Indian Army: News and Discussion

fooLIam

It is appaling and ridiculous that we do not have any national security documents. How are we supposed lay out who is enemy and what steps to be taken.
Coming from a country which surrounded by enemies.

rkhanna

Country flag
It is appaling and ridiculous that we do not have any national security documents. How are we supposed lay out who is enemy and what steps to be taken.
Nah - The Fact that the COAS is making a comment after retiring and doing nothing while in the chair is a bigger problem.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
just because there is no public document in place, doesn't mean there is no strategy in place. after all we are seeing so much movement in terms of infra, acquisition, institutionalisation etc.

for the sake of playing devil's advocate consider this, the timeline of emergence of chinese virus coincides with trump administration publicly declaring chini economy is a strategic threat to U.S. internal institutions may get a direction because of document, the adversary also gets to plan a counter strategy.

that being said, i am in favour of having a public document on national security assessment. i don't think national security action points document is public is any country.

fooLIam

just because there is no public document in place, doesn't mean there is no strategy in place. after all we are seeing so much movement in terms of infra, acquisition, institutionalisation etc.

for the sake of playing devil's advocate consider this, the timeline of emergence of chinese virus coincides with trump administration publicly declaring chini economy is a strategic threat to U.S. internal institutions may get a direction because of document, the adversary also gets to plan a counter strategy.

that being said, i am in favour of having a public document on national security assessment. i don't think national security action points document is public is any country.
A public national security documents(which identifies enemy and steps need to taken) will bring us clearity to all citizens including but not limited to all lower rung sarkari afsar than there will less case of Indian railway opting for Chinese surveillance system or other companies opting for Chinese communication system.

we are democracy, most thing are not secret anyways.Than it would be not easy to propagate Aman ki Tamasha.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
A public national security documents(which identifies enemy and steps need to taken) will bring us clearity to all citizens including but not limited to all lower rung sarkari afsar than there will less case of Indian railway opting for Chinese surveillance system or other companies opting for Chinese communication system.

we are democracy, most thing are not secret anyways.Than it would be not easy to propagate Aman ki Tamasha.
Aman Ki tamasha happened because Government of the day didn't object to it, a public national security document is also released by government of the day. Government of the day is at the centre of both.

fooLIam

Old articles

Last edited:

factfigures

Country flag
While you are most likely correct that this was something other than a grenade, just as an FYI- Phosphorus Grenades burn
Humbly accepted your point.
As I understand, you mean the phosphorus inside the Grenades when the fire reaches there and not the outer shell.

rkhanna

Country flag
Humbly accepted your point.
As I understand, you mean the phosphorus inside the Grenades when the fire reaches there and not the outer shell.
Not sure what you mean. I am talking about White Phosphorus Incendiary grenades - white Phosphorus ignites when exposed to moist air / oxygen and burns anything and everything in its path.

Outside of the obvious uses, US SOF still use these grandes to Destroy equipment left behind (comms / vehicles etc)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles