Indian Army T- 90 (Bhishma) and T- 72 (M-1) Tanks

Arihant Roy

Country flag
So kunal Biswas on twitter is saying we have a equivalent gun to 2A46M 5. This guy is a MOD here I think.
View attachment 66399

OFB site show indigenous gun for T 90 and 72.
View attachment 66398View attachment 66396

One closer look at the bottom shows how pathetic this gun really is with 250 EFC...2A46M 5 is around 1200, i think. There is no mention of chamber pressure. I bet it's no better than older 2A46M from 80s maybe 6000 max. so where is this indigenous 2A46M-5 equivalent ? or is it another , Arjun style teer kaman.

@Bleh @ArgonPrime @fire starter
I myself have done an internship at MSF where all barrels of T-72/T-90, FH-77B and Dhanush, IFG and LFG are forged . Then they are sent to factories in Kanpur for further processes. Most made in India barrels of the above tanks and howitzers begin their life at MSF.

During my time, the barrels of T-90 were a customised variant of T-72 barrel since Russians hadn't parted with complete ToT. The metallurgy and manufacturing processes in terms of the various heat treatment steps are exactly similar. The T-72 barrel just differs in some dimensions.

Or it can also be the newly designed ordnance block developed in house and Army is replacing the worn out barrels of T-72 with this new one .
Whatever it is both barrels were similar.

I did my internship in 2016 .

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I myself have done an internship at MSF where all barrels of T-72/T-90, FH-77B and Dhanush, IFG and LFG are forged . Then they are sent to factories in Kanpur for further processes.

During my time, the barrels of T-90 were a customised variant of T-72 barrel since Russians hadn't parted with complete ToT. The metallurgy and manufacturing processes in terms of the various heat treatment steps are exactly similar. The T-72 barrel just differs in some dimensions.

Or it can also be the newly designed ordnance block developed in house and Army is replacing the worn out barrels of T-72 with this new one .
Whatever it is both barrels were similar.

I did my internship in 2016 .
I think I have the chamber pressure and EFC figures for both the barrels but I will have to search around .

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Basically a garb for some foreign suppliers to provide india technology under the table. and also to make money for dalal's in india as well as abroad.
OshoCorp is among the very few Indian companies in receipt of multiple Defence Industrial License (DIL) from Govt of India for manufacturing various Restricted Sensitive Defence Systems.

Keep farting.

Tuco

Country flag
Its a fishy company started in 2015. Comission agents of agri products and live animals. They basically sold chickens before this.
Their name sounds like those Mafia company names from a web series. Will be happy if at least they can absorb the how to's and whys from abroad.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
OshoCorp is among the very few Indian companies in receipt of multiple Defence Industrial License (DIL) from Govt of India for manufacturing various Restricted Sensitive Defence Systems.

Keep farting.
Yes and where do you think that technology comes from ?

Ajax01

Country flag
They are listed under DRDO TDF so I guess some DRDO-Army guys vetted them and their manufactring facilities and checked percentage of import in their products. I hope?
Their Key Focus areas include:
Acoustical engineering, Aeronautics, Aerospace & Avionics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Algorithm Engineering, Armament Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Avionic Engineering, Biomechatronics engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Combat Engineering, Communication Engineering, Environmental Engineering, HVAC: heating ventilation and air conditioning, Instrumentation engineering, Microwave and RF Engineering, Modelling & Simulation Engineering, Nanotechnology Engineering, Navigation Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Optical engineering, Radar and Surveillance Engineering, Radiation Protection Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Sensor Engineering .
That is every goddamn thing in defence they could think of they have put here. This certainly is fishy.

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They are listed under DRDO TDF so I guess some DRDO-Army guys vetted them and their manufactring facilities and checked percentage of import in their products. I hope?
Their Key Focus areas include:
Acoustical engineering, Aeronautics, Aerospace & Avionics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Algorithm Engineering, Armament Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Avionic Engineering, Biomechatronics engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Combat Engineering, Communication Engineering, Environmental Engineering, HVAC: heating ventilation and air conditioning, Instrumentation engineering, Microwave and RF Engineering, Modelling & Simulation Engineering, Nanotechnology Engineering, Navigation Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Optical engineering, Radar and Surveillance Engineering, Radiation Protection Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Sensor Engineering .
That is every goddamn thing in defence they could think of they have put here. This certainly is fishy.
There are many other such companies too who don't even have their own website but are active participants in strategic programmes.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles