Indian Army: News and Discussion

KaiGenji

Country flag
What sort of symbols ?
All regiments have different insigania in Indian army , which are unique
Regimental insignia - unique to india
Divison and command symbol - again unique to india
Air force squadron insignia - unique to india.
Divison and command symbol - again unique to india
That one. Something like a NATO symbol
Is there any documentation on Indian symbols if possible?

KaiGenji

Country flag
Do you basically equip backpacks and other equipment in the Indian Army?
Also, what night vision goggles are primarily used by the Indian Army?

Last edited:

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Do you basically equip backpacks and other equipment in the Indian Army?
Also, what night vision goggles are primarily used by the Indian Army?
What do you mean by equip backpacks and other equipments?
As far as night vision goes, the most common ones are weapon mounted night vision sights. Helmet mounted, PVS 14 category ones are lesser in number, usually 1-2 per section (10)

KaiGenji

Country flag
What do you mean by equip backpacks and other equipments?
As far as night vision goes, the most common ones are weapon mounted night vision sights. Helmet mounted, PVS 14 category ones are lesser in number, usually 1-2 per section (10)
I am translating the conversation, so there may be some discrepancies, but this is a field bag carried by an infantryman.

Blood+

Country flag
I am translating the conversation, so there may be some discrepancies, but this is a field bag carried by an infantryman.
Short answer - there's no standardization in the Indian Army, for the concept is as alien to the top brass as is Andromeda.

KaiGenji

Country flag
Short answer - there's no standardization in the Indian Army, for the concept is as alien to the top brass as is Andromeda.
I see? Does that mean that the field bags themselves are bought and equipped by each soldier?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I see? Does that mean that the field bags themselves are bought and equipped by each soldier?
No don't even think that , it's a army rather one of largest in the world and not a rabble or a mob of bandits .
They are professional, have a set standardized equipment provided by the army .
Different unit commanders have the power to purchase some mission specific equipment to Fastrack the process.
Standardization, highest standards of drill and discipline along the courage are the hall marks of Indian army.
Some members here sadly have a tendency to berate the army for their own nefarious minds and to plant disinformation among forum members.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
No don't even think that , it's a army rather one of largest in the world and not a rabble or a mob of bandits .
They are professional, have a set standardized equipment provided by the army .
Different unit commanders have the power to purchase some mission specific equipment to Fastrack the process.
Standardization, highest standards of drill and discipline along the courage are the hall marks of Indian army.
Some members here sadly have a tendency to berate the army for their own nefarious minds and to plant disinformation among forum members.
I firmly believe it's my duty as a patriot and as a member of " feeling proud Indian army Jung ke maidaan me kade na haarte " club that I must fight this unholy and nefarious spread of misinformation.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles