Indian Army: News and Discussion

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
BSF gets Rs360 crore for raising 29 new battalions - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

New Delhi: The government has approved a Rs360 crore plan for Border Security Force to raise 29 new battalions comprising nearly 30,000 personnel within the next five years raising its strength to nearly 200,000.
The fund to raise the battalions was sanctioned by Union home ministry recently as part of its expansion programme for central paramilitary forces, BSF director general M.L. Kumawat said.
With this, the strength of BSF will go up to 186 battalions, comprising about 190,000 personnel, in the next five years.
It will procure eight Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopters from Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd and purchase one large transport plane and two small aircraft from abroad within this fiscal, a BSF official said.
The Central paramilitary force, which has been guarding the borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh, was sanctioned eight helicopters and three aircraft earlier for patrolling the borders and to transport men and material in case of emergencies.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1257313

The agency is raiding several premises in both cities as the lid comes off the dirty world of arms dealers and their links at the highest echelons of India's defence establishment.
During his tenure, Ghosh had aggressively pushed for several joint ventures with Israeli firms. The last big deal was for IMI to set up a massive ordnance factory complex in Nalanda, Bihar, at Rs1,200 crore for making Bofors ammunition.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Heh :D It ll be good to see Major DCL officially confirmed as a thick-skinned alcohol guzzling dinosaur!
Dear Dave,
If at all you extend a helping hand, I might look ahead to be a Lieutenant Colonel with your army.:tank:

...Sheesh...
I wish you had been a bit more precise and respectful to that specie on the otherplace...:wink::p:D
Call it single grain scotch.:sharabi:
Sir I called the elder dinosaur ( as you are the younger dinosaur now) a beaver army transvetite club visiting shoe shopping man, doesnt get any more respectful than that without getting banished :D
Rofl !
The Colonel's designation would be incomplete without the words "Scotch" and "Celine Dion" :D

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
BSF has a theme song, thanks to A R Rahman - India - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: The Border Security Force (BSF) jawans will now march to the beats of Oscar winner A R Rahman. The music composer, who enchanted the world with his `Jai Ho' number, has composed the theme song for the paramilitary force.

The five minute song — `Hum Seema Suraksha Bal... Veeron ka hai ye dal (We are the Border Security Force... it is the force of the brave)' — composed by Rahman praises the strength and valour of the force which is responsible for guarding the Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh borders.

"The credit for the song goes to Meghalaya governor R S Moosahary, who is a former director-general of the force. He helped us get in touch with Rahman, who composed the song without charging any money for it," BSF chief M L Kumawat told reporters on the occasion of the force's investiture ceremony here on Thursday.

After being formally released on the occasion, the song, which also captures the emotional tribulations of a jawan guarding the border while leaving his family behind, comes with a video — titled `Borderman' — showing BSF men in action along the border, undergoing training and the famous `change of guard' ceremony at Wagah border.

Kumawat said: "The song and the video capture the true spirit of the force. Rahman has also promised to come and spend time with our men to boost their morale."

On the occasion, the BSF chief also announced that the force — which will soon begin the process of raising its strength by recruiting 29,000 more personnel — would also undertake a massive modernisation project costing over Rs 6,000 crore in the next five years.

The plan will also see the construction of 509 new border outposts along the Indo-Pak and Indo-Bangla borders, nine new sectors and three more frontier headquarters.

Sailor

I'm the dumb Aussie of the forum. If you stay around you will see me shooting my mouth off about all the stuff I know nothing about.

Sailor

Buy the way, every time I see your forum name I always think of the old movie ZULU. That officer of engineers Jack Hawkins.

How do you like the Avatar I found for you old mate?

Officer of Engineers

Professional
Hehehehehahahahahhahaha ... perhaps one day I will share the story how I misplaced an entire bridge.

However, I do like and will use when I finally learn this freaking software.

deltacamelately

Professional
Col Sir,

I am now ABSOLUTELY interested to know about the misplaced bridge.
Surprising, how come you misplace an entire bridge, but manage to locate vagabonds who are at large?:wink::D

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
good news:

Protest withdrawn, Indian peacekeepers on way to Congo

India has resolved a long standing problem over sending troops for peacekeeping missions to Congo after the country withdrew its protest against the deployment of Indian troops in UN missions.

More than six months after the Congolese government wrote to the UN asking it not to send any new troops from India, the first batch of Indian soldiers are set to leave for the peacekeeping mission on May 27. Sources said the matter was resolved after Congo withdrew its protest and apologised to the Indian government. While India is not yet considering additional deployments, the troops are being sent to replace peacekeepers who have been serving in the country.
Officials had then said that India was fed up with consistent and often ‘irrational’ complaints against its peacekeepers in the country. The complaints, officials said, often came through foreign social service organisations operating in the country.

In March, the Army gave a clean chit to around 100 soldiers who were indicted by an internal UN investigation for child abuse and sexual exploitation while posted at a peacekeeping mission in Congo. The Army’s inquiry into the matter did not find ‘even a single shred of evidence’ against its soldiers.

dave lukins

Professional
I think he means 'he lost at Bridge'.

No, he really lost a Bridge..and I'll let you into a secret, but you must promise not to tell anyone...He is a real colonel and he is an Officer of Engineers..but keep that to yourself as we don't want to embarrass him:D

Global Defence

New threads

Articles