Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It is IA believe that AC will make crew lazy, It is a regulation to fight keeping one hatch open at all times except when its extremely necessary ..

No, T-72M1 don`t have AC, AC is only being formulated for T-90 bhishma to keep electronics cool as first priority.

Long back ,I Had a chance to enter into T72 tank in an exhibition .It was litterly an oven.Does upgraded T 72 fitted A/C?

sbm

Country flag
There was some talk of cooling vests being issued to crews back in the 1990s. Blocks of ice are put in front of the cooling fans in the T-72 (well it was done for the Vijayanta)

sbm

Country flag
Not sure why these war vets are kept for public viewing in public places, The eventually get robbed ..

Best to keep them in cantonments and schools like KV, Sanik schools & Army schools ..
I agree or fence them off. You know like the Centurion not far from Manekshaw Centre in Delhi?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
It is IA believe that AC will make crew lazy, It is a regulation to fight keeping one hatch open at all times except when its extremely necessary ..

No, T-72M1 don`t have AC, AC is only being formulated for T-90 bhishma to keep electronics cool as first priority.
If I'm not wrong, some T-72's are tested with Air conditioning units but failed to deliver air conditioning without downgrading tank's efficiency.
Solution was suggested to replace the existing Engine with 1200hp Engine, which was not accepted.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think that was T-90 with russian AC which failed in our conditions, This pushed DRDO into action which collaborated with some private firm ..

If I'm not wrong, some T-72's are tested with Air conditioning units but failed to deliver air conditioning without downgrading tank's efficiency.
Solution was suggested to replace the existing Engine with 1200hp Engine, which was not accepted.

Reactions: Kay

sbm

Country flag
Umm... the ACs - need for APUs were the problem on the T-72. The tank's internal volume is limited. Space for an APU would be at a premium. In the original Arjun, the APU hampered movement. Hope that is resolved.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I think that was T-90 with russian AC which failed in our conditions, This pushed DRDO into action which collaborated with some private firm ..
Yup, that was the time when CAG raise this concern and DRDO come forward with its AC unit.
But T-72 case is different. Year may be same.
2 T-72's are fitted with ACs for testing.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Afaik, India used BTR-60PB in mass, Now they are all retired and spending their time at Army junkyard or some lucky once at some static display ..

The one below is OT-62 ..

sbm

Country flag
Any of SKOT OT-64 still around or all in the junkyard too?

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

Afaik, India used BTR-60PB in mass, Now they are all retired and spending their time at Army junkyard or some lucky once at some static display ..

The one below is OT-62 ..
I think these btr never seen in action right?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles