Ambassador
INDIAN ARMY AVATION ( NEXT 30 YEARS )

MTA

DHRUV

HAL LUH

HAL LCH

Last edited:

Tomcat

i am of the opionin that the IA should have control of all rotary wing aircraft and all fixed wing avation should be under the domain of the airforce

i am also of the opion that by giving the IA the Rotary wings it will make the battle field situation more fluid and the AAC can provide better quick CAS support

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
i am of the opionin that the IA should have control of all rotary wing aircraft and all fixed wing avation should be under the domain of the airforce
IA do require Light Fixed Wing Aircrafts ( Turbo-props / AJT or IJT ) as it is needed in 1999 also in previous wars.

am also of the opion that by giving the IA the Rotary wings it will make the battle field situation more fluid and the AAC can provide better quick CAS support
Its already implemeted and practised sinces 1990s..

Zebra

Country flag
Military Aviation Wing.

All forum members , kindly post which rotorcraft and fixed wing ( turboprop / jet engine ) aircraft they like for Indian Army's air wing .

:india::sweden::israel:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"All forum members , kindly post which rotorcraft and fixed wing ( turboprop / jet engine ) aircraft they like for Indian Army's air wing ."

For attack, this tough guy here will do for me:

For transport and search and rescue operations, this one:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sorry for the snag above. No way I'm gonna pay for that. Anyway, here's the pic:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

bhramos

Country flag
SHOULD HAVE:

STRIKE BIRDS:

TRANSPORT:

Army is willing to have attack choppers and MTA for transport for now..
hi bro, this combination is good, all others are posting American Dreams, which could or may never be Reality........

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This baby here is offered to India and I personally think would be an excellent addition to the tactical airlift capability. It has proven itself in numerous battles from the jungle of Vietnam to the rugged mountains of Afghanistan.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This baby here is offered to India and I personally think would be an excellent addition to the tactical airlift capability. It has proven itself in numerous battles from the jungle of Vietnam to the rugged mountains of Afghanistan.

Compare with MI-26...........

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Mi26 is not exactly a practical military helicopter. This behemoth should be operated by the IAF (not the IA) for very specific extremely heavy lift tasks. But for regular maneuvers or commando operations nothing beats the Chinook. The latter should be inducted in sufficient numbers.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Mi26 is not exactly a practical military helicopter. This behemoth should be operated by the IAF (not the IA) for very specific extremely heavy lift tasks. But for regular maneuvers or commando operations nothing beats the Chinook. The latter should be inducted in sufficient numbers.
So, if u saying not for heavy duty but for commando operation....

What are the important factors are needed for a helo to be used in commando operations and what type of commando operations ?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I mentioned commando operations only to highlight the versatility of the aircraft. The Chinook can be regularly used for a host of regular military operations, personnel and equipment transport, special ops, SAR while the Mi26 will have a much more limited role of almost purely heavy lift ops.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles