Indian Army Tata Kestrel 8x8 Wheeled Armoured Personnel Carrier

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Oh please stop talking about good behavior. You respond to everything out of the context of the original discussion. And there is no shortage of the non sensical trash talking from you when you try to say your point. Dalla and what not.

You said missiles that take 60 years to develop. I pointed out to you how wrong you are by showcasing agnis and Prithvis. Yet you wish to focus on nag. Modify your statement to ‘DRDO is taking 60 years to develop an ATGM’. Don’t say that ‘DRDO is taking 60 years to develop a missile’.

You said there’s no focus on good night vision stuff, and I pointed out to You about tonbo. You’ve conveniently shifted the discussion to weather jackets and wind cheaters. How in gods name can you ask tonbo to make weather jackets? You literally were arguing about nvg. And you shifted the same point to weather jackets.

Repeatedly you cry about rudras and lch not being armed. And I’ve shown you politely how much you LIE. You think a nexter gun and rocket pods are shit? Then why did you buy the mi26 from Russia. Which only had shit. You’ve also been repeatedly told that the lch will be armed with an ATGM. Mostly a foreign one. So that you will stop complaining if it’s a local one. Because let’s face it. All the foreign maal, even if there is a deficiency, you will not shout about it here.

If you’re given a rebuttal, stop crying about something else as a follow up. I’ll say this again. You’re fit for crying. Not for a point by point rebuttal. No outcome talking to you.
Tobo is DRDO ??? Let it be at that.... of course, you are behaving as a sales man dalal of Tonbo.. I have nothing against it.. Waht about a large fullfledged Defence Electronics Applications Laboratory in Dehradun.. they have not been employed for ages to shake their "tonbos"....

NAG was Christined in 1983 as part of the Integrated Missile development program and before that also it was ATGM program, call it Viper or Russel or SS11B1 ... and yes it is sixty years by now and two generations of scientists working on ATGM have proceeded on pension.. and we have baba Jui ka Thula in hand..
Your rebuttal is in the class of "Tu Chal Main Aata Hun"... Main hoon Na... like a typical looser. When did Army say that only Helina will be fitted with LCH ? It is Charlies like you who insist on that and thereby sabotage Indian Forces combat readiness.. Now shub that LCH somewhere....

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Tobo is DRDO ??? Let it be at that.... of course, you are behaving as a sales man dalal of Tonbo.. I have nothing against it.. Waht about a large fullfledged Defence Electronics Applications Laboratory in Dehradun.. they have not been employed for ages to shake their "tonbos"....

NAG was Christined in 1983 as part of the Integrated Missile development program and before that also it was ATGM program, call it Viper or Russel or SS11B1 ... and yes it is sixty years by now and two generations of scientists working on ATGM have proceeded on pension.. and we have baba Jui ka Thula in hand..
Your rebuttal is in the class of "Tu Chal Main Aata Hun"... Main hoon Na... like a typical looser. When did Army say that only Helina will be fitted with LCH ? It is Charlies like you who insist on that and thereby sabotage Indian Forces combat readiness.. Now shub that LCH somewhere....
Aa Gaya wapas. As usual you don’t respond to your original post,,’ but circling around like a crow.
When did I say tonbo is drdo? Can you not read? You said we don’t have nvg stuff that can see beyond a few meters. And I pointed out TONBO has such stuff and for you to stop lying. Now you call me a tonbo salesman. See how immature your rebuttals are. Name calling. Is that what they teach you wherever you work at?

DUDE. You said we should develop a ‘missile’ that does not take 60 years to develop. And I said we have the agnis and prithvis. To show that you’re wrong. And THEN you bring in NAG.
Because of course the childish immaturity in you wants to prove that your statement was not wrong, and you switch it up to ATGM.

Abey, stop twisting your words and talk straight to the points that you made. Your attitude is ‘I WILL FIND shit in everything I see. And anyone who says anything other wise is also SHIT’.

There you go lying again. HAL has said they would integrate spikes. And yes. If HELINA is good enough for the IA, it should be integrated. This is to point out to you that the LCH will come with an ATGM. Now sit.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
While I would prefer if they selected Kestrel, I would be okay as a second preference if they had Stryker manufactured here. As long as these platforms are manufactured here, we will be okay. Unlike airforce platforms, these won’t just be screwdrivergiri. Just like the Vajra.

With artillery, I’m more insistent that we get the ATAGS. If there is a problem of additional weight in mountainous terrain, they should build a specific numbers with titanium replacements as offered, costlier but the only way to go about these things. Wasting time now should not be an option. For specific light howitzer requirement, there should be a mix of the M777 and the Kalyani ultra light gun. It’s about time we got cracking on this, we have wasted 30 years, we simply do not have the luxury of wasting even more time.
What Kind of logic is that... ?? accept ten times more expensive titanium ATAGS but accept ATGS... what is so good about ATAGS ? Will that solve the problem of gun length and 15m turning radius requirement of towed artillery. I know you will come up typically with argument that the govt should spend 100 thousand crores in improving mountain roads to accommodate ATAGS.. typical Arjun like arguments

Army without aiming... hah ... making without any application of basic common sense.

As it is ATAGS has been pegged at twice the cost of Dhanus and ATHOS. It only gives 10km additional range with extended range- special round and supper charge which artillery will not fire even once in ten years to preserve barrel life.

Because of good five-ton more weight the gun would not be fit enough for MGS. Indian Army though can buy a few pieces for the static role and place those opposite Lahore...

It is simply a no go for mountains... ships and air transportation...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Aa Gaya wapas. As usual you don’t respond to your original post,,’ but circling around like a crow.
When did I say tonbo is drdo? Can you not read? You said we don’t have nvg stuff that can see beyond a few meters. And I pointed out TONBO has such stuff and for you to stop lying. Now you call me a tonbo salesman. See how immature your rebuttals are. Name calling. Is that what they teach you wherever you work at?

DUDE. You said we should develop a ‘missile’ that does not take 60 years to develop. And I said we have the agnis and prithvis. To show that you’re wrong. And THEN you bring in NAG.
Because of course the childish immaturity in you wants to prove that your statement was not wrong, and you switch it up to ATGM.

Abey, stop twisting your words and talk straight to the points that you made. Your attitude is ‘I WILL FIND shit in everything I see. And anyone who says anything other wise is also SHIT’.

There you go lying again. HAL has said they would integrate spikes. And yes. If HELINA is good enough for the IA, it should be integrated. This is to point out to you that the LCH will come with an ATGM. Now sit.
In three posts you have come down to the level of mother earth... your aukat...
because you aimed at that... discussion is out of your capacity and upbringing..
So let it be at that///
Do not spoil the thread ..go shit somewhere else.. you shitty fellow..

Tumse Na Hoga ....:nono:

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
In three posts you have come down to the level of mother earth... your aukat...
because you aimed at that... discussion is out of your capacity and upbringing..
So let it be at that///
Do not spoil the thread ..go shit somewhere else.. you shitty fellow..

Tumse Na Hoga ....:nono:
Lo, a retard such as you still can’t reply to your original post, and accept that your shitty post was full of lies. Takes a humble person to accept their mistakes. Something that the likes of you (wherever you are from) will not be able to do. As usual, you’re down to name calling, and cheap insults.

May you rot in the ignorance , stupidity, immaturity and retardness that you carry now. I’m sure you inherit that from somewhere.
You’ve showcased your crying/lying ability to the whole forum.

Tata.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
WHAP
Indian Army has issued an RFI for requirement of Whap .

Without reading the RFI and knowing what is the requirements people here have been jumping the bandwagon and mostly crying TATA Kestrel in a trade Union Fashion.

Certain things must be clear :

* It is a complete anti-tank system and a missle launher with missiles and not a vehicle that is being asked for..
* It is not an APC or ICV that is being asked for but a wheeled AFV .
* It is not meant for Ladakh but to equip Indian Army Recce and Sp battalions in developed terrin of Punjab and Rajasthan..
* It is not emergency procurement but supplies are to be made in four yers..
* Number is 198.

So any one who offers his comments on any particular platform must offer a complete Whap platform with armaments and ammunition including missiles. Just to say TATA Kestrel or Stryker or Humvee is not good enough..

The missile and armament requirements are mentioned in RFI given before...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Doesn't nag fit the bill? 500 mts minimum range and 4 km max range as kestrel is supposed to be modular so mounting atgm shouldn't be a problem.
There are three requirements of ATMG.
NAG may be able to meet one requirement or even the second but there is no way the 45 kg beast can be taken out and launched with the launcher from the ground...

Alligator

Country flag
1597040948808.png

Imo this is the turret ia should be considering for its whap requirement not the bmp-2 turret
This one is from l&t
It is unmanned thus offers better protection to the crew
It also uses the same 30mm 2a42 canon as the bmp which means commonality of parts and ammunition
And it meats all requirements of the rfi ie
6 smoke grenade launchers
Coaxial 7.62 gun
Independent gunner and commander sights allowing for a hunter killer fcs
Twin 4km range atgm

Tuco

Country flag
There are three requirements of ATMG.
NAG may be able to meet one requirement or even the second but there is no way the 45 kg beast can be taken out and launched with the launcher from the ground...
Spike has been already bought and hope that mpatgm gets done in time 😅🤞

Tuco

Country flag
View attachment 55963
Imo this is the turret ia should be considering for its whap requirement not the bmp-2 turret
This one is from l&t
It also uses the same 30mm 2a42 canon as the bmp which means commonality of parts and ammunition
Coaxial 7.62 gun
Have they actually built any prototype or have tested it?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
View attachment 55963
This one is from l&t
Coaxial 7.62 gun
Twin 4km range atgm
IA will evaluate the complete platform as a system and not individual components..

Since TAT Krestal will be one of the competitors they will decide on which missiles they have to offer and which turret they have to offer...

Stryker certainly has a tailormade solution as Missile laucher stykers with hellfire or other missiles..

Tuco

Country flag
IA will evaluate the complete platform as a system and not individual components..

Since TAT Krestal will be one of the competitors they will decide on which missiles they have to offer and which turret they have to offer...

Stryker certainly has a tailormade solution as Missile laucher stykers with hellfire or other missiles..
This is good actually evaluating whole platform , things move faster. Same approach should have been applied to lch's and rudras let them just offer the complete platform per the requirements with armaments. In most of our cases platforms are ready but armaments no where is sight. Toothless claw less tigers.
I don't know why it takes so much time just to choose armaments why can't they just do things in parallel.

Alligator

Country flag

I agree with you that systems need to be trialled as a whole
But the reason I specifically mentioned the l&t turret is because of the use of bmp canon
All other turrets showcased by Tata (kongsberg,elbit etc) used 30 mm nato canon whose round is not produced in India
More so not a single weapon system uses that calibre in india
Other modern turrets using bmp canon are available but as imports , so why look outside when a company is producing it locally
ia and mod need to wake up and reward innovation with orders

Tuco

Country flag
I agree with you that systems need to be trialled as a whole
But the reason I specifically mentioned the l&t turret is because of the use of bmp canon
All other turrets showcased by Tata (kongsberg,elbit etc) used 30 mm nato canon whose round is not produced in India
More so not a single weapon system uses that calibre in india
Other modern turrets using bmp canon are available but as imports , so why look outside when a company is producing it locally
ia and mod need to wake up and reward innovation with orders
Cross company collaboration over components do happen in US. Not sure of such collabs happening in India between tier one companies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles