Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Country flag
Don't worry about it. Only T-90 can operates in that region anyway.

What region were you suggesting here ?

The upgraded version is 49.5 tonnes.

T-90MS already weights 48-50tons- APS and reinforcement for IED, APS and other feature add weight too- I don't know the upgrade package of Bhishma T-90S but I would put it anywhere between 50-52 tons keeping in mind Its need to run into towns and come out of it safely-

There is no difference. APC is part of the FICV.

FICV- is a whole package- It would have low recoil guns and guided weapons etc- along with troop carrying capability- It counts in light tank as well-

You can believe what you want.
It is not believe- I wrote about what I know and what is there-

Country flag
This indicates how little you know of the terrain anywhere.

Further, you have no idea of MOUT. Unless it is unavoidable no one would engage in Urban Warfare and instead circumvent it.

Check modern warfare history, especially Indian.

Since you have not been to the operational areas, either in the East or West, your contentions are academic bereft of reality.

Visit and then come back with educated comments.
I understand about avoidable part- But war machines are prepared for the least wanted scenarios too- If I am not wrong-

I am currently at NJP-

This summer I was in Sikkim-

p2prada

Can you please read the reason given for post deletion, instead of asking something that is already answered?
That's BS. He writes whatever he wants, and I'm not allowed to?

I have already provided the rebuttals to anybody who has bothered to read the thread from the beginning. The answers I gave him were more than enough.

Post 16
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-2.html#post869968

Post 38
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-3.html#post870076

Post 50
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-4.html#post870420

Post 54
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-4.html#post870581

Post 54 in particular is important because it has an interview with the army's ex-brass who believe the T-90 is better.

Post 55
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-4.html#post870593

Post 78
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-6.html#post871036
I have explained some points about ToT.

Post 85
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-6.html#post871053
Kills the misconception that T-90 ToT was not provided since the first indigenously made T-90 was delivered in 2009.

Post 86
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-6.html#post871055
Pics from the first batch. 2009.

It was in this thread that I was banned by your moderator for a month or more. He tells me to read through the thread when he himself doesn't have the ability to discern wrong information from the right ones.

Bottom-line: If you posts get repeatedly deleted, try to revise the way you write your comments. Frankly, I find it repeatedly offensive.
Please. All I have seen is the mod in questions posts whatever crap he finds on the internet that suits his agenda.

Here's to our first T-90 that we built with just 40% ToT. :rofl:

Ask your near dear moderator to post real sources, which he has never done in the last 4 years I have seen him on the forum. Or ask him to prove all the above pictures are fake. He'll probably say they are cardboard or that's Russian lobby at work.

I have presented all real sources, I even presented two sources from 2004 and 2010 carrying the exact same news about Catherine too. He has read them all.

He is already living in a bubble, you want to join him too?

p2prada

Use the quote feature. It is simple

[ quote ] My post [ /quote ]
Your post.

Repeat.

(Remove the spaces between brackets.)

T-90MS already weights 48-50tons- APS and reinforcement for IED, APS and other feature add weight too- I don't know the upgrade package of Bhishma T-90S but I would put it anywhere between 50-52 tons keeping in mind Its need to run into towns and come out of it safely-
We don't need most of the features you have talked about. And the T-90MS carries stuff that IA in particular will not use. We are yet to see an India specific T-90MS.

pmaitra

That's BS. He writes whatever he wants, and I'm not allowed to?

I have already provided the rebuttals to anybody who has bothered to read the thread from the beginning. The answers I gave him were more than enough.
What rebuttal? You arguments involve "lego toys," "Satan," and lots of other things I could prove.

Even I disagreed with Kunal the other day (HAL LCA Tejas as CAS), and agreed with you, and you seized the opportunity to bash Kunal and another member. Why? Insulting people who don't agree with you is your malignant habit. Are you not grateful you receive far less infractions than you deserve? Thank the MODs for that.

You get infracted repeatedly because you ask for it repeatedly.

Meh. Mods do whatever they want to.

PM is not allowed to those who have infractions. So we can't use PMs for anything. Or did you not know that?
Yes, I know that.

MODs are not allowed to abuse, or engage in namecalling, like you do. You are not the only one. @SajeevJino chose to pontificate, instead of sending a PM to any other MOD. The fact remains, even when you are not under infraction, you choose to engage in public muck tossing instead of taking things over PM. Quit playing the victim. You are not the victim.

You are not allowed to abuse others. That is Kunal's fault.
You are not allowed to mock others. That is Kunal's fault.
You are not allowed to engage in name-calling. That is Kunal's fault.

Try to civilize yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

The rise of Islamic State in middle-east and corresponding rise in extremist forces all through Islamic world must be taken by India very seriously.

The war clouds are gathering. India does not have much time. The country must use ALL industrial facilities to cover the shortage of war materiel. It is important to drop any distinction between public and private sector.

Private sector is naturally afraid. Nobody wants to become controversial. Private companies can contribute to defence in an environment of fairness where they are treated just like government factories; and their contribution is recognized. The most important defence project of the country to build the SSBN is run by L&T, a private company. It is important to recognize their contribution and the contribution of many other industries. Assigning "profit motive" is a foolish statement.

sgarg

If IAF has run a very clean and successful tender, then what is the problem in signing the contract?

Why endless negotiations are taking place?

The facts are there for all to see. The finalist was declared in early part of 2012. This is now the end of 2014.

My Antony must have signed the contract in 2012 itself.

Every citizen must be concerned how the money of the country is spent. It is not only IAF matter.

The logical thing is to focus on Tejas as many on this board has suggested. The capacity of Tejas must be ramped up fast. It is not a question of nationalism but realism.

Other countries may have better planes compared to Tejas but we need to see what fits our situation. We cannot be in a blind race with other countries.

We need numbers today to fill many airbases.

Last edited:

p2prada

This is what Saurav Jha Thinks about Defense news Source .,basically we know how is idrw

[tweet]518986292596453376[/tweet]

@pmaitra

Can you explain why my views are so similar to other people who are recognized to know such things? Can you please tell me why most of the stuff the retd brass mentioned on Stratpost were mentioned by me many times many years ago? Even in the debate story from Defence Line about Arjun that I posted, can you please tell me why my views are similar to those retd brass too, and mentioned by me many times many years ago?

Why is it that I have so many top level sources for the views I have while the Arjun Brigade relies on disinformation from sources like defencenews and idrw?

p2prada

@pmaitra

Read this.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-17.html#post955441

Were his comments acceptable before you read my reply? Are his comments acceptable now, now that you have read my reply? So, what did you understand from this exchange?

Do you realize that he has been insulting the IAF merely on whim and not based on logic or commonsense? Is it justified? Do you realize that he is a fully grown adult and not a child?

Now please explain why sgarg made the comments he did.

Since you apparently have the power to decide and label a person to be something merely based on his posts, I'm sure you have an answer to all of these questions. So, I would like an answer to each of these questions.

sgarg

Then can you explain this?

Livefist: THIS IS HUGE: GE F414 Engine Lowest Bidder To Power Tejas MK-II [UPDATED]

India signs Tejas LCA engines supply contract with US - Airforce Technology

Do you know why there is a difference of three years for such a small contract? The answer is bureaucracy. This is India. Learn to slide with the establishment.

Taking a cue from Arjun Brigade, it is possible ADA is corrupt and has made a mockery of the tender process. They must have flouted all the rules in this tender, that's why it has taken 3 years. Mostly "costs were manipulated by omitting many MUST HAVE items." The govt somehow managed to resolve the situation and signed the deal.

This engine deal is not even worth a Billion and after all those years of negotiations it doesn't even come with full ToT, it only comes with license assembly. Overhaul and spares supply will still belong to the mighty US.

But the $20-30 Billion Rafale deal under corrupt IAF not only managed to almost wrap up negotiations in just 2 years, but also negotiated almost 100% ToT for complete aircraft, and also managed to get 100% ToT and full scale production rights for the next generation M88-4E engine. It is possible that we will supply spares to France in the future.
I shall answer you when Rafale deal is signed.

You talk about many things in the post which are NOT in public domain. So it is impossible to argue about it.

I cannot verify if you have some inside knowledge or not.

I can offer only the following observations:

1. There were two technical finalists - Rafale and Typhoon as far I know from news reports. If price is revised for one, the government will be forced to call the other party also for negotiations.

2. Your 100% TOT etc: We shall see this after contract is signed and reports come out about the details.

3. There is no Arjun brigade. This is your imagination. We believe in fairness in all public dealings. Military men are also public servants.

4. The MMRCA was an urgent requirement. I hope "urgent" has some meaning. You may take 10 years or 20 years in negotiation. That is up to you.

5. The contract for F414 did not have the urgency that existed with MMRCA contract. IAF was focussed on MMRCA, not Tejas. Tejas Mark I was still being perfected. I would say ADA has been smart to conclude the F414 engine deal well in time and according to their need. So at least F414 engine will not delay Tejas fighter.

sgarg

@pmaitra

Read this.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/59199-indian-t-90-trouble-17.html#post955441

Were his comments acceptable before you read my reply? Are his comments acceptable now, now that you have read my reply? So, what did you understand from this exchange?

Do you realize that he has been insulting the IAF merely on whim and not based on logic or commonsense? Is it justified? Do you realize that he is a fully grown adult and not a child?

Now please explain why sgarg made the comments he did.

Since you apparently have the power to decide and label a person to be something merely based on his posts, I'm sure you have an answer to all of these questions. So, I would like an answer to each of these questions.
I am fully capable of explaining my comments myself. You need not drag anybody else into it.

Twinblade

Country flag
This indigenous power pack was developed as a part of Abhay project with Cummins.

What the **** why the hell they want to upgrade a BMP1 seriously :facepalm: just produce more BMP2's instead or fund TATA's project
If you are referring to Kestrel, then no, that is not a TATA project. TATA motors is simply the manufacturer, like OFB. The vehicle was designed by CVRDE and TATA's contribution is mostly restricted to drive train.

sgarg

Scroll down this link page and you might see talks about T-90 at the bottom.

And this are part of it --->
Mr p2prada claimed that AUCRT trials were done for T-90.

He should produce evidence for it.

Everybody knows that T-90 was bought in a hurry after T-80UD was purchased by Pakistan.

The correct way is to stay abreast of military technology and pursue R&D projects to achieve local capability. The weapons must be built to around that capability. Sound manufacturing infrastructure goes a long way towards development of good weapon systems.

T-90 is a decent tank. We hope and pray it holds well in war. However we also hope planning and execution of military projects improves.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
As far as i know they are in reserved, Tarmour was not needed at the moment therefore no progress ..

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
@pmaitra

Can you explain why my views are so similar to other people who are recognized to know such things? Can you please tell me why most of the stuff the retd brass mentioned on Stratpost were mentioned by me many times many years ago? Even in the debate story from Defence Line about Arjun that I posted, can you please tell me why my views are similar to those retd brass too, and mentioned by me many times many years ago?

Why is it that I have so many top level sources for the views I have while the Arjun Brigade relies on disinformation from sources like defencenews and idrw?

Then come to the
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-air-force/63857-tejas-cold-start-doctrine-8.html
link and explain how Rafale generates body lift , a claim you have made, by replying to my post number-113.

Only aero foil cross sections generate lift.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airfoil

Sukhoi generates body lift because it has full upper fuselage- body blending. ANd with two well spaced engines mounted farther apart, just behind its cockpit, the fuselage simply flattens mimicking the cross section of aircraft wing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermaneuverability

So if you cut the Su-30 MKI into two pieces at its center(on the line which connects the centers of the frontal radar antenna and tail boom radar) along its length you will get a perfect aerofoil cross section resembling the cross section of wing as below,

Show me where rafale has such design principles to talk about body lift .

Saurav jha tweeted that so many positive things about tejas mk1. Wil you agree with all his past and present views on tejas mk1, if you call him knowledgeable?

He is about to write an article about tejas mk1's . Will you also agree to all his views on tejas in his future article?

Since when did you post a single saurav jha quote on tejas mk1?

H says that tejas is needed in many a hundred numbers, which was exactly what I was saying for years in DFI. Will you concur with him now?

Since you have been posting your whole life that tejas is an obsolete fighter not fit for service in both the closed ADA tejas -III and the present IV thread, what is your reply to his views?

After the ban period is over you can explain all these things to all of us in DFI.

Also you can compile and give us all a list of who are all knowledgeable guys in defence reporting and who are not .

It will help us all.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles