Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Twinblade

Country flag

Mahindra Mine Resistant Truck by Angad Singh | Zone 5 Aviation, on Flickr

Mine Resistant Vehicle by Angad Singh | Zone 5 Aviation, on Flickr

^^ Mahindra Mine protection vehicle designed with BAE based on RG-31 on a Ural 5730 chassis. Mahindra-BAE MPV-I offers hull blast protection equivalent to 14 Kg of TNT and underwheel blast protection equivalent to 21 Kg of TNT.

--------------------------

OFB Yuktirath Mk-III by TORQUE AVIATION - PHOTOGRAPHY AND HD FILMS, on Flickr

^^ Ordnance Factory Board's Yuktirath III mine protection vehicle. Yuktirath III offers hull blast protection equivalent to 35 Kg of TNT. The underwheel protection is rated at 42 Kg. Comes with an optional RCWS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twinblade

Country flag

^^ Tata Motors' Mine Protection Vehicle. Offers a hull protection from blasts equivalent to 14 Kg of TNT. Tata provides maintenance of MPVs at any Tata service center in the country.
------------------------------------------

^^ Ashok Leyland's Mine Protection Vehicle based on Marauder. Offers 14 kg TNT equivalent blast protection on hull and 21 Kg TNT equivalent blast protection under wheels.

Twinblade

Country flag
Combat Improved Ajeya
Ajeya tank has been modernized to meet the threat perception of our country by upgrading its 'Fire power' enhancing its 'Mobility' and strengthening its 'Protection' level. The tank was extensively trial evaluated by the Indian Army and MoD placed order on HVF, Avadi for production. Transfer of Technology (TOT) and AHSP transfer completed successfully
Uprated 1000hp Engine for T-72 tanks
CVRDE has upgraded power output of V46-6 engine of T-72 tank from 780 hp to 1000 hp to enhance the mobility of the tanks with the increased weight of the tank. The uprated engine was evaluated for 400 hrs. Extensive field trials were conducted and the performance was optimized to suit Indian operational conditions. Based on its satisfactory performance, the vehicle was offered for User trials 2011. The vehicle covered the stipulated 1400 km of run during summer 2011 trials, medium fording evaluation at HVF Avadi and DGQA & MET evaluation.
Users observations during 2011 trials were successfully resolved by suitable modifications in the cooling and air intake system. Validation trials were conducted during Jun - Sep 2012 involving User, DGQA and MAG-6 at Avadi, PFFR and MFFR and covered a cumulative run of 1260 km. CVRDE is planning to field two vehicles fitted with 1000 hp engine for the User trials during summer 2013.
http://www.aeromag.in/sites/default/files/Sailors%20&%20Warriors%20Sep-Oct%202013.pdf

ramakrishna

which mine protected vehicle is best? Mahindra's? Tata's? or Leyland's??? does these vehicles bought by IA? or just showcasing them?

if you wish to purchase one for IA which one you choose?

Dinesh_Kumar

If such issue had happened in Pvt. Sector, the heads of various departments would have been sacked..........
India to replace bursting T-72 tank barrels under Rs 1,500 cr deal with Russia - The Economic Times

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
looks the ofb product has the best blast protection and tata's have best looks.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
okie guys have a look at what may be our BMP replacement soon, yes it's a Khanate product being pitched extensively behind the scenes to our boys. the marines won't buy many new vehicles with the setbacks in funding by the US congress ad the Mil-In comples will be mighty pleased if we get a few hundred of these to keep production going.
Expect this baby to make an entrance in DEFEXPO 2014.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
which mine protected vehicle is best? Mahindra's? Tata's? or Leyland's??? does these vehicles bought by IA? or just showcasing them?

if you wish to purchase one for IA which one you choose?
The TATA MPV is a homegrown design while the leyland MPV has inputs from paramount of SA and the Mahindra is basically a BAe product packaged for us.

keeping this in mind i'd go for the Mahindra, it's bigger(more troops) and i expect it to have real world inputs from Bae products tested in all the conflicts from 2000 onwards.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Is that why FICV went to the dogs?

okie guys have a look at what may be our BMP replacement soon, yes it's a Khanate product being pitched extensively behind the scenes to our boys. the marines won't buy many new vehicles with the setbacks in funding by the US congress ad the Mil-In comples will be mighty pleased if we get a few hundred of these to keep production going.
Expect this baby to make an entrance in DEFEXPO 2014.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
the army will field arjun mk2 in large numbers only if the drdo decides to rename it t-92.:p

Blood+

Country flag
Re: Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

As FM Sam Manekshaw said, It is not the machine which matters, it is the man behind the machine which matters....
That's true,only to a certain extent;after that the 'Man behind the machine' dies and becomes useless.So the machine does indeed matters and matters a lot!!

Blood+

Country flag

Even if Pak comes out with Al Khalid III, they still wouldn't be able to defeat our skiiled, trained and abled crew......
And how are you so sure about that??Have you any personal info about the training of PA Tank crews??Underestimating your opponent is the last thing anyone would want to do.By the way,if you have any info then please share and if not then stop making these wishfull thinking bs Mr Oggy.

Rohan Nautiyal

That's true,only to a certain extent;after that the 'Man behind the machine' dies and becomes useless.So the machine does indeed matters and matters a lot!!
Yes I do agree that machine matters... But remember in 1965 war pak had pattons whereas we had centurion tanks..... What was the result??? Battle of Assal Uttar..!! I hope you can now understand what I meant!!!!

Last edited:

Rohan Nautiyal

And how are you so sure about that??Have you any personal info about the training of PA Tank crews??Underestimating your opponent is the last thing anyone would want to do.By the way,if you have any info then please share and if not then stop making these wishfull thinking bs Mr Oggy.
I need not see their training...... I know their op preparedness coz I have seen in it every war ... Pak doesn't even has 3 days of fuel if it goes on an all out war with any country.... You talked about machine.... If their machine is soooooo goooood then why has the PLA not inducted it into it's Tank fleet???? It was a joint project of PA and PLA. Just like JF 17...........!!!
Pointless to talk about it..... You said what you wanted to, I waid what I wanted to..... Now let's cut the Crap outta here.....
Cheers

Last edited:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

I need not see their training...... I know their op preparedness coz I have seen in it every war ... Pak doesn't even has 3 days of fuel if it goes on an all out war with any country.... You talked about machine.... If their machine is soooooo goooood then why has the PLA not inducted it into it's Tank fleet???? It was a joint project of PA and PLA. Just like JF 17...........!!!
Pointless to talk about it..... You said what you wanted to, I waid what I wanted to..... Now let's cut the Crap outta here.....
Cheers
You know why amreeki are so advance and why they easily win every war???

It's because they overestimate there enemy and hence they are always over prepared.
So alkhalid is the best tank in the subcontinent :troll:

Rohan Nautiyal

You know why amreeki are so advance and why they easily win every war???

It's because they overestimate there enemy and hence they are always over prepared.
So alkhalid is the best tank in the subcontinent :troll:
Can you tell me which war has the Americans won????? Except for world war 2??????? What made al khalid so better????

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles