The Czech carmaker is struggling with the customers’ complaints of the EPC issue in the Kushaq SUV. The news around the Creta-rival has been overshadowed by the continuous and relentless complaints from the customers who are facing extreme problems with the Kushaq. The EPC issue is forcing them to get stranded on the roads. After the EPC error symbol appears, the car is stalled and it had to be towed away to the service workshop. This is happening within the first few days of buying the Kushaq.
https://www.carblogindia.com/robust-fuel-pump-no-solution-epc-issue-skoda-kushaq/
Ya'll Nibbiars The Quality of Skoda Rapid is much higher than the current Skoda Kishaq. They have made many cuts here and there. The Rapid was a bench mark in tje quality then and even now. The quality of Skoda Vehicles in India has fallen to all tim low. Their pricing, position strategy is worse.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles