India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enquirer

I think too much is being made out of the ATHOS vs NEXTER competition.
That's probably just technical evaluation that started several years ago. Indian military forces are known to do that incessantly even if they know what the eventual selection would be - I think this is just a fail safe (in the event ATAGS doesn't pan out as desired). It would be too cumbersome to start the process a year from now if ATAGS proves to be a disaster.

But in all likelihood, ATAGS will be produced in large quantities.....and ATHOS would be considered only if ATAGS fails.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Guys keep this thread for porkie spanking.
We can discuss artillery and AWACS in respective threads.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

garg_bharat

Country flag
I think too much is being made out of the ATHOS vs NEXTER competition.
That's probably just technical evaluation that started several years ago. Indian military forces are known to do that incessantly even if they know what the eventual selection would be - I think this is just a fail safe (in the event ATAGS doesn't pan out as desired). It would be too cumbersome to start the process a year from now if ATAGS proves to be a disaster.

But in all likelihood, ATAGS will be produced in large quantities.....and ATHOS would be considered only if ATAGS fails.
Things have changed. The times of forever competitions are past. If MOD says ATHOS is selected, it is a done deal.

Enquirer

Things have changed. The times of forever competitions are past. If MOD says ATHOS is selected, it is a done deal.
There's no such thing!
Ultimately the deal as to be approved by CCS. Finance ministry has the last say...and it has put a halt on several things, several time (including by Jaitley).

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Dont expect ball to bll commentary......
All answers are within my tweets....

What does that means....
First that cryptic tweet with su30 photo..
And now this..
Have u attacked any military installation s just to revenge feb27

tsunami

Country flag
I believe something has been already done. In past couple of days PAF CAP have gone high again. Many Countries have already declared NATOM over Pakistani airspace.

garg_bharat

Country flag
There's no such thing!
Ultimately the deal as to be approved by CCS. Finance ministry has the last say...and it has put a halt on several things, several time (including by Jaitley).
As per latest reports the Indian Army’s tender for 1250 towed artillery guns has found a winner. The L1 bidder has been declared as the consortium of Elbit and Bharat Forge. The gun in contention is the ATHOS 2052 from Israel, which is a 155mm 52 caliber gun and has a strike range of 40 kilometers. Interestingly the price of the Israeli gun is cheaper than the Indian OFB developed Dhanush. The consortium intends to completely manufacture the gun in India with full technology transfer.

So let us understand range:
Dhanush - 38 km
ATHOS - 40 km
ATAGS - 45 km

ATAGS is not in production yet. ATHOS is in production (in Israel).

Tender may not have been awarded yet (due to elections) but not a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles